main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Are you feeling kinda . . . LOST? The CASTAWAYS OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SirakRomar, Mar 6, 2013.

1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Link is in the first post of this thread ;)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    i can access the game... but we didnt post CS to the game I think... And I cant find it in the inbox'

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I just reread a chunk of it. CSs were pm'd and not posted in thread.

Sent from a Kewonkian Lizard Monkey's TARDIS

4. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    The Board ate my post. So again ... yes, we only PMed, but with our new players I think you guys should post one, too. Only if you are alive! (Mitth, Fin you guys are dead). Keep them really short.

5. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Wait. . .alive people keep em really short, or (Mitth, Fin you guys are dead) so keep em short as dead men don't tell long tales? Sorry my mind is not untangling this well enough to know whether to post an epitaph or not.

6. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I believe we got nothing to post, Mitth. We are . . . "special"

7. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Exactly. Dead don't have CSes.

Opening will not go up today. I still discuss CSes with new players and you guys need to put up your CS. So Opening Post late Monday or early Tuesday ...

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    well...cant FIND my post in my PM's for my CS...thats the problem!!

**Keeps looking**

Bounty Hunters probably ate it..

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'll post my CS tomorrow/later on today (seeing that it's nearly 3am here). It's been a busy weekend.

10. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    So, someone once did this for SotS and I thought it might be a good idea to do it for Castaways Season I now that I have completely rered it. What do they call them in TV-Review sites? A post-mortem. Might help people remember the details and be helpful to overlook the plot for new players.

So, Castaway Season 1 consisting of the pilot (somewhat longer than the rest) on the old boards. We all woke up on the jungle planet there. Only pod1 was covered back then. Cece, me, Losot (LordT), Han Solo (undercover as Keil), Eliza and a bunch of NPCs.From the beginning we didn't get along too well with each other. Let me say LordT with the cool and cruel pragmatism of Losot and the attitude that the gun always is right was a perfect villian back then. Like all good villians he was not entirely wrong about all he said. There was no flashback in the original Episode. Instead we had . . .

A special called Passenger which showed most characters before the crash. We got to learn some new guys and found out interesting stuff like . . . Lorn was kept in a cryopod. Losot had a sun and a mental problem. Imperials had been on boards which explained the presence of a Stormtrooper NPC in our group. And why he was so eager to protect/kill Lorn. We also got to learn The Woman. A force user on board with a great interest in Lorn. TheSithGirly would cameo a few more time in her role and was our first not-regular player. Loved it. Recurring role they call it in TV, do they?

Then we moved to Episode I: The heard and unheard cries for help where we met Pod2 (called the rear pod, hihi) and Losot's son Meset, Anora Cole and her little son, some big green thing not the Hulk and a creepy Doctor who seemed not to have the best in mind of his patients. We also finally had a crew-member of the ship, but he wasn't as helpful. Group were not getting happier, but everything was relatively find for now. Then we had out first Flashback and learned, that Cece actually worked for The Vulture (unforgettable character of TheGoodImperial in a different game making another cameo here).

Episode II: The Desperate Measures is where most of our groups met up and . . . could not agree on the next action. TM309 also joined the group as another Stormtrooper. He had a very short run and basically we found out through him that our female Dark Jedi is not ready for a social life and not on the single-market. I kinda loved that scene. We also met our first antagonist of sorts. A bunch of flowers a few millions giant killer insects who felt attracted by their pollen.

That was why Episode III: The Swarm kinda had a bad start. Han basically created that Swarm by accident. Running, shouting and fighting for survival we pretty much all spend the Episode as a fight for survival, with Anora Cole beciming de-facto leader (quote from Mitth) of the group. Good thing she also was our Flashback-Queen where we found out she was Imperial, widow and mass-murderer.Oh yeah we also me "The Voice" who would later be renamed "IT" and who turned out to be our prime antagonist, a ghostly, shape-changing, mind-bending creature that pretty much existed only in our heads for most of Season 1.

