main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Are you going to Celebration III?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by __KypDurron, Nov 17, 2002.

?

Are you going to Celebration III?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Hell Yeah, Wouldnt miss it for the world.

75.7%
  2. Maybe, depends on where it is.

18.9%
  3. No, cant find a ride.

2.7%
  4. Dont care.

2.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    Well, if it is in Dego, I know of about 100 people who are going to stay with you!

:D

2. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Ummmm.....

Who says it has to be the first w/e in May? I believe CI spilled over into May because the Toys went on sale May 3rd and I wondered how all those poor souls would get thier toys while flying/driving across the country.

That guy must have been inhaling extra mile HIGH air to come up with that. :) Besides dey ain't no Indy Knights in Deenver.....

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    If it follows the precedent set by the last 5 movies, it's pretty much a given that the movie will come out either the second or third week of May, leaving two possibilities for a pre-release Celebration. Also, there's nothing listed in April either, so what say ye now meester nickpicker? :p

4. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Yeah, well there;s nothing on the calendar about the Dolts in the playoffs either but they have to keep the dates open, just on the off chance they play better than .500.

Also remember that it was on the center calendar waaaaaaaay before everything was "signed and sealed" last time. Then it was all over everywhere. Discretion is the better part of staying in LFL's good graces.

ppppthhhhhh

5. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I think C3 should be after EP3 is released. That way they (actors and what not) can talk about "everything" in the movie and nothing will be spoiled as we all will have already seen it. :)

6. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    "Highly, highly doubtful that it will be in Denver again. The only reason it was the first time is because of the short planning notice by the Fan Club (at that time) which was located in Denver."

That was exactly my first impression. Then I saw who the announcement was from. To put it nicely, I think that guy has been sniffing too many newly opened action figures. [face_laugh] I personally would take what he says with a grain of salt. Its funny that nobody else in the whole state of Colorado has come forward confirming what he announced ;)

Its gotta be Indy again (or Nashville, TN :D ). Besides what better place than Indiana to host CIII when Indiana Jones IV is supposed to be released the same year ;) However, if they have CIII any later in the month than the first weekend in May, it will begin conflicting with people coming into town for the Indy 500 timetrials. The earlier they have it the greater chance that the weather won't be agreeable. But look at the crap they went through in Denver. If that isn't about the worst weather conditions (besides freezing cold & snowing) you can have, I don't know what is.

7. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    However, if they have CIII any later in the month than the first weekend in May, it will begin conflicting with people coming into town for the Indy 500 timetrials

More the reason to have it in San Diego :D ;) :p :cool:

8. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    ummm, no. Don't think so. ;) I don't think San Diego is classified as , according to the criteria Sansweet listed as a "central location within driving distance to most of the country." Nice try though. :p

9. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    We could send him the Indy time trials then ... ;)

10. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    You know what would be refreshing- having someone argue why CIII should NOT be in their city!

What- can't I have sarchasm sprinkles on my cereal?

;)

11. Jades_Hand

Jades_Hand Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Let's see, I was dripping wet in Denver for the first one. I was completely overjoyed at the second one, so of course I will be at the third one - no matter where it is! (But Indy would be nice and convenient)

12. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

May 30, 2002
    Let's see, I was dripping wet in Denver for the first one.

Hold on a second, I'm using my powers of mental Photoshop on that image... :D

*wow*

Thank you, my day is much better now!

13. jordankarr

jordankarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    Heck Yeah I am going!!! I did not go to C2 so I am going to make up for it now!!! I regret not going to C2!!!

14. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

May 30, 2002
    Don't waste energy on regret. Focus on the now, and that anticipation of what is to come will carry you through until C3.

but yeah, C2 *was* really frickin' cool!!!

15. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    yeah, if it's in Indy

16. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

May 30, 2002
    I don't mind if it is elsewhere. I'd be disappointed, but I'll live.

I'm saving money for it now, so by April of '05 I should be financially ready for whatever silly stuff I want to buy. If it is in Indy, I'm still getting a room in the adjoining hotel, and my R2 will be there serving cocktails.

17. Hoot

Hoot Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Yeah, I'm goin'. Hopefully I'll be a little bit taller this time. ^.-

18. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    If it's in Indy then I'll definitely be coming back for it. If it's on the west coast then I can probably make it for at least one of the days.

Anywhere else and I'll have to see how my finances and school schedule shape up.

19. handsome_trooper

handsome_trooper Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2003
    hell i don't care if i have to sleep on the ground, woods, snow, rain or what ever i will not miss celebrationIII. why else would i have jioned the army. they teach you how to survive in any type of enviroment you can think of. i am so looking forward to it. i will be there with SkylaFett and also TK929. we will have the time of our life.

20. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I would have thought you'd joined the Army just to get away from Skyla! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.