main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are we going to have some kind of DVD box continuity?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DARTH_VERNON, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_VERNON

DARTH_VERNON Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2002
    Hi!

I know this is a bit sad, but i wanna know if the spines of the OT dvd's will match the PT dvd's?

anyone got any piccys of em?

Thanx in advance!

2. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Yes they will do. The Ewok cartoons will not, droids, clone wars and ewok movies I'm not sure.

3. DARTH_VERNON

DARTH_VERNON Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2002
    They will!?!? Yeah!

Anyone got any piccys?

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    They sort of match - PT is gold and OT is silver. But the design is the same.

5. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    It's a shame, really, that they aren't all gold. It's one saga, not two trilogies, for Force's sake!
    On the other hand, the saga does consist of two acts, so it's quite OK, actually :)

6. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Remember the '97 releases? Pan and Scam had a gold box, and gold sleeves. Widescreen had silver box and silver sleeves.

The Widescreen DVD box is silver, as are the individual covers. The Pan and Scam version has a gold box, so presumably the individual covers are gold too, right?

But why would one want to buy Pan and Scam just to get gold covers? NOT ME!

Luckily, HMV here is the UK are offering the gold case, but with widescreen DVDs (because we never get fullscreen DVDs over here) - so we get the best of both worlds!

Hopefully, on September 20th I'll have 5 widescreen Star Wars DVDs, all with gold covers.

7. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    They should have made the PT dvds Silver for Wide and Gold for P&S instead of the Blue.

You could also trade with a friend or family member who likes P&S so it could all be gold.

8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It's Platinum. Not Silver. We all know that gold is worth more than silver, and platinum is more expensive than gold. Subtling implying that platinum is better than gold, i.e. Widescreen is better than Fullscreen - which is true. :D

I can't find you a picture of the spines. Look on ebay. They might have one.

9. BackInBlack

BackInBlack Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2004
    Does this also imply that Lucasfilm thinks the OT is better than the PT?

10. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I guess so :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.