main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are you alone in your knowledge of the EU!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Daemonicus, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daemonicus

Daemonicus Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2003
    My friends and I share alot of interests such as horror movies and extreme heavy metal music but when it comes to Star Wars and the EU I find myself alone with all of the knowledge that the novels and comics provide. My friends love the Star Wars movies and we watch them regulary but their interest stops with the movies and they dont read any of the EU.With brings me to my topic question. I find myself alone with the EU with no one to discuss or to share interests in everything Star Wars. Does anyone else have this same problem with their friends or am I just a big Star Wars geek with nothing better to do?

This is best suited for EUC, rather than EU Lit...

2. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Yes I share the same problem. I only know one other person (face to face) that shares my liking of the EU except he doesnt like the New Jedi Order

3. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    I too have this problem. Only a bit larger: Nobody here likes SW. Last schoolyear my sworn nemesis started to read the EU (X-wing novels) but still i couldnt talked with him about it. And a few years ago somebody didnt wanted contact with me anymore: he was a big SWgeek altough also only movies.

So besides the boards here i am alone too.

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    If anyone I know in RL likes EU, they're keeping the secret very well. ;)

5. MoonChild

MoonChild Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    I am! I'm a lone little girl in a straight-jacket. Not one person in my school likes SW at all. If they do they like to keep it secret

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Me. I am the talking Star Wars encyclopedia among my friends.

7. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    It is the same for me. I know a few people who like the movies a lot like me. But in RL I have no friends who read the books or comics. Thus I am also a walking encyclopedia to them. Heck, only one of my friends who loves Star Wars even heard that Chewie died

8. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    I have two friends who read the EU, and one of them is quite knowledgable about it. Unfortunately, I see neither of them regularly. Besides them and my one friend who is "not a Star Wars fan, but a fan of Star Wars," no one I know has any knowledge of Star Wars, unless they're keeping quiet about it.

9. kowikan_monkey

kowikan_monkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    Too bad we couldn't all move to a town called Star Wars ;)

10. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    One of my good friends, I suppose good friend likes the EU. She's not too keen on the NJO though for some strange, odd reason. Whatever floats her boat I guess. [face_plain]

I had a friend in high school who was a big EU fan like I am. We would have trivia challanges to see who knew the most. It was fairly evenly split, when you take into account my comic collection was limited. So any comic question I missed, but other than that it was a pretty close race.

11. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I've got a worse problem. A fellow fan whose an EU poser. He's probably never read a Star Wars novel in his life, but all he did was pick up the New Essential Guide to Characters. So, in a few hours, he's accumulated the wealth of information which has taken me six years to build up myself. I can still nail him though. He doesn't even know who wrote the Thrawn trilogy.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

12. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    I have several friends who are into SW, but only my best friend is an EU junkie like me. He owns pretty much every book sold, so I mostly borrow them from him when I need my fix, wheras I have nearly every SW comic released, and he borrows them from me when he needs a fix.

13. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Yeah I'm definitley the master with my friends. They make fun of me all the time for it. Like when we played Star Wars trivial pursuit and I got the question right about how many rats are seen in the dungeons of Jabba's Palace, they almost beat me up. But now, I took on two of my friends as apprentices to my knowledge and I train them every Tuesday after school. It's so awesome, I've got them hooked on SW, but my other friends still make fun of me.

14. SuperVader

SuperVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2002
    I am alone in my EU knowledge though my one friend has borrowed all my NJO books though he forgets to return them quite often.

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I don't know of anyone else in person who is an EU fan. Although I did just recently meet this girl at work who is a huge fan of the movies; I haven't asked her if she reads the EU yet.

16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Nope; one of my best friends is an EU junkie too. Well, in fact he was the one who got me into Star Wars. I guess I'm lucky. ;)

17. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    heh.. you folks do know that probably in your area, there is a chapter of FanForce (easily found on the boards here at tf.n) where you might find other EU-noggined people such as yourself... you still might be the top cheese of EU in the club, but at least people will know what you are talking about... after all, someone has to have bought all those other copies of the books in the bookstore, that you left on the shelf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.