main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Are You planning on camping out for Tickets/ Before the movie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i understand that part but it's not for me. i can see how others would enjoy it though.

2. Good Blaster

Good Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2015
    As Evil Elf said camping isn't an issue this day and age. I'll be showing up a few hours early with friends to take in the excitement/get good seats. Come onnnnn December 17th!!

3. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

That's what Star Wars Celebration is for. :nttrooper:

4. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Eh, will see.

5. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I'll be honest. I'm going to miss camping out (did it overnight for each of the SEs and E1 and E2...) for the film. I've met some of the best friends of my life in Star Wars lines, believe it or not. It sounds stupid, but I had a fantastic time during each campout.

Now, though, everything here is reserved seating. I have my seats already and I'd look like an idiot (and be alone - ha) if I camped out.

6. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    You don't have reserved seating in theaters in America? I can't even imagine the chaos of everyone rushing to freely choose seats.

7. Robert Merrill

Robert Merrill Jedi Master star 2

Sep 23, 2014
    Reserved seating for me, but the experience of camping out with fellow SW fans and geeking out would be lots of fun.

8. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Yes I actuaIIy DO!

https://www.facebook.com/events/178892342449373/

9. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    We do in a few theaters here but its not common. The one here in Denver, CO by me has a very small screen so its not worth it for a movie that I really want to see. The seats are huge spacious recliners though and are really nice!

10. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    In my country, we've always had reserved seating, so that's really odd to me.

11. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    So did you get tickets before or after the crash?

12. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    I've already purchased my tickets here in Australia for December 17 at 1:15PM. I would really want to go with my mum and dad but it seems my mum would rather to go to a group break-up than go see this. Luckily, dad said that if she doesn't he will.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I camped out for tickets to all 3 prequels. Thanks to upgrades in technology I camped out on my sofa with my phone and IPad for TFA tickets and scored 7 showings.

nightangel likes this.
  14. magmd

magmd Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    We got tickets to one of the marathon showings, but thanks to technology--everything crashed. We did it old school and just drove to the theater in person.

And for the showings, I will be camping out for about 16 hours in a theater, in my seat, watching 1-6 to pass the time until we get to finally see 7. [face_dancing] Much better than sitting on the sidewalk like we did back in TPM times.

The good news, since we know 1-6 pretty well--plan bathroom breaks, food breaks, stretching breaks accordingly.

15. Jar Jar All The Way

Jar Jar All The Way Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2014
    I have my final that day so I will be getting out of class at 4:50 then driving straight there. My friend Michael said he'll get there before me. So a wait for 2 hours is nothing for this movie, probably really need it up and play magic while waiting haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I never camped out for tickets even when I was a lot more into Star Wars than I am now. Come to think of it, Fellowship of the Ring was the only time I ever couldn't get into a movie because it was sold out already.

17. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I plan to buy the tickets online and camp outside the cinema just for the fun of it. :D

JediRocks74 likes this.
  18. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Buying tickets early and especially camping out is completely idiotic to me. The same goes for buying all of those toys in a rush and doing the same for that. Has no one learned anything from TPM?

19. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Already got my ticket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.