main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are we spread too thin?

Discussion in 'Archive: Shenandoah and Central Virginia' started by ZebulaNebula, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    AT-AT_Commander mentioned off-hand that the sector's growth was significantly below what was expected at the April 1 meeting, although I don't remember him telling me any possible reasons why. It occured to me that people might be reluctant to join a fanforce that covers as much area as we do, while having half a dozen people. Am I on to something, or am I way off?

2. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    The more i think about this, the more I wonder. I said we may be sprerad to thin, but that might have an advantage in the future. With what this valley has to offer its fabulous. With JMU in the middle and Shenandoah University up this way we have a college recruitment area. But then again we also have 1 to 2 hour car drives for some meetings. I am trying to think of ways to promote this group. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    I say we all should put something in our links and sigs. Also, our logo can be converted into an icon. Are we allowed RL promos as well? 'Cuz I'm thinking about sign campaigns on the campuses. Say, exactly where are our borders, anyway? Do you have a map?

Edit: We also have Virginia Tech and several smaller universities in the south, and Liberty University in the east.

4. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    What you may want to consider trying is somehow getting the word out on those two college campuses you mentioned. Maybe see if they have an activites department or maybe run an ad in the college newspapers? Or if allowed, you may even want to hold a meeting near one of the universities to see if you get any interest.

5. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    i'm at jmu, but our semester ends next week. it might be a good idea to do something during august, or maybe put up flyers. theres actually a couple of star wars facebook groups that I am a member of and can post something there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.