main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are we going to attend National Space Centre 2?

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by rebeljediknight_88, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    This is all the info i have so far:

Confirmed Guests

Warwick Davis
    Jerome Blake
    Jeremy Bulloch
    Richard LeParmentier

Hoping to Confirm this week or next

Ray Park
    Christopher Lee

Collectable in attendence:
    Andrew Ainsworth Too,
    R2-d2 Toys, Janco,
    Athena with their Limited Edition Convention Plauqes (NSC exclusive)
    Activision with Battlefront II game Pods
    Hasbro

Also:-
    Get your Props Toys anything valued by Barry Eldridge BBC valuer

Warwick Davis will be airing his Return Of the Ewok DVD which is very good im told

and Did i mention they are trying to get Ray Park and Christopher Lee

we have got to go! My chances of going are 98% at the moment!

EDIT: Wow, you take a couple of hours to get some kip and what happens, world war 3.

All discussion on this ends now. I don't want to see this coming up in other threads. Once the forms are ready, I will arrange for a copy for both Dave and Izzy. I'm sorry, but I cannot and will not have you performing in an official capacity at the table. You will be there as representatives of the FF-UK, but an adult member of the group will be manning our table at all times. If you have a problem with this, be mature and contact me directly instead of posting all over the boards about it.

2. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Dave this is one of those count to ten moments, Deep breaths. Back away.

This news has come out today, not every one has had chance to go online yet. May be in 24 hrs people will have been online, checked it out and will have a better idea of whats happening, remember other members have family and commitments. When people know they can go, they will say so.

3. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i know. thats why i posted the ifo here so people could see it. so we all knew what was happening.
    I am going and isy may once again come with me. we will see.

4. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    anyone tell me a date?

5. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    November 12th is the date currently for this. Weekend AFTER memorabilia I believe.

UKG has issued me a formal invitation to get the FF-UK involved, though once again I'm announcing this late because Dave has jumped the gun and started posting left, right and centre without talking to either the CR or the RSA.

6. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    hello! the title is asking if we are going to this! i havn't jumped any gun! I asked you lot!

so people do we agree to this invitation? I'm going!

7. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    You do realise it's your CR and RSA's job to organize these things not yours? Phill or your CR are supposed to announce these events... just give your keyboard a rest for five minutes will you for gods sake!

8. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i am asking a question that nobody has answered!
    Oh forget it I see whatever I suggest you lot are just going to pass it off as me getting hyper about it and have a go at me rather than talk about the subject in hand!
    from now on i wont bother keeping you up to date!

9. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    this isn`t til november, what`s the rush?

patience, my young padawan..............

;)

10. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    From someone who has put together events before for SW fan clubs, you need to give everyone more then a few hours to see this and check their own schedules to see if they can go.

So why the big rush to organize a group event that isn't until November? Is it in the hopes of getting a fan table? Even if that is the case, I bet they are willing to give local SW clubs more then a day to request a table.

Like we say here in the States... chill out dude.

11. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    David please calm down, no ones having a go at you for asking a question, I understand that Phill was going to announce something after he'd spoken to various people and had some positive feed back.

Your post is what I'd call positive, could you possibly post a link to the website for this event, if there is one please, I'd like to have a look at what's on offer before I commit to it. Thanks for the info so far and I'm sure Phill be making an official announcement soon.

12. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I am not pointing fingers at people and no disrespect to the people at the age of 16 and under cause hey we have all been that age, but I just wondering about the rules of the uk fanforce which has just come to mind cause I know alot if not all the fanforce groups in the states have one rule that all conventions or anything that is attended by the group all members under the age of 18 need to have their parents consent to attend.

13. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    David,

Your enthusiasim is great mate, but please you must Learn self control.

I applaud your Initiative on wanting to discuss this event, but as verity quite rightly says to you there is a direct path that must be taken, its the rule of all Forums...... go to MODS First.

When organising events there are always if's, but's and why's and things can change from one minute to the next.

Ive mailed Phil about this event (which is the correct way to do things) rather than jump on here myself and Spam you all.

Phil and Verity need to check out the credibility of the event and to also ensure that the UKG are not spinning a yarn about the guests to get you the Public to this event under false Pretence.

I can get away with the above post that you have copied and pasted on the RPB because i have been on there for years and i am known for organising events, on this Forum i am nobody but a potential spammer.

Hope you understand Dave

And Sorry FF if ive caused any upset here.

14. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    I think that's a good question and no doubt will be something looked at in detail as the Fan Force (and their relevant chapters) come into force more efficiently. Phill is discussing a Code of Conduct and it will be featured on the FF-UK website.

Perhaps some kind of rules and regulations page would be a good idea not just for the safety of other people but the safety of the staff here responsible for organising these events. There will also be a Q&A page which will cover any of these details as and when they arise :)

15. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005

I agree with this Statement whole heartedley, we have the same rule in the UKG and on the forum for obvious reasons.

