main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are you already humming "Across the Stars"?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Bubba_the_Genius, Apr 13, 2002.

?

Are you already humming "Across the Stars"?

Poll closed May 15, 2002.
  1. Yes. Yes I am.

84 vote(s)
    72.4%
  2. No, even though I've already heard it.

19 vote(s)
    16.4%
  3. No, because I want to be spoiler-free, dag-nabbit!

10 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. I don't what you're talking about.

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    You know guys, there are other film composers out there than John Williams. Why not take the time you would have spent flaming me and go listen to something with substance.

Look through your soundtrack collection. Do you have mostly "songtrack" albums (the marketing geniuses realized that you don't actually have to have music that was IN the movie on the soundtrack! What a wonderful idea! Let's fill a CD with stuff that really has nothing to do with the movie!)? Or do you have mostly "scores"? Real film music fans will have very little Williams and have more Max Steiner, Bernard Hermann, Leonard Bernstein, Elmer Bernstein, Jerry Goldsmith, Alan Silvestri, and even my good old favorite Danny Elfman.

Try it. I dare you! Just once, listen to some film music that ISN'T WILLIAMS!

Again you make an arrogant statement. Or rather this is an arrogant assumption. Most of us here DO listen to film music that isn't John Williams. Very few of us here are dumb enough to confuse "songtracks" with scores. We know the difference.

Your statement about what "real film music fans" will have is insulting. You assume that everyone should share your opinion. I listen to what I like. I listen to scores that grab my ear. I don't care WHO wrote them. I like a lot of John Williams' work and he is my favourite film score composer. This does not mean he is the only composer I listen to or own CDs by.

Let me define what your posts in this thread are considered: trolling.

Why not take the time you spent trolling here and go listen to some John Williams?

2. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    ATS reminds me of Ennio Morricone.

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.