main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are you alone in the knowledge of the EU?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Daemonicus, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daemonicus

Daemonicus Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2003
    Hi, I previously had this topic in another room but had it locked saying it should be in this one instead, so here I go again.
    My friends and I share alot of interests such as horror movies and extreme heavy metal music but when it comes to Star Wars and the EU I find myself alone with all of the knowledge that the novels and comics provide. My friends love the Star Wars movies and we watch them regulary but their interest stops with the movies and they dont read any of the EU and laugh at me when I mention the books and comics..Which brings me to my topic question. I find myself alone with the EU with no one to discuss or to share interests in everything Star Wars. To make it harder where Im from in Australia it is nearly impossible to go to any fanclub meetings and such.Does anyone else have this same problem with their friends or am I just a big Star Wars geek with nothing better to do?

2. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee

Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Well, alot of us here do discuss, but there's Spam. So, it kinda stops us. It's hard. LoL

We all gather virtually together to talk, play virtual games. (EX: *takes out lightsaber and stares at you coldly*) Some people don't want to discuss, we just want to hang out and have other kinds of fun, not always discuss. You know, like the pirates. I'm a pirate. We are Star Wars Pirates. We all have one thing in common. We like Star Wars.

If you want, you can start a thread and put on "Discuss only" I'd be your spam officer
    :cool:

3. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    I've only had one friend ever call my book collection "awesome." Everyone else does the *cough*nerd*cough* thing. ;) In my experience, meeting other people into the EU is rare, but there's always the chance to convert them. ;)

4. Shadow-Sith

Shadow-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2003
    Yeah seems like adults even think your nerdish if you know to much about the EU.

5. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    My whole group of friends (practically) is comprised of nerds, so even though most of them arent nearly into the EU as I am (although one is) they're all admiring of it.

6. Shadow-Sith

Sep 30, 2003
    Out of my group 10 good frieds I hung around with only myself and one other knew anything of the EU.

7. Daemonicus

Daemonicus Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2003
    The only time I get to get express my EU knowledge is when my friends and I chat about EpIII and I bring up the EU to try and get them interested. I dont think it really helps when I am the only one out of all my friends who constantly reads. So I posted this thread hoping to meet some ppl who love SW as much as me and to hope to chat to them at some point.

8. Shadow-Sith

Sep 30, 2003
    I love SW, but somethings I have no knowledge of.

9. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Nah. A lot of my friends read the EU and play the games. Well, maybe not a lot, but a few. Those are who it matters with.

10. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    I have a fair number of EU reading friends.

There was the girl who I got into SW in general and then the EU. She doesn't like the PT or NJO, but I can still discuss the OT and Bantam Era with her.

My "little sis" was just starting to dabble in the EU when I met her, but had limited access to the books. I offered her access to my rather ample collection and we've been driving people nuts with EU discussion ever since. :p

JacensGirl was already very much into the EU when we met, and was rewarded with a big hug.

DaRk_MaRa_LeGaCy had never seen the OT when I met her, but she got so utterly sick of not knowing what we were talking about that she started borrowing my books.

A former coworker of mine still has my Thrawn Trilogy. I really have to get it back. :p

Then there was another friend, who started reading the EU because "Why is this in my hand?" "Because you should read it." "Okay."

Another friend got fed up with our discussions and is also now reading the EU. :p

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.