main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Are You More or Less Excited for the ST than the PT?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by UrbanJedi, Feb 6, 2015.

?

Are You More or Less Excited for the ST than the PT?

1. More Excited

112 vote(s)
    62.2%
  2. Less Excited

59 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. Don't Care

9 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanJedi

UrbanJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    Now that we can officially say that we will have a new Star Wars movie THIS YEAR!!! Are you more excited for these films than you were for the prequel trilogy when we were doing this countdown in 1999?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    ST because I have no idea what's going to happen it's a wide open story

Dak Oolron and Lando Swarm like this.
  3. LongHairedAussieGuy

LongHairedAussieGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2014
    More excited for the fact we will get the chance to see the original Big 3 again in the roles which made me love Star Wars

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I was way more excited back in 1999, but I was still kind of young then and my tastes were different. The Star Wars movies were the best thing ever to me back then. Nowadays, I'm definitely still a fan, but more because of nostalgia and habit than anything else. I don't think I'll ever be as excited for a move as I was for TPM.

Unless a Deadwood movie happens.

5. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    Let's just say 2015 will be the slowest year of my life.

6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I feel you, but dang, we are already a week into February. It is flying by for me. I have a lot to get done before Thanksgiving (Disneyland trip) and I am feeling like I am running out of time.

starocean90 likes this.
  7. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    Yes, I am more or less excited ;)

8. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    A million time less. It's exciting but waiting a few years for these movies is nothing compared to waiting decades for the prequels.

We'll see what it's like in November but this is nothing compared to ROTS which was the third movie never mind the frantic anticipation of TPM.

9. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

To each his own. TFA for me isn't the newest Star Wars movie in a decade, it is the sequel that I have waited since 1983 for.

10. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    The thing is you won't get that because it's not going to just be a sequel to the OT but the entire saga.

I hope you are prepared for that eventuality. Otherways you are going to be very disappointed that the story is based on all of the movies not just the first 3.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  11. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Toughie as I was really looking forward to TPM. But I think this time I'm more looking forward to the ST. We have no constraints on the ST so I have NO idea what to expect for the story or the characters, that's an exciting proposition I feel.

Dak Oolron and TheBBP like this.
  12. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

The OT is the sequels to the PT. TFA, Ep8 and Ep9 are the sequels to the OT. Lucas even used roman numerals to help folks understand that. TFA is the sequel that I have waited since 1983 for.

13. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    The ST will be a sequel to all 6 movies meaning that just as the PT informed the OT the 6 movies will inform the ST and it in turn if done in the same story form will rebound back onto the PT in terms of giving us greater insight into what has gone before. So just like the PT reshaped the story of the OT I expect the ST will do the same for the PT and in turn the OT again.

Andy Wylde and Darth Dookacas like this.
  14. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

What I am reading is that you take it as a slight to the PT when I say that TFA is a sequel to RotJ and that I have been waiting since 1983 for it, so you feel that you must come up with some sort of convoluted "PT Victim Card" to flash in response.

My excitement for this sequel to Return of the Jedi has absolutely ZERO bearing on the PT. The PT has it's place and time and I love it for what it does. However, I am VERY excited to see what has happened to Luke, Han and Leia and whatever possible offspring that they may have had even moreso than I was to see TPM (which I love btw).

There is no need for you to continue to try to twist things into PT vs OT debates.

15. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    Not at all. I am just telling people to prepare for it and to be disappointed IF they have some problem with the prequels.

Great so you will have no problem at all then. I wasn't singling you out as such but just stating what is going to happen.

That isn't my debate. My debate is as above all Star Wars.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I was so excited for ROTS but am ready to see the OT Big 3 on the big screen for the first time (for me).

TheBBP likes this.
  17. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    of course more excited because of master Luke Skywalker. ^:)^

Lando Swarm and TheBBP like this.
  18. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I was definitely more excited for TPM than TFA. We hadn't had *any* Star Wars for so long....

I'm excited for TFA, of course. But I'm still a little worried without Lucas involvement, honestly. And seeing new star wars tv nearly every week for years has taken away the crazy need for new Star Wars.

19. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would say I'm more excited. Mainly because in 1999, I wasn't really aware of a new SW trilogy until I saw a trailer for TPM. this was of course back in the early years of internet, and smartphones/social networks were still years away. Information like rumors were much more difficult to come by-and so I just went about my life, unknowing, other than any trailers I saw in theaters. I was also in my senior year of high school at the time, so that kept me quite busy (read: distracted) as well. Also, as was mentioned, we all had a general expectation of what will ultimately happen in the story. So the anticipation was a little less wild.

With the ST, there are three main things that make me more excited:
    1. I am older, and more into movies (and SW) than I was then.
    2. I was not expecting it-in fact I was much more expecting that SW was DONE, the "saga being complete." I was one of the biggest disbelievers of anymore SW movies. (So happy to be proven wrong...)
    3. There is no expectation for the story here. All our speculations could be spot on, or could be laughably wrong! And I'm fine with either. Literally-the sky is the limit as to where they could go! I love that!

FACE -- UNDERSCORE -- EXCITED!!

20. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Equally excited? Where's that option? ;)

I don't think it's possible for me to be more excited for a movie than I was for TPM.... this at least matches it though.

21. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    the same. so i didn't vote.

22. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm keeping my expectations in check...I'm excited but at the same time I refuse to imagine that ep 7 should be " a certain way" because I don't want to be let down like so many people were for phantom menace...

"These people that build it up in their minds like it’s going to be the second coming of, I don’t know what — they’re bound to be disappointed." mark hamill

all I want is just for the film to focus on the skywalker lineage...thats it...and i'm pretty sure that's going to happen...when the prequels came out I was more excited I think becuase I was younger...PM was so-so when i saw it but I absolutely loved Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith...i think the reason why I am not as excited is because it doesnt involve Anakin

23. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Less excited, because I'm 30 not 15; but more interested, because Luke not Anakin.

24. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I was really excited when TPM came out. I saw it in the theater, and I thought it was alright but didn't like the Jar Jar stuff and the robot army was kinda weak. It had moments, but I will say that I was a little disappointed. I was considerably less excited for AotC, and after I saw it, I think my lack of excitement was justified. Yoda fighting was cool, but it just seemed like a CGI war mess to me. RotS drew my interest, because I knew we would see Darth Vader again. I thought it was done well, and Ian McDiarmid owned the movie. RotS, in my opinion was the best of the PT. But the ST is different. Not only do we have the actors returning that we know and love, but the leadership in charge of making them is pretty strong, and the new cast is very promising. Plus we don't know a damn thing about anything, aside from some rumors and a few character names. I am looking forward to Episode VII more than any movie ever. It's going to get worse when we get the first "real" trailer... because you know they're going to knock it out of the park.

Darth Zannah likes this.
  25. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I voted for "More Excited", however, I'm not going in thinking that this movie is some "second coming" event. It's a movie, and I hope it's a great one, but it is still a movie :)

kip73 and thejeditraitor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.