main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are YOU getting GOTY?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by KNick-9000, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KNick-9000

KNick-9000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2003
    So, are you getting by far teh coolest RPG ever?

-KNick-9000

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  3. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I hope so. First I need a 'box. But I'm going to get SOME version of this game as soon as possible.

Some may find it boring; others, too big. Too vast. Me, I think it's perfection. I played it once, and only once, just for a couple of days, and fell in love.

And that was just Morrowind. Sounds like a lot will be added with this one.

4. Whizkid

Whizkid Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    What is GOTY???

5. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    game of the year... ?[face_plain]
    whats this years game of the year?

6. Not_Applicable

Not_Applicable Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition.

I plan to pick it up in the near future. The $30 pricetag is hard to pass up for hundreds of hours of gameplay. Gladius is my more immediate concern, though.

7. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    oh. Why not just post all this in the official morrowind section then?

I have like 50 hours of play, im only level 24 or so, and the game is boring to me. I have no idea what to do next, and killing everthing is really easy.

8. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    is it an online game?

9. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Morrowind isnt, no.
    Its fricken huge tho.

10. bowieslefteye

bowieslefteye Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
  11. KNick-9000

KNick-9000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2003
    Because that thread hasn't been replied to in weeks.

An even then it was one post.

-KNick-9000

12. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I plan on picking this up. I have Morrowind but got tired of playing it, but its so huge I plan on playing it a lot someday. But at 30 bucks I'm gonna get this, too even if I wouldn't like it. I could always have it whenever I want to play some gargantuan, epic game. Like I feel like doing after I watch Lord of the Rings or something.

13. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Woah now, i just looked at morowind.com and it said that GOTY contained content from Tribunal and Bloodmoon as well as the original game??!

Does this mean there will be 3 disks in the thing that lets you play all of the games? Or is it just parts of the expansions?

14. Jedi_Master201

May 5, 2001
    All of it. And I think even a few extras along WITH the other expansions.

15. Not_Applicable

Not_Applicable Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Yep, GOTY features the original game and the two expansions, each of which were sold for more than $30 on the PC, I believe. Plus there are a bunch of improvements and bug fixes for the original campaign. It's a very good deal.

16. Whizkid

Whizkid Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Can someone give me a short summary of what this game is about

17. Jedi_Master201

May 5, 2001
    Think MMORPG without being multi-player or online. ;)

The main story of Morrowind, if I'm not mistaken, is that in the Empire, there's a certain evil being born in a mountain, and someone is prophesied to destroy it. You're that someone. ;) It starts off on a prisoner ship, and you're about to get your freedom again. The rest of the game is just building up your character, exploring, and stuff like that.

Bloodmoon (one of the expansions) is set on a frozen island serving as a colony, and werewolves are running around giving people problems. I think your character actually get bitten and becomes one (only at night).

As for Tribunal, I really don't know anything about it.

18. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    So is this just one Disk or are there three? 30 bucks is one helluva deal if so. And do you start over with a new character if you want to play bloodmoon or something?

When does this come out?

19. Jedi_Master201

May 5, 2001
    Comes out next week, I believe, and you DON'T have to start with a new character. You can transfer your character, along with all of your stats, items, weapons, armor, and money, over to the other two expansions.

Not sure how many disks, but I know it adds up to 80 hours of new gameplay, in addition to the 40+ hours from Morrowind.

To add to my summary post above, in Tribunal you journey to the capitol of Morrowind, to meet two god-kings.

20. portman_is_so_fine

Apr 28, 2002
    Is the X-box release next week, too?

And how far is everyone on their Morrowind characters? I haven't really gotten into it until this past week and I'm only on Level 2 Adventurer.

21. Jedi_Master201

May 5, 2001
    Actually, it's ONLY for Xbox, as far as I know.

22. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Ha, money too, eh? I have like 50k gold on my character right now, and hes only a level 25 or so... Fun game. I never beat the main quest, i just got stuck, and had no idea where to go, what to do, since the journal is a piece of crap in giving dates and what is recent and what is still going on and stuff.... So i just started a new character, Breton, and am level 6 already, with about 10 hours of play, or so. Im goin for all skills, but mainly magic. Since that save is on my xbox, do i still need to play on GOTY's original morrowind to transfer characters, or what?

23. portman_is_so_fine

Apr 28, 2002
    Is there any other way in getting money other than killing people and robbing their homes?

Are there no jobs you can do to get paid?

24. Jedi_Master201

May 5, 2001
    Plenty of jobs and quests. Plus, there's TONS of loot to be found in dungeons.

Bobbalot, you can transfer the character you have now.

25. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    I dont think that there are any jobs like desk jobs or anything in the game... YOu cant run for office to get paid... Walk along the roads. There will be people that want a guide to some city. Then theyll give you money. Or a nice little trinket. A nice little trinket you can use to kill people with and steal their money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.