Ive lost count how many emails ive had from certain individuals wanting to be part of the UKG for one off events like this, some people just cant take a simple answer like NO.

16. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Damn 501st troublemakers!!! :p

17. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005

Who Me!!!!!!![face_whistling] ;)

18. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Well, I certainly wouldn't be referring to myself since I don't.....

*looks down at signature*

FRELL!!

Woo Hoo! Go 501!!! :p

19. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    The poor 501sts trouble quota certainly spiked when you joined up ay Mr Trouble ;)

20. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    You have no idea.

[face_laugh]

21. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Dave, just take it easy mate. No one's having a go. However, as has been stated, there is a reason we don't just jump out with these things.

For starters, based on the e-mail I received from Simon (thanks mate :D ) I considered it not quite ready yet to start posting about it. Whilst the guest line-up is already impressive, and it will be fun to see Jerome, Warwick and Richard again after Signatopia, I wanted to wait on final confirmation of both Ray Park and Christopher Lee, since, no offense to the other stars, their presence will change the entire complexion of this particular event.

Considering how packed the previous Star Wars day was at the Space Centre, with just Dave Prowse and Warwick Davis in attendance, imagine it with Jerome, Richard, Ray and Christopher! Whoa!

As such, I wanted to take a moment to consider what we would do at such an event. The Space Centre prides itself on providing an experience for its customers, and as such, I wanted to consider what we, as the FF-UK, could bring to the table for this event before I jumped on here and started beating everyone around the head to attend.

I know you want to go to this, and it's great that you do, but give us time to sort out the rest of it, OK?

22. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Underage Members
    Anyone, regardless of age, may become a member, post on the forums, and attend official meetings and events. However, anyone under 18 years of age will be required to fill out a Parent Consent Form to participate in any meeting and event. The form the parents will be asked to fill out is as follows:
    Parental Consent Form
    Star Wars has always been a story for all ages. The San Diego Star Wars Society is comprised of members that reflect all ages. However, it is important for parents to be aware of several things if they choose to let their minor child join the club.
    No one will be supervising minors. While it is never the club's intention to allow a minor to get into trouble, the responsibility of the child's actions lay with the child and his/her parents or guardians.
    The club encourages parents to attend meetings and events to get to know the members of the group and what types of activities the club engages in.
    While no alcohol will ever be served or consumed at any official meeting or event by a club member, be aware that an official meeting or event may take place in a venue such as a restaurant where alcohol is being served to others.
    The group attempts to maintain all discussions at the PG level. However, some inappropriate language might inadvertently be used.
    Members of the club will not be responsible for transporting a child to meetings and/or social events. If a parent chooses not to attend a meeting or event with his/her child, it is the parent's responsibility to ensure that the child has a safe mode of transportation to and from the meeting or event.
    A parental waiver must be signed by a parent or guardian and the child before that child is allowed membership in the club.
    The parents must provide the club with a current address, home phone number, work phone number, and cell phone number. The parents must also provide the phone number of a family friend or relative not residing in the same household.

Well these are parts of the code of conduct for my other group and I tell you what reading through some of the other things in there you would not even think of but they are true. Well I suppose it is ok to share code of conducts with others cause hey I had to read it all before I came a member but if anyone wants a copy of the whole lot then let me know cause it is benefitial for the club and also should be placed when one has been done at the top of the uk fanforce boards under "new members sign in here" or something along those lines so any newbies have a full understanding of what we are all about and fully understand things like these.

Now I am done with talking for today till tomorrow cause it is 2:00am and my vision is starting to go so goodnight to anyone that is lurking about

23. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    this is something Ive spoken to Phil about because in out re-enactment group we get a lot of under 18's wanting to join (again with the armour) however if their parents are not a member of the group a 'responsible adult' has to be nominated as a legal guardian. Now I dont know about you but the reason I 'm not a mum is because I dont want that reponsibility and a lot of the group feel the same ( also it stops you drinking) there fore we have an over 18 membership limit.

24. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well with modern day society I have seen alot of parents nowadays leave their kids playing in the beer garden with a few packet of crisps to keep them happy whilst they are sitting at the bar drinking shorts getting drunk.

25. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    This issue needs resolving by someone who has a background in British law, yes I said British that we it would include Scotland, Ireland and Wales and I understand that Jairen has contacted someone in regard to this and it's being looked at.

The devil is always in the detail and the T.O.S. are great for monitoring the users of the boards but Chapters and meets are real world events that take place outside the frame work of the forums, couldn't 'WE' as chapters have a code of conduct with attached disclaimers, on paper that had to signed by all members or for those under 18 signed by a parent or guardian ? I know this could cause verification issues but Phill and the CR's need to be covered if something goes wrong in the real world.

It's sad that these things need to be discussed but it's a reflection of times we live in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.