main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Are you going to Celebration III?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by __KypDurron, Nov 17, 2002.

?

Are you going to Celebration III?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Hell Yeah, Wouldnt miss it for the world.

75.7%
  2. Maybe, depends on where it is.

18.9%
  3. No, cant find a ride.

2.7%
  4. Dont care.

2.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __KypDurron

__KypDurron Jedi Master star 2

Nov 7, 2002
  2. SithLord0770

SithLord0770 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2001
    I would not miss it, since I, like many others, had a blast at CELEBRATION II. :)
    I have a feeling that CELEBRATION III will be back here.
    They love us. :D

But then again, as Yoda said, "Always in motion is the future."

3. Periidot

Periidot Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2000
    Good question. I'd certainly like to.

I only hope that it isn't as big of a cluster**** as this last one was.

On the same token, I hope that I would still have as good a time as I did,
    [image=http://members.aol.com/bethany815//bethtrooper.jpg]
    and get to see something as good as (doubtfully better) than Yoda, digital projection, kicking butt, in a room full of fans as psyched as I was. I saw a lot, but only heard screams and whoops. Single most thrilling thing that happened to me all year, and made it all worth it.

4. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    I am hoping that C3 will be in Indy. I had a blast at C2. But, no matter where it is - I will be there.

5. TK-616

TK-616 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Yes, I will go, and when some random fan steps on my shoe or askes me a stupid random question, I will punch them, knock them unconcious and blame it on RON MITCHEL.

[image=http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/4fb2c218/bc/My+Folder/punch.jpg?bcYkUA.AjnpDz08H]

Ba$tard$

6. Qui-John

Qui-John Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 1999
    Well, hopefully it will be a case where they will have a better idea of what to expect if'n they decide to keep it at Indy. :) The lines were, admittedly, nearly intolerable at times. But it wasn't a facility problem, per se, as it was a planning problem. (Like, let's NOT have 25000 waiting in line at one dinky little concession stand, shall we?)

I would hope that WOTC and LFL would recognize a) that it's geographical location is perfect in Indy, b) you'll be hard pressed to come across a group like ours that can provide not only volunteers but organizational skills, as well, and c) that the CC *can* handle a lot of people if it's planned out properly. I just think they underestimated the power of the Force the last time, which is what led to the some of the C/Fs [ ;) @ Periidot] last May. These things can be ovecome and compensated for, knowing now what type of turnout can occur. That's the problem with moving it every time - you simply have no way to accurately prediect or measure turnout because you have no historical basis for those types of numbers.

Wow. That was a $25 answer to a $2 question... :)

7. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Scott, glad to see you made it back. The boards just haven't been as interesting with your absence. You bring such a warm glow to the forums. A sense of family and friendship. It makes me just want to run up and give you a big bear hug.

8. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    My wife and I will be there, for sure!

9. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    Yea, you know I'll be there. I will have to do some things differently this time. But yes with out a doubt.

10. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    List of Volunteers- 4 months
    Waiting on the schedule- 5 months
    Setting the schedule- 2 weeks
    Seeing it all come together......

Priceless

Waiting for CIII......

Intolerable

You would have to lock me up in kryptonic chains to keep me from CII, especially if the Indy Knights are involved.

11. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm there. Might even wear pants this time.

Might.

12. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Yes,

Please do us that favor JJ

13. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    I was going to reply to JediJeff but then I read his sig and realized he doesn't deserve a response...*runs* to check the hockey standings even though she knows Detroit is ahead of Chicago (because they always are!)

14. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I will attend Celebration III contingent on it's location. Any word or further hints as to whether or not Indy is seriously being considered?

As far as Celebration II was concerned I fully agree with Periiodot about the congestion (cluster****) ;) . As crazy as Friday was, it was definitely the best day to see more than the rest of the convention as Saturday and Sunday were nuts. I basically picked two things each day that I wanted to see or attend and spent half the day waiting in line for each of them. The whole autograph thing with Carrie Fisher was absolutely rediculous. People waited in line over 6 hours for her autograph. I spent two hours in line on Saturday for her autograph and gave up. As congested as it was I have to admit that I doubt that a larger facility would have solved the problems. They needed a lot better organization and planning in regards to lines and overall traffic. You didn't know what line was for which event. Next time, I hope that they will have it drawn out beforehand as to where each line for each event will be and stick to the plan. The guys in the 501st who volunteered had no clue half the time as they were given very little instruction and many a times it seemed like nobody wanted to take charge and make a definitive decision. Live and Learn I guess. Hopefully the Indy crew will have the opportunity to host Celebration again. Our group of Nashvilians thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and look forward to attending Celebration III if it is in Indy again. Overall the RCA dome was a great facility, it was beautiful weather, and a great group of STAR WARS fans. Plus, it was nice being back home in Indiana again. GO BOILERS!!! :D

15. BILYOUMAUL

BILYOUMAUL Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2001
    Like Skyla, it would be different for me this time.

16. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    I'm going to set up a booth in the hallway and sell autographs.

17. JediKitty

JediKitty Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 1999
    If it's here? Rampaging Imperials couldn't keep me away.

If it's close? (Chicago, Cincinnati, Nashville, St.Louis) Should circumstances permit (time and money),yes.

18. MAKHAVOK

MAKHAVOK Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2000
    I would love to be there. In fact I woul love to work at it this time. I would do anything to help but the hole thing together then help run a both or something. I loved C2 and can't wait for the next one to come.

Maul

19. DarthAcroyear

DarthAcroyear Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    It would be nice to make it to this one as I was unable to attend the last two but we shall see. My life tend to be far more complicated then one might guess.

20. Qui-John

Qui-John Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 1999
    Hmmm... I don't know if this new TFn story is wishful thinking on some Denver fan's part or if it has any merit to it, but I thought it was a great opportunity to dig up this old thread. :D

Thoughts, anyone...?

21. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Highly, highly doubtful that it will be in Denver again. The only reason it was the first time is because of the short planning notice by the Fan Club (at that time) which was located in Denver.

When they compare CI to CII, and if anyone else went to both like me, you will know that was absolutely no comparison to be made. Odds are definately in our favor, especially with Gen Con now being here.

Oh yeah, I will be there, no matter where it is at. I loved having it here, but half of the excitement of CI was actually driving out of town to go do something fun, instead of just driving downtown.

I'm fine either way.....

but they better have it here again!

22. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

May 30, 2002
    Intercourse the thought of it being in Denver. Indianapolis is the best central location in the country for it. They know that. We know that. If it isn't here, I'm going to harass JediJeff13 some more. Why?

Why not!

23. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    The guy who sent in that "update" is smokin' a bad batch bantha poodoo & pencil shavings. I don't know how reliable the info Ron mentioned 2 meetings ago, but none of those cities were in the same time zone as Denver.

My hopes were slightly dashed when the Indpls Convention Center Calendar finally rolled over into May 2005 and no C3 listed on the first May weekend, and even worse, the Mini Marathon has already staked a claim for that Thurs & Fri again. Of course, if C3 has the dome, sharing space won't be an issue. [face_devil]

24. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

May 30, 2002
    Intercourse the Mini-Marathon.

25. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I hope it's in San Diego! :cool: :p :D

But no matter where it is, I'll be there ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.