main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are you gonna be at Mayfair on the opening day of EP.II?

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by PowerfulJedi, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PowerfulJedi

PowerfulJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2000
    I sure as hell will be. It's the best theater out there.

2. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I'm hoping to get in to the UltraMax screen of the West Town theater in Waukesha.

3. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    I'll be there! Mayfair is the closest to me anyway, but West Town sounds cool too! Wherever I can meet more people, that's where I'm gonna go.

MTFBWY!
    ~Twisty

4. PowerfulJedi

Jun 17, 2000
    Twisty,
    That's where I went for EP.1, it was just plain insanity and it was the best time of my life.

5. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    OK, wait a sec... Are you guys talking about the General Cinema theater in Mayfair Mall? I've been there, and I always thought that theater sucked. Am I missing something?

6. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Yup! The General Cinema at Mayfair Mall! I don't mind it, it's a little pricey, but it's still really cool. Plus, the SW games in the lobby are fun to pass the time with. ^_~ I was there when Mark Hamill was promoting his movie "Walking Across Egypt", it was crazy, but I met a lot of cool Star Wars fans there!

But I just don't know if I'll go...depends on if they have a midnight showing or not! If they don't, West Town here I come!

MTFBWY!
    ~Twisty

7. PowerfulJedi

Jun 17, 2000
    I always enjoying going into the better theatres where you can hace dinner and stuff even though I'm underage ;).

8. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Where in the world would I find a theater like that?

9. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Well, I've never been to the Premium theater at Mayfair, but they're gonna close it (Not bringing in enough $$$ I guess) so it doesn't matter. Like they'd ever show Ep II there anyway!

I've made my decision: If Mayfair won't be open for the midnight showing, then it's West Town.

Anyone got an idea if it'd open on a Friday or a Saturday? Skipping school for opening day is an option for me...

MTFBWY!
    ~Twisty

10. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I'm guessing that the premiere will be organized just like that of TPM: the film will start at the stroke of midnight on the morning of release day. That means you have to prepare for it the day before release day, technically. Or you can do it like I did and show up spontaneously 2 hours before showtime just because your car breaks down close to the theater. :)

11. PowerfulJedi

Jun 17, 2000
    Or it could be wednesday.

12. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Okay, I just talked with the manager at the Mayfair theater, and he says that the deluxe theater is STILL SHOWING MOVIES, but the restaurant portion is closed. So I guess the theater you go to for Ep. II depends largely on what features you favor: leather seats at Mayfair, or the biggest screen in Wisconsin at West Town.

13. Captain Page

Captain Page Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    If I can't get anywhere else, I'll be at Mayfair because of it's close proximity to my house. However, I saw Ep. I there and hated the theater. The popcorn was horrible, the sound was pathetic, and everything was too pricey. However, the seats WERE comfy and the games were cool. I'll probably go there to see the Ep. II trailers.

14. centhx101

centhx101 Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2000
    How can you not want to be at the ultra-screen in waukesha(Westown)?I live in Appleton and I'm planning on being there.That HUGE screen,THX sound,and great tasting popcorn is what you can expect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.