main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are you a "refined" collector?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by sith_rising, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Sorry, I thought about that joke and just had to do it. :D

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Guess I don't understand the joke, are you in the oil industry?

3. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    No Spook, I'm not. Just trying to be funny. 8-}

4. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Kevin, I mainly collect the action figures and a few vehicles. Seeing as how being a completist can get out of hand, I try to just purchase what I like.

Yeah, thats me, too. I'm not a completist. I don't have to have every single toy and action figure. If I see a figure that I like...I put out the feelers for it.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I tend to pick up nearly every 3.75" figure and Unleashed just for the simple fact that I've passed up a few only to come back a few weeks/months later dying to get them and having to pay through the teeth on EBay.

I stick to 3.75" and Unleashed, I pick up all of those. I grab legos, 12", and ships as they strike my eye. Anything else is on a rare basis, generally it's gifts. Though I did get sucked into the Pepsi can thing from E1.

6. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I tend to be a "character collector", basically meaning I tend to collect items of my favorite characters (Ewan Obi-Wan, Leia and Darth Maul). Although, some of the higher end items (Kotobukiya, MR sabers and Unleashed, which I know isn't high end but still unique), I'll collect whatever catches my eye.

My favorite pieces I think are my Obi-Wan AOTC and Darth Maul sabers, my Obi-Wan and Darth Maul Kotobikuyas, my Unleashed figures and some of the more unique stuff like the Palm Talkers, Kubricks, etc.

7. deltau922

deltau922 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    I pretty much buy only the figures, and even then I don't get them all, since many are so redundant. I don't buy the ones that really don't fit in the movies anywhere (Bespin Han in handcuffs but still wearing his jacket?)

8. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I am thinking of refining my collecting to a couple of characters, LEGO kits, props, and posters. The couple of characters I am thinking of are: R2-D2, C3-PO(?), and the Skywalker family. My wife likes the Padme dolls from Ep1 and was disappointed that there weren't ones for Ep2, so I collect Padme stuff that she likes, too.

9. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm not refined.. I'll buy anything that says Star Wars on it. Unfortunately, my Star Wars room is starting to overflow with stuff. I have cut down on buying multiples of figures and such. People also give me whatever they have lying around that says Star Wars on it. I have all kinds of odd things from Japan, which makes my collection more interesting.

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    deltau922, the Han think depends on the shot of the frame. In some he still has the jacket on. But all in all I get what you're saying, just had to stick that in. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.