main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Are you a Good Guy? Then Join The Rebel Legion

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by GuriWannabe, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuriWannabe

GuriWannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2005
    Heya Guys
    You may or may not know this but the 501st has a sister chapter called the The Rebel Legion, for which I have been a member of for a few months now. Just like the 501st their are bases and outposts, events are done for charity etc etc, just like we do now, the main difference obviously, is The Rebel Legion is for those who have Good Guy Costumes.

Through my time in the Rebel Legion I have discovered that there is NO outpost/base here in Australia. Now for the past couple of days I've been conversing with Matt Hofmann the Commanding Officer of the New Zealand Base. My plan is to create within SAFF our own Rebel Legion South Australian Fan Force, and become the first Outpost/Base in Australia, with the thanks to Matt, I have been given great information on where to start.

Firstly if Noone objects I would like to volunteer to be the Rebel Legion Commanding Officer for Sth Aust., I mean this is just a title, as the SAFF group will still run itself with its members and CR as normal, its just the Legion needs a contact name for C.O. within the Legion itself.

Secondly to get things on our way, to be considered an Outpost I need to have the confirmed interest of at least 5 people, or to be considered a Base I will need at least 10 people, and those who are interested must apply for membership to the Rebel Legion.
    http://www.rebellegion.com

2. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    Now that the intro is over, this is important

So if I have tweaked your interest and have a good guy costume and a full detailed photo/s of your costume from any of these fields: Rebel Pilots, The Jedi, Rebel Troopers, Royalty/Senatorial, Rebel Commanders, Smugglers, Creatures
    You can join.

Now this is the important bit...To be considered for membership, The Rebel Legion will admit a person on how good their costume is, not by the individual person, the following is a direct quote from the Legion Forum on admissions

"We approve the costume, not the person. Which means that every person receives the same consideration for the same work, no matter who they may be. In an effort to formalize that stand, we have begun drafting a statement (which has now been included in all costume standards) that will reflect that decision. As with everything in the Rebel Legion, it will be a work in progress, but we feel that it is important to have a firm stand on the issue of what is exactly being judged during the approval process.

For membership approval in all costume categories, hair color will not be a consideration, as long as it is a naturally occurring hair color, however For Royal/Senatorial, (especially the Leia's, Amidala's and Padame's) we are requiring the correct hair style and a hair accessories. So it's left up to the individual if they achieve the hairstyle using their natural hair, their hair plus hair extensions (to match their hair), or a full wig.

All decisions regarding a membership application will be based on the quality of the costume, as a whole. For some Generic costumes, membership can be gained with other hair colors. Simply put, it doesn't matter what costume you have made, as long as you have made it well, and it respresents the character using the standards found in each forum, then your costume will be approved."

3. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    Finally, if you want to read more information about The Rebel Legion
    goto
    http://www.rebellegion.com
    click on About Us
    and select from the Left of the screen Club Charter

Thanks guys for allowing me to take up your precious time :D
    I just feel this well also be of benefit with conversing with the 501st

4. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    I'm already a member :)

http://www.rebellegion.com/cos.asp?COSID=1459

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I went to join, clicked on teh joining thingy and it just refreshed the page I was on! :eek: :( I want to join!!! :_|

6. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    I'll onlook, with great interest.
    I'm firmly entrenched on the Drakside...

7. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    AD, just checking how you did it
    You clicked Join the Rebellion
    Then Full Membership (this is to post a photo)
    Then you selected your costume category and continue
    Then you filled in all your details and clicked Submit

if you did all that correctly, watch very closely for 1 second it will thanku for your application, and you will be emailed once your application is appproved, then the page will refresh to the home page

EDIT: If you blink you will miss the message, otherwise if it takes you back to your submit page, check if you have missed any of the required fields

8. obi-han-doa

obi-han-doa Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 12, 2005
    i wanna join but no costume yet and would rather sign up with a han solo hoth costume guri can u help there?

9. Smugglers-Armoury

Smugglers-Armoury Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    Sounds interesting, I'll have to put something together after I've done the sculpt for my Jaffa Master/Bre'tac collar.

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I dont even get 'Full membership!' :( As I said, I click on "Join" and it just refreshes, it's like a split second, no time to even see anything let alone click on anything. Dont worry, probably my fire wall....will beat Justifier duly...

11. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    interesting....I didn't know you could be a member of the 501st AND a member of the rebel legion...I thought 'dark ladies' belonged on the dark side, A-D? Guys...you have a traitor in your midst!!!!

I'll join, but unfortunately Uni and school commitments this year mean that I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands - and what spare time I have will be taken up with my family and sleeping!

:)

EDIT: stoopid fat fingers on too skinny keyboard! :p

12. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    Unfortunately ObiHan I have hardly anytime, I'm deliberatly making time to do JTN's costume,
    and then I have a few of my own costumes I have to do, for myself and the Alf

13. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    AD if you like, if I PM you the questions for membership, then you can PM the answers, what I can do is logout of my account, and submit an application for you, then you will get an email a couple of days later stating your application has been approved....would you like us to try that?

14. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    done, Guri...hopefully my Mon Mothma is good enough for them! I looked at some of the other costumes there, and whoa!! :eek:

One day I'll have time to sew again..(looks off dreamily to the distance)....

:D

15. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    Excellent Winter, and I am sure your costume will be fine ;)
    and now I can't believe I'm saying this but, its my turn to start a list
    MEMBERS LIST:
    Guri
    Starfire
    MsWinter

16. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    I'll join shortly. Finding the best pic to use.

17. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    Excellent Smithers...ooops Toddi :D

18. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    this could be interesting.....

with arcticfox a member of the 501st and me a member of the rebel legion...it'll be much like you and DLA, Guri! Us girls may have to gang up on the boys! lol

:)

19. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    DLA's 501st?

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    He is? Not seen him over there posting?! :eek:

21. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    To Clarify, DLA is NOT 501st probably because he rarely wears the bucket these days, but it won't surprise me later in the year if he does join the 501st after I make him his Imperial Officer uniform, but he does have plans to join the Rebel Legion ;)

22. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    DLA in da Rebel Legion, aiiii! :D

23. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    Will be a 501st.... soon :p

None of this Jedi / Rebel Poodoo

Thou Starcruiser has a jedi costume, so get her in :p

24. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Hands off Jedi boy - he's one of us :p

25. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    whoops...I thought he already was!! My bad...

just because people don't post there, doesn't mean they're not members...like I said Fox is a member of the 501st - he just can't be bothered living on the computer all the time...both of us can't! :) He's TC7177 I think..I know the numbers are right!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.