main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Are You planning on camping out for Tickets/ Before the movie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    Really? Where do you live? I live in central Indiana. I went to all three prequels. I went to The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I went to The Dark Knight. I went to the Avengers. I went to the Dark Knight Rises. I went to Man of Steel. I went to a few other midnight showings and never had to wait longer than an hour to see those movies. Most were much less than an hour.

2. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Southern California about an hour or so away from Los Angeles. I could probably come like 20 minutes before the film started, I'd just get the worst seat in the house. It's a must that you come early and wait in line for midnight screenings of big films. Plus, me and my wife love to go.

3. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    Although, I do remember seeing The Two Towers and arriving only a few minutes early and having to sit in the front row... which blew something that would get me banned if I were to utter on here.

4. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    Who the hell camps out for movie tickets anymore?

5. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    I can guarantee that at all the multiplexes this will be showing on several screens. Even that stupid Avatar movie was showing at some theaters 24/7. Nevermind the midnight showing. It'll be showing the midnight before the midnight before the release. There's no need to camp out. But if you want to camp out in the middle of December, go ahead.

6. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I will definitely make snow angels in my tent! :)

7. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
  8. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

Speaking of wives, remember to plan your unborn children around the new release dates! :p

mratm23 likes this.
  9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    The theaters that I would probably choose to go see Star Wars at have been remodeled – and because of the remodel, (even with lesser new releases,) it is pretty much required to purchase the tickets in advance.

Because of the way The theater is remodeled, it has decreased the amount of seats in each theater room by about 30% – and so they now make you choose which seat you want to sit in before you enter, and youre assigned that seat. There's just no way that for a new release like Star Wars, that we would be able to just buy tickets on the spot at those theaters.

It makes it tough when trying to buy tickets to go with multiple friends. Unless you're willing to pay the $40-$60 upfront and buy everyone's ticket for them on the spot so that everyone can sit together, it just doesn't work that way.

So needless to say, it looks like I will be buying my tickets online in advance. And I'll probably be going either by myself, or with only one or two other people.

10. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Like I said I like to pick my own seat, I would hate if my regal did that, what if you don't want to sit next to some one? even when my theater is crowded there are always a few empty seats and the empty seats are always next to me I guess people don't want to sit next to the fat guy although in the past year I have lost over 100 pounds. or what if a really annoying person gets assigned to a seat next to you, you know some one who sits there texting the whole movie or actually lets there phone ring and then proceeds to talk on there phone, that actually happened to me it was really annoying. and people are always texting and there screens are so bright and annoying and distracting, and then there are the people that hold the Geneva convention if you know what I mean, talking through out....

or what if you get assigned the seats on the floor right next to the screen? then you are craning your neck up to see and it ruins your movie going experience, it ruins your night and or day.....

11. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

Just go to Tyson's. You can pick your own seat.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    but it still does not fix the problem of wanting to have a seat where the only person next to me is the person I am with and the seat on the other side is empty:cool: and I am not rich I am kind of low on funds all I can afford is a Matinee at my local Regal or my local $4.50 discount theater. it also doesn't guarantee me that some annoying person will sit next to me;)

like I said I like to walk into my theater and scope out a seat.

13. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I don't mind having to choose a seat when I buy my ticket. In fact, if I buy my ticket early enough, this can actually be great. But kind of like what you just said, I'm not necessarily a rich person – so if I'm going with a group of friends, it's not really feasible for me to be able to pay $40 or even as much as $60 to buy everyone's ticket upfront, just so that we can all sit together. I guess that's the only thing I don't like about the process.

I suppose another good thing about this choose your seat in advance process is that there's no worry about if you get to the movie as little as 5 to 10 minutes before the movie starts – if you have your ticket already, you know where you'll be sitting no matter when you get there. That's pretty cool.

I do however like the remodel itself, because apart from the ticket purchasing process, the new seats are basically recliner couches with small tables in between seats!

I can't complain about that!

… Unless I end up planning to see it in IMAX. Then all of this is moot...

14. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014

You can't even buy an extra seat or two next to just for Episode VII? Like, a one time thing.

15. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    not enough money do I have, in my best Yoda OSV syntax .....

I am part of the 47 percent that Romney talks about I am going pay check to pay check and am in debt I will be lucky if I can actually see the movie.

16. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    They should actually do a "old school" treatment with Episode VII just for opening night.

That is, don't allow for any advance tickets to be bought online - you can only buy a ticket at the theatre in advance or on the day.

Wouldn't that be just great?! You would have massive lines as if it was 1983 again!

17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    not a bad idea!

18. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Camp-out? I doubt it. I plan will see it the first or second weekend its out.

19. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Nah I don't go for stuff like that, besides my local theater does't get the movies until a little later but hey at least they charge 3-4 dollars a ticket. :D

20. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    No, because there's no point in really doing that. The tickets will be there and there are enough theaters and screens in multiplexes to go around. In 1980 and 83, I could understand doing that. Movies would sell out and only certain theaters carried films like the OT. Today is much different.

21. Orwick

Orwick Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2014
  22. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    I'm in the DC area! Well, an hour and a half away but it might be worth it

23. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    Fandango and arrive 2 hours early so I can sit in the back row with no one kicking my seat. There are so many fancy theaters in my city the really nice Regal downtown is never full. Now if they would just stop admitting people after the trailers start!

24. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    No camping out, but my wife and i will be there opening night. Hopefully at the earliest possible showing.

25. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Hell no. Camping in Chicago in December? The wind alone is cause enough to avoid doing that.
    Fortunately I have about 10 theaters within reasonable distance, so getting tickets won't be a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.