main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Are You planning on camping out for Tickets/ Before the movie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Or are you just buying from Fandango, or just going early the day of the show and buying Tickets???

Adding Camping out for the movie itself to this thread.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Haven't had to go to the movie theatre to buy advance Star Wars Episode tickets since Attack of the Clones. Online purchasing, son! And if your theatre has reserved seating (which my AVX theatre does) you don't even have to wait out beforehand for a good seat! Technology, gotta love it.

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I'm not crazy.;)

TurboPGT likes this.
  4. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    no reserved seating where I live in the Washington DC Area USA. I am thinking about forming a line for charity.

CarboniteSolo likes this.
  5. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Unless some hot girl is there or they give away $100 or something a day

HELL NO

6. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    did any of you guys see Starwoids? I thought it was a great Documentary and made the whole camp out thing look fun! This is exactly what is wrong with the modern movie going experience there is no fun, no sense of Adventure....

how about Midnight Star Wars Toy event sales at Toys R Us do you guys do that? I did the Midnight Toy event for episode 3 at my local TOYS R US I braved the weather, pouring rain with a little over 100 other star wars fans, it was really fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    ... it's also a lot more indoors, convenient and warmer! I'll take that over human interaction any day!

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  8. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    I've never had a problem with getting tickets to a midnight showing. Hell, I walked into the Avengers 5 minutes before it started & was still able to get the seats I wanted.

Besides having to wait outside for about an hour to see TPM, I've never had a problem getting tickets for early screenings.

markdeez likes this.
  9. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Camping? For tickets? In December? In New England?
    [face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh]

10. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    again it is a sense of adventure, FUN that is why most of us do things like that!

to be honest my town is dead if you know what I mean, a sleepy little town I could probably show up 10 to 15 minutes before the midnight show opening night and get tickets, but just to be on the safe side I would get there an hour ahead to scope the place out see if there is a line and if not I would walk around, it is an out door mall Regale Cinemas and I-MAX It will probably be decorated for Christmas :D!!!

11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Good luck with that. Let us know how it goes.

As for standing in line for tickets... not with Fandango available. I will get there a couple or more hours early to ensure a good place in line to get a good seat though on opening night.

starocean90 likes this.
  12. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    where I live Star Wars is not a big deal, so I'll go first night no problem.:D

@plaidphoenix
    who would camp for tickets in the cold of December (not me)?

plaidphoenix likes this.
  13. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I'd die of exposure with the summer heat and humidity if I camped out, plus I doubt there will be much interest in Cairns. I had the cinema to myself (bar one other person) when I saw GotG. :)

starocean90 likes this.
  14. forzaskywalker

forzaskywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    i will do wut i must next winter.

15. forzaskywalker

forzaskywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    im a New Englander. for 7 tix, i just might.

16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I am actually not really camping out for charity I was joking:p

it gets pretty cold here in Washington DC as well.....

17. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    Apparently they don't even let you camp out at the Chinese Theatre here anymore.

18. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    They won't let you camp out at Downtown Disney at WDW, but you better believe I will be hitting the websites as soon as they go on sale

19. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I camped out overnight for each of the special editions and the prequels - more for the fun and camaraderie of it than anything else. With online ordering and preferred seating and such, I doubt camping out will be much of a thing this time around.

Plus, December is a whole lot colder than the May releases of the PT... (and I'm a lot older than I was in '99. Ha.)

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    I wouldn't recommend camping out for them. It may be for fun, but chances are all advanced and midnight screening tickets will sell out within minutes of their availability. Don't get sniped by online buyers.

21. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I'll probably wait until the second weekend it's out before I go. I never catch a movie the day it opens. Too crazy.

TurboPGT likes this.
  22. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Definitely Fandango. I'll try to find a theater that does reserved seating, but I also prefer sitting at the very end of the aisle, not in the center, so I don't think that'll be an issue regardless. As much as I love the idea and culture of the SW lines, I honestly just don't have that type of flexibility with my work schedule. :(

23. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Um wait, are you not able to easily find ways to socialize now that you have to rely on lining up to have FUN?

Now days it's so easy to find people/strangers out to socialize with, you certainly don't need that lining up methods like the old days!

24. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I'm thinking this movie will destroy ALL records, once the general public finds out this is Star Wars without George Lucas AND LUKE, LEIA, HAN and CHEWIE are back....look out Avatar, Star Wars is coming for you.

The numbers will be close with Avengers AOU. I know that's my personal opinion and not fact, but I have a good feeling about this.

Jedi Daniel and TheBBP like this.
  25. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    It is funny how the world has changed in such a short time.

Camping out was a big part of the Prequel build up in the States, but now it is just not necessary due to online bookings.

I believe there will be people doing it for "charity" - heard it someplace - but I think that kind of carry on is foolish.

TheBBP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.