Are we going to attend National Space Centre 2?

Discussion in 'Midlands and Wales' started by rebeljediknight_88, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tay-Mar Jedi Master

star 4
    Good idea Dave, is there an official site that I could perhaps browse for this event ?
  2. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    there isnt one i got this from Simon.
  3. Tay-Mar Jedi Master

star 4
    Humph, not the answer I was hoping for but there you go.
  4. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Stickies aren't a major problem, however, if I start some sticky threads, they will be for official CR/RSA announcements only, not for discussion in. Understand, L'Dave?
  5. TK0282 Jedi Knight

With all due Respect Dave, i didnt give you anything, you copied and Pasted your original Comment from the RPB which i made over there.

FF Mods

is there a disclaimer anywhere on this Board that specifies that users of the Forum must be of a certain age and also what age they must be to attend events.
  6. Stormtrooper_fan Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm not a mod but... you have to be 13 to sign up on the boards but I don't think there is any requirement for a minimum age for attending events.
  7. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Each FF that I am involved in has made their own age requirements. Normally it's 18 & up so older members need not worry about under age members at events.

Plus all the FF's I've ever belonged to had their meetings in pubs for the most part. [face_laugh]
  8. Tay-Mar Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay, I knew Nic would be on the case. As I understand it anyone under the age of 18 would have to attend an event, like the one in Leicester as a member of the general public, to include them in certain activities without parental consent would be a really bad idea from all points of view.
  9. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    sorry Si.
    And i think it is unwise and harsh to leave us young people out of things like this! i have done a few charity events etc on my own without my parents being there or anything. I think that is one way we should be different from the UKG we should allow in under 18's with parental consent and also allow people with non-screen acurate costumes.
  10. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    no-one is being harsh. it`s just that if you are under 18 you should have the ok from yoour parents that they will take responsability for you when they are not there, so that none of us have to carry the can. i for one am not willing to be held to account for any unseen eventualities that happen to anyone else, as it`s more than likely i will have myself and my own to look out for without having to worry about anyone else.

EDIT especially if there`s a bar, and the mrs drives!! :D
  11. Stormtrooper_fan Force Ghost

star 5
    See we could get into the 16 year old doesn't tell folks where he's going and parents freak out and call police... the over 18's in the group he's with could be in a WHOLE load of bother with the law should it be deemed the child was abducted....

OK this is ficticious but it could happen and the have been incidents on other boards with a member turning up and injuring another member... can you imagine how we would feel should it be a child that gets injured?

Not that any of this will happen here but we HAVE to cover our backs legally.
  12. veritasuk Jedi Master

star 4
    Exactly. We went through all this at teh BUcks AGM and the Under 16s were mardy because it meant they couldnt attend if their parents werent there. I'm sorry , but tough! I can hardly look after my self after a night on the voddy let alone make sure no one else is licking sockets.
  13. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    i'd get the all clear its alright but again can we leave this to phil. let him think of something.

we will help you phil you just need to ask
  14. trinitytrashuk Jedi Padawan

Flippin eck!

How quick do the jungle drums work on this site?!?!

Here I am plodding along sorting out stuff with UKG and you already know about it!

Well, yep Star Wars Day (Episode 2) will be on 12 November at NSC!

I think Simon has already put out the invite to you guys (and I like the comment about bringing something extra to the day)

If you want to come along and promote FF Midlands, you are more than welcome. If you can add something to the day for all the families, then fantastic!

Cheers
    NSC Bod!
  15. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    who wants to do some lightsaber fighting? theres a great place on the upper level! or we could make a movie of it in the tower
  16. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    if i make it to the event, you are on for sure.
  17. veritasuk Jedi Master

star 4
    yep, very drummy here !

We will work something out for this event, the kids loved what we did at Signatopia.
  18. darkinhere Jedi Knight

star 1
    You've seen this happen? (shudder) [face_skull]
  19. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh]

what did you do? i think we should do a fight scene. im going to try and get my dad to let my take a camrecorder so i want to do battle with somebody along the corridor and up to near the top of the tower. thats going to be so cool!
  20. TK0282 Jedi Knight

You are Joking of Course......... For a minute you had me going then.

However if for some bizarre reason your serious, then i can definately tell you here and Now, this will not happen.

Have you read some of the Posts here, this would be a definate contender for Liability should something bad happen either to you or a member of the public.

The UKG are covered for things like this.

Please remeber Dave this is a UK Garrison run event.

Sorry for the rant guys, you can go about your buisness..... Move along...Move along
  21. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    hey your totally open to your opinion but last time i was there that area was deserted except when the UKG's Jedi did a fight.
  22. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    * sits back to watch thread progress *
  23. TK0282 Jedi Knight

OK im not coming here on the FF boards having arguments and Discussions about Something that will clearly NOT HAPPEN.

Im trying to build a raport here between the FF Midlands and the UKG staff, and this board is not my place to lay down rules etc so sorry guys

What i will say is this, In the interest of Safety For all concerned an unsupervised Lighsaber battle between members of the Public just will not get the go head, and if i personally see this happening those involved will be ejected....... i kid you not.

Albeit an accident but didnt someone at Signatopia get hit by a Lightsaber???????

The Area in particular you are talking about is a Public access area for the Lifts into the Tower.

Dave,there is a discussion here at the moment about under 18s....... should they be allowed to go or not go to events un-supervised, your comments at the moment suggest you need to be supervised mate.

If you are adamant you want to be involved in a Lightsaber battle then you are free of course to Join the Jedi School on the day for £1 which is aimed at 5-16 yr olds (under strict supervision of Course) and youll get a jedi Sticker too.
  24. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Did not think my mentioning about the whole under 18 thing would go on for this long but anyway we all know what is what and as stormtrooper_fan said the website is coming along so it will have all this information or shall have on the website do not think anything else should be said on the matter......what was this thread all about in the beginning by the way? :D
  25. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Enough.

Sorry to do this, but I'm making a unilateral decision here.

Whilst we do welcome under-18s to the Fan Force, we have to consider the legal liabilities of having them with us.

As such, for events, we cannot and will not, have any under-18s being a part of any FF-UK position of responsibility.

For example, at the NSC, if we choose to do so, we will not have any Under 18s with us in an official capacity, i.e. manning the table etc.

What this means is that we want to see all the fans there at the event, taking part, having fun, but you must be their under your own supervision or that of your parents. We will have no responsibility for you. If you wish to attend the events as a member of the FF-UK you will be required to provide a written statement (wording to follow) signed by your parents, agreeing that they accept respnosiblity for your actions and liability for you when they are not with you.

As part of that, if you are found fighting a duel within the confines of the NSC, you will be responsible for it and your own safety. If any member of the FF-UK crew in attendance (by crew I mean those officially volunteering at the event) or for that matter UKG or NSC staff, see you duelling and endangering the public, you will be asked to leave.

Of course, this is just a note at the moment, I will be working to draw up the official version of this later.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.