main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are we going to attend National Space Centre 2?

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by rebeljediknight_88, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    i agree with what people have written about under 16`s going to events, i have three kids myself, and i always make sure that i know where they are and who they are with. easier said than done sometimes. when they go away with the school we have to sign consent forms etc, so these things are a good idea.

with regards to this space centre day, i think that Dave has done the right thing and let us all know that something is coming up, admittedly he may have jumped the gun a tad, but the sooner we know about trips and events, the sooner we can all make concrete arrangements etc. with regards to my current personal situation, who knows what i will be doing in november? but as soon as i know what i am doing i can book the time off (hopefully) and make the event, and more than likely my kids will be coming too.

i don`t think that Dave has done any wrong by "letting the cat out of the bag" at this point, as it`s no good trying to make arrangements with just a couple of weeks to go before events. would it really have hurt to make a thread about it officially so that it can be discussed and arranged well in advance, and within the "official" thread post that arrangements are being made with the UKG? why can`t we post about events that are coming up? not everyone is aware of the protocol involved with going through CR`s and RSA`s (especially with Mark currently out of the picture), but now we are all clear on this, i am sure that we will go by the book in future.

2. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I would really love it if every one could get to this as its my B'day on the 11th and It would be great to see every one.

3. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Verity for you I'd move, well at least 25 kilos but yeah I'll be there with my winning smile, proffesional attitude and happy joy joy demeaner. Oh did you want a pressie btw ?

4. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Instead of people creating threads like this at the top of the ffuk board a thread should be made which is kept at the top above all the other threads which upon going inside has say
    august
    27th - 28th:- Signtopia

september

October

November

December

and have a date to a particular event such as signtopia was the weekend that has just gone. So anyone that wants to add to the list should PM jairen with the event taking place they have heard of and any links to websites, it will then save all this firstly and secondly stick to the rule that about a month before the event which is ample time to organise something, then a thread can be created for that event like with the signtopia thread and the collectormania thread where everyone can discuss whos going to attend.

5. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Agreed Skywalker 1982 but sticky threads aren't popular with the powers that be, so we'll just have to keep bumping this one, One of the things we are going to impliment is a Shedule on the FF-UK site that will give dates and details of the various events, linking those to forum threads will make life easier in that regard.

6. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    a thread like this was discussed at our last star city meet. a calendar thread, if you will. this was a great idea, but then it all kicked off with Mark and no-one has done anything about it. i for one aren`t sure how to make a sticky thread.

7. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    your company will be pressie enough.

8. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Will find out anyway how to do a sticky thread but considering everyone goes to what I call the main page then the information is there and you cannot miss it so from then on all threads like this one should be locked and that person should be referred to the schedule at the top of the page. I just like to see things organised that is all cause it annoys me in the collectors forum when like a thread "revenge of the sith figures discussions thread" is made which to me is plain simple to understand and read but yet people still insist to make new threads.

9. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    As you may have noticed certain people have no fear of creating multiple threads about not a lot around here but yes your point is well made and the obvious advantages are plain to see, I still think you'll have trouble with the mods over a sticky thread though.

10. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    an *OFFICIAL CALENDAR AND EVENTS" thread would still be a good idea though. as long as it could be kept a spam free zone, which may prove to be a touch difficult.

11. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I do not see there to be any problem with the mods at all as I have just picked out 3 general other groups such as france and a few from america and they all have sticky threads on theirs.

12. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Jairens the man to ask then Dude ;)

13. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    Phiiiiiiiiiiiiiill?!? what`s the official stance on sticky threads?

14. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    On the website that I am currently constructing there will be an official calendar of events which you can click on and it will indeed take you to the official thread on here for arrangements :)

Websites almost finished now so I think I can tell you guys at least :)

15. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    i like this idea but would make one alteration! have a calender type display and have it so that only the CR and moderators can change it so that way we have to go through the right proticol (cant spell)

Phil you forgot to mention JEREMY BULLOCH! hes a great guy! and he is definately going!
    somebody asked about a site for this and my reply is that Simon from UKG posted it on a different board that i visit. and i have posted all details i have atm.

finally just to say that i think you shouldn't bring more paper work into the under 18's bit because it just wrecks the fun. plus its more paper work for you guys

16. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    The thing is dave, I dont fancy being dragged through the courts if anything happens to an under 18 at a meet, and paint me selfish, I would rather have a piece of paper ( Hello mr Chamberlain) protecting me from that.

17. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    but the key word here would be RESPONSABILITY. if you are under a certain age, an adult has to be responsible for you and your well being. my kids don`t just go on trips without someone being responsable for them, and a consent form is a way of me abdicating my responsability for them to an adult, i.e. a teacher. if you came out with us and something drastic happened to you (god forbid) then who would shoulder the responsability? legally it wouldn`t be you because you are "under age". with a consent form it means that your parents hand over that responsability and cannot blame anyone for any mis-haps, because they said you can go. now, it doesnt seem like a bad idea to me, we just need someone to take that responsability.............................

18. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    It's a damn good idea!

19. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    I can tlk to the people who sorted all this out for the Bucks

20. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i dont mind signing a piece of paper but no more!

21. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    your parents would have to sign it.

22. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    they would mind signing it just once. izzy might have some trouble though

23. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    if this kicks off the way it should, they either sign it or you don`t come. ;)

24. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    There in lies the problem, without parental consent and something that says if Little Davey gets run over by a shopping trolley we won't sue you for his injuries, ain't nothing going to happen if you're under 18.

25. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    can we go back to the main topic and let phil sort this out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.