Well, we also met a Jedi Ghost in the end of Episode III who saved Cece. Fittingly Episode IV: Ghosts. Bronwyn played by Admiral Volshe joined the game. The group was divided and what was left of the core-group divided itself only more. My favourite Episode simply because of the great scenes between Cece, TSG and the force ghost. Flashbacks were from The Doctor who seems to have been in the Emperor's services working on something with Clones and Force-transfer (haha, loved the proto-Dark Empire plot that explained the existence of my character actually). Also LordT returned as the Emperor himself (won an awardv for playing him in As Father As Son back then, I believe) and then as Losot who is dead, but what does it matter in a game called . . . Ghosts! Also IT showed it's true range of abilities . . . appearing to all of us as persons from our past and by that confirming it can create illusions, is stronger in dreams than reality, can read minds, probe brains . . . it basically crawls into our minds. I loved those scenes. My favourite Episode.

But nevertheless, what a Season Finale with Episode 5: The Most Dangerous Game. We had our group being hunted by the Mandalorians who shot us down originally. We had Lorn making his last stand and then dying by the hands of . . . another Lorn? The Doctor abducted Sed Cole and the kid was saved (or was he) by the Dark Jedi girl . . . and indeed it was confirmed, we're both clones. Han was shown he has basically screwed continuity and not for the better. Beasts ripped apart the other group and left most of them dead or missing. It ended with Anora and Han facing off in the jungle, what little remained of the main group meeting a platoon of Stormtroopers and Meset, Lorn and Doctor Zerr confirmed dead. Oh and a glimpse of IT, which was a bit different then what I had exepcted. Creepy.

Most intruiging were the Flashbacks of a past long gone. Where we meet Elco Moss and Tuon La played by LordT (kind of our Andy Serkis, jumping into various roles) and GreyJedi in an awesome cameo that was actually incredible fun. Two explorers on the planet many years ago when it seemed much less hostile. The met Rakata and lost their ship . . . and found a cave . . . the same cave The Doctor found in our time and which seems to lead somewhere bad. I guess we might have IT's lair here. Anyway, I am ready to bet 10 EURO that before this is over there will be an Episode called "The Cave". Just saying.

So this is basically it. What do I expect from Season II? That is how these things usually end, is it? Well, IT is just beginning, I assume and what is hinted was, that it actually had only been waking up recently. Those imperials are traditionally a problem in Star Wars. And might I point out we had a murderer in the first scene we never have solved? Also we haven't seen flashbacks from Han, Lorn, Zelia or any of the NPCs. Personally I hope @GreyJedi, @LordT will return for another flashback.

Oh and pod3. New people is what we need, our old ones die so fast. :p

So . . . now I feel I am ready to play again. :)

11. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Wonderful Fin! Thanks.

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Cece: ... "I am sooo screwed..." :p

What a great write-up!! Thanks

13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    It's ALIVE!!! [face_devil]

14. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    24 Hours opening post warning.

After that point I will take no new players for this Season. Except Flashback Cameos of course.

15. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I was hoping to be well enough to participate again, but I'm not. I am eager to see how it goes though :)

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    *Looks at Volshe's post, then at calendar*

Monday, my old foe. I should of known!

Sorry to read that Volshe, hope you feel above the weather soon.

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Sorry to hear the Volshe. Get better!

18. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Sorry to hear Volshe. Get better.

So, I have two more CSes to go up and I will give them a few more hours . . . then we shall begin.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Claire/Sirak had to jump in for a colleague and asks for a little more patience. She wrote me a SMS, that she will try to post the update later tonight, but tomorrow latest.

I can't wait for it, also I already had the pleasure of proof-reading it :) Anyone wants spoilers?

20. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Haha, nobody wanted your spoilers, Fin!

And . . . THE GAME IS ON!

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Yes, we would rather wait a day for the full reveal ;)

22. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Update to all players ready for an update will get one within 12 hours...

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Working on an update now. I was waiting to see if Revans_Disciple would reply first, but I can go ahead and get my intro up awhile.

24. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    It won't be for long . . . it won't be much . . . but hell yeah, I am back.

Hello everyone! So glad this is continued!

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Glad to have you back! I was bummed when Sirak posted for the Dr. As it meant to me you weren't going to be back. Very glad for the surprise. :)