main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Are You planning on camping out for Tickets/ Before the movie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    I'm not doing any camping. That's just too hardcore for me. I'll prob go in 2-3 hours early though and hopefully still get decent seats.

lol. I hope Triumph does another special for this.

The part at the end where Spock flips them off made me laugh so hard.

2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Back in TPM days, there were people camping for a few days ahead of the pre-sale availability (you had to buy the tickets in person 2 weeks before film release).

These days, camping is all but eliminated.

Even at my favorite theater - which is a family owned local chain (Muller Family Theatres - the largest theater screen in the State of MN - discounting true IMAX - 3 stories tall, 80 feet wide w/4K projector, they call it the Monster Screen ;)) - no lines for tickets - and they don't even do online pre-sales! I went there the other day to see the movie Sicario, and just picked up my Dec 17th 7pm Monster Screen tickets. Tickets went on Sale Monday night, I bought mine Weds at noon.

When it comes to the day of the film... I'll probably show up 1.5hrs early so I can get choice seats in the 600 seat auditorium.

Back when ROTS was released, they didn't have their Monster Screen yet, so they just sold ticket after ticket for midnight showings, and then showed it on as many screens as people bought tickets for, you weren't guaranteed a certain screen, so you had to show up at 8pm for choice seats for a midnight showing.

Since I have Monster Screen tickets, that's a specific screening, meaning less of a line wait. ;)

3. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    reserved seating is starting to catch on. but not everywhere yet.

4. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Not a fan of reserved seating. Just get me into the auditorium I want, I'll do the rest myself! ;)

B99 likes this.
  5. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

The 3D screening I'm going to on December 17 is reserved seating only. Crazy Cinemark.

6. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    I'll wait for a few days to see it in true IMAX for 3D. Not a big 3D fan though, so I didn't want my first experience with the Film to be in 3D.

7. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    you're an anarchist.

8. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    No, I just like getting good seats, and will show up early for a showing to do so.

Assigned seating is for those who care too little to show up on time, but want good seats anyway so always buy their tickets online a day ahead of time for any standard showing.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nah, no need to camp out this time. Plus, camping outside in the middle of December does not sound like a good time...especially with the last couple of winters we've had. :p

Hitchhiking-Ghost, Dak Oolron and B99 like this.
  10. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

El Nino is set to make its return here to SoCal in December... [face_worried]

11. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I love Star Wars, but camping out would cross the line into fanaticism.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  12. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    My local cinema allows you to book specific seats online. So there really is no reason to queue up ridiculously early. My seats for my various screenings are all booked. :)

Dak Oolron likes this.
  13. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Just got our reserve seating today, so no need to camp out in line. I live directly across the road from my VMax cinema, so we'll be having a few beers, then will walk across about 11.30.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  14. Acristofani

Acristofani Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2015
    Some of you didn't read my post thoroughly: I said camping is my favorite tradition! I'm not doing it to get good seats, but for the beautiful ritual, setting aside time and space to prepare for the event, bond with fellow fans, do various Star Wars related activities, etc.
    so again, I'm not interested in what would be convenient or easier or how "there's no need". There is plenty of need in my SOUL!
    So I'm looking for anyone who knows of theaters where people plan to camp at all. Last time, at ROTS,I camped at Century 21 in San Jose, CA THANKS!

15. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    hahaha. Blackwolf the Dragonmaster. hahahaha.
    That was hillarious. Often those late night show sketches are so lame, have not seen this before actually. Its funny as hell.

Btw. JunoSynth is a great profile name. I got a couple of Rolands myself.

JunoSynth likes this.
  16. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014

Hey thanks. Ive been using it ever since I bought my Juno 106 years ago.

Yeah "Triumph the Insult Comic Dog" has a lot of funny skits.You should check him out if you can.

Othini likes this.
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'll just get to the theater 2 hours before, (minimum) !

18. Dirty_Biggs

Dirty_Biggs Jedi Knight

Nov 6, 2014
    I quite happily paid for reserved seats for myself, my wife and two daughters for the middle of the row about 3/4 of the way up for a 6:40 IMAX screening on 12/18. I'm beyond excited that I already know where I'm sitting and can just roll up to the theater 15 minutes before showtime with my $1 box of candy from the pharmacy down the street and a bottled water. No waiting in any sort of line, followed by a nice giant screening of Ep 7. Perfection! :)

No shade on those who dig the whole line experience, but that is my nightmare... compounded by the uncertainty of getting a seat I want.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  19. KDC1972

KDC1972 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2005
    I work the 17th, will probably take off early to ensure I have PLENTY of time to get to the 7 PM show. I don't think I ever camped out for movie seats and I am thankful for reserved seating now.

I did camp out for concert tickets once, back in the 90's and spending the night on a sidewalk wasn't much fun.

I suppose there will be plenty of pre-movie fan fest type things going on at a lot of theaters, that should be a lot of fun.

20. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    LOL camp out?! That's hardcore, man lol. I'll probably wait until at least after Christmas to go see it lol. Probably near the end of December. Give it about a week and a half to two weeks for the rush to die down, i can't stand crowds.

21. Acristofani

Acristofani Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2015
    Man you guys and you're "I hate lines". You go see a film about rugged adventurers but want to watch like royalty--ha! I camped out in a tent with my wife for A WEEK for both episodes 1 and 3 and those were two of the most meaningful and delightful experiences of my life!

my kind of scum likes this.
  22. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I think camping out in a line has been replaced by camping out in front of your computer.

Dak Oolron and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i've never camped out for anything. i don't stand in long lines either. life's too short.

24. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

I've never seen this.

The hilarity is almost as intense as my second hand embarrassment.

25. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Along those lines, camping out could also be construed as a wonderful shared experience with fellow fans, on which you're missing out.

my kind of scum likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.