main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are we witnessing a multi-book version for War of the Worlds? (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Mar 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Sorry if this is redundant.
    Are we setting ourselves up for an ending to the NJO like that of War of the Worlds? Will an illness that is nothing more than a nusence( such as a cold) found in the GFFA dwindle the Vong's numbers to a manigable sum that would allow the Jedi to wipe them out? I believe we may be seeing the beginning of this in the worldships becoming sick. I sure hope this dosen't happen. Thoughts ?

2. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    for a while i thought vergere's tears would do just that

3. Rogue_Solo

Rogue_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2001
    No, no no no no no. I would hate for that to happen, and it would seem to just.....yeah, I don't know how to put it. I really doubt it though, because some scouts for the Vong, like Nom Anor, have been living in the galaxy for a long time, and they haven't caught any common disease and died of it. You'd think by now they would've known....

Now an engineered disease is another story.

4. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    You would think that, but I don't think they've gone to every planet. What if they came to a planet and just died. Not only would their numbers dwindle but the NR/Rebellion could isolate the source and wipe them out. Even an engineered disease would make this one of the most anti-climactic series ever.

5. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    a little like the baforr pollen in ruin

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    yeah, I was scared for a minute after reading about that pollen, at least they destroyed Ithor before the NR could take alot of the stuff if any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.