main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are you more interested in the conclusion of the PT or the NJO?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ParanoidAni-droid, Dec 4, 2002.

?

Are you more interested in the conclusion of the PT or the NJO?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. It's been a loooong time in the coming, I'm more interested in the conclusion of the PT ending.

33.3%
  2. I'm more anxious to see what Del Rey does with the end of the NJO.

56.5%
  3. I'm ambivalent.

6.5%
  4. I don't care anymore.

3.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
  2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Hm. That's a hard question. Let's say I'm ambivalent. I'm sure DelRey has something big for the end of NJO, but I still haven't lost my faith in Lucas.

3. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

Some things that need resolving:

PT- Sifo-Dyas, Mace Winu's demise, the rise of the Empire, the fate of Padme, Anakin's transormation into Vader, the demise of the Jedi Order, the unveiling of the Phantom Menace.

NJO- Next big death, the recovery of lost star systems, triumph over the Yuuzhan Vong, the fate of the Jedi Order, Kyp finally gets his cummupance. :D ;)

~PAd

4. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    So, this question can also be phrased:
      Are you more interested in seeing an Anakin fall or an Anakin rebirth?
    [face_mischief]

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm looking forward more to the NJO's end. The PT should be good, but Clone War novels will be published untill at least 04 that we know of. So, the NJO's finale is closer.

6. Caine

Caine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002

I'm interested in the NJO as a whole, but in terms of a single SW book, I'm probably looking forward to Shatterpoint the most.

7. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    NJO

But this should be locked, its pretty much saying movies or books.

Axl

8. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    I dont really think that the thread is asking if you like the books or the movies more, but rather which storyline is more interesting. Just because I voted for the NJO doesn't mean that I like the books better than the movies, it just means that I happen to be looking forward to that particular storylines conclusion more than the other.

9. Teebones

Teebones Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2000
    I find this somewhat shocking, but perhaps to be expect on the Lit board.

I voted for the PT, because it is a Star Wars movie. As good as the books are, only a handful has touched the very bottom of even TPM.

Star Wars books are a mere continuation of the story beign told in the movies, with characters that just aren't quite as good, storylines that just arent wuite as good the third, fourth, and fifth time used...

The Star Wars movie saga is the core to any other thing published under the title Star Wars.

People can make of the movies what they want, but even the movies at their worst moments (kisses becoming scars, and being in 'very souls') are better than any other Star Wars piece published.

They can continue to make more books, and the NJO won't be the end of the story, but Episode III is the end of the Star Wars movie saga, the end of the greatest movie franchise ever, and anything else in the EU pails in comparisson.

I'll read my EU up until May 05, then take a while off from it and just watch Epi III over and over again in theatres, then I will go back, feeling my time well spent. Just like I did with Episode II, and EPisode I.

There's plenty of NJO novels, and plenty of storyarcs to be done, but there's only one real Star Wars film left, and when the letters being to scroll, everyone, I think, will realize that. That feeling then is something that no book has ever recreated.

10. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

But this should be locked, its pretty much saying movies or books.

No it shouldn't and no it isn't. Now go to bed.

~PAd

11. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    The PT. Maybe it's because I haven't been following the NJO religiously, but come on, they're books. As much as I love the EU, I'd rather see what Lucas wants to add to the GFFA instead of what some authors want to add to it.

12. Kyp_

Kyp_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2002
    NJO.
    You know what's going to happen for most of the PT conclusion.
    But you don't know **** even about the next book coming out soon.

Watch your language.

13. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    You can't swear! Edit.

14. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I am more interested in the conclusion of the NJO, as we already basically know how the prequel trilogy ends.

15. vader_slayer

vader_slayer Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2002
    Yes we all know what happens Gatherer, at least as a big picture, but the smaller details such as Anakin's transformation, Mace's fate, Padme's fate, Jedi order's downfall and so forth. PT gets my vote.

16. Kyp_

Kyp_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2002
    Sorry about the usage of s...
    Can any of the mods edit it please? I just saw the thread, left y'day after that.

17. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I am gonna say the PT.
    Despite the fact we know what happens, we haven't a clue how it happens.

Besides Anakins descent into the Darkside is much interesting than anything NJO.

Only the Lit. Forum...........

18. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    I assume that when people say "PT" they are referring to both movies and EU ? Due to the limitations of time in the movies, only the biggest stuff can be covered. The little things that make up the whole picture of the era (such as Mara's origins, etc) will only be found in EU.

I didn't vote, mainly because i really want to see the Clone Wars unfold (as opposed to Episode 3) whilst at the same time (to possibly a lesser extent, but it will become a greater when the next book is published ;) ) i'm interested in seeing how the NJO will finish.

Teebones - People can make of the movies what they want, but even the movies at their worst moments (kisses becoming scars, and being in 'very souls') are better than any other Star Wars piece published.

Well... whilst i could agree if you were using a Barbara Hambly SW book (or *shudders* the Bounty Hunter Wars), i have to be honest : when that part was onscreen i had to check it wasn't some episode of Dawson's Creek :p

19. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I've waited most of my life for the PT...I wish it wasn't ending, but I'm excited to see it coming.

The NJO should have been over 4 books ago...The end can't come fast enough, but I really don't care that much for them to rush.

I'm more interested in the PT by far.

20. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

I assume that when people say "PT" they are referring to both movies and EU?

Those were my intentions for the thread, I hope everyone else understood this.

~PAd

21. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    That wasn't what I was thinking, but my answer would still be the same I think, just because I want to get the information to fill in the gaps from ep2 to 4...so far, the PT era EU stuff has not been very appealling to me, but with a new focus on the Clone Wars, I'm hoping for some good stories to arise.

22. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I'm really anxious to see Episode III and the material surrounding it. So I voted for the conclusion of the PT. I love the NJO and even more, I love that Luceno is writing the last novel, but I really want to see what George is going to do with Episode III. We know what will eventually happen after the prequels, but I want to see how it happens. I'll be looking forward to both conclusions. :)

23. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    I like the NJO, and I'm interested to see how it ends but...Episode III! It's the last SW movie ever...I can't wait!

24. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    I am pretty even about it. I want to see how the NJO will end but I also want Del Ray to get in detail about the Clone Wars.

25. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I chose NJO's conclusion since I already have a pretty good idea on how the PT is going to end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.