Are you a "Fan-Boy"?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by DarthScholar, Apr 9, 2013.

1. DarthScholar Jedi Youngling

Writing a paper in Star Wars cult fandom and looking for insights from fans on forums such as these on a number of issues.

What is your definition of 'fan-boy'?

Do you believe yourselves to be labelled as such?

Do you find the term to be derogative?

Thanks.
  2. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    There's a movie called Fanboy! It's original story was great, now it's just good. But still, Fanboy for life! :D

But not me... I'm not a boy, so I can't be a fan-boy. :p
  3. SithLordPat Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm definitely a fanboy.

I'm just that guy that really, really loves Star Wars. I have a lot of other interests, but I'm just known for that, ever since I was a kid. Also, Fanboys was a great movie.

I think any term can be derogative, and I've heard it be used derogatively ("Star Wars fans" by news sources, geeks, etc...) but I don't let it bug me.
  4. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Sometimes it's used in a negative way... but that comes along with some people misbehaving or putting a focus at the wrong part / forgetting that there's a non-SW(orwhatever)-World out there.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    Yeah, I guess you could call me a fanboy, I've never been called or called myself that before, but it's just another term for being a big fan, so it's no big deal. I love Star Wars and heaps of people know that and they don't care, they're not going to call me a nerd or anything, because heaps of people like Star Wars, and some people that I know even think that Star Wars is cool.
  6. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Mostly... SW is just one kind of an hobby. Some love to read, to do sports, to go out for eating, to cook, to meet friends, to watch tv series, to talk about politics, and so on and so on... and some enjoy everything SW.

...and one can find almost everywhere a person that gets into to it too much and forgetting the rest of life. Then it becomes a negative touch.

Oh, and btw SW is cool!! :cool:

Btw, what do you (@ all) prefer? The very old stuff from the time when the movies came out first, the old stuff including the special editions, the newer stuff about Ep1-3 or the latest stuff that just came out / after Ep3? About what area are you thinking about when you speak about SW? Which time is the "coolest" one in your view?
    Last edited by Skiara, May 16, 2013
  7. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    That would be the prequel trilogy and The Clone Wars TV series for me.