main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are you reading NJO books less

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nerak, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerak

Nerak Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    When I first read vector prime (first time read EU) It was great.

Then the dark tide book, even greater.

Then it started to ger pumpy when the two han book came out, agents of choas. The writer did a great job but I think del rey choised a bed direction. Balance point was alright

And then the two Anakin books came out, Edge of victory and the NJO was back on track

And Star by Star was good but it was to long and it was writen only to kill a mane charater.

NJO start to seem it was more of a franchice then a saga. Losing the star war feel.

Well, it has it's up and down.

I find my self going to the book store more often. Am I losing fath in the NJO?

Any thought

2. MasterDownUnder

MasterDownUnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    To tell you the truth, I'm only reading them less, because they aren't coming out as often as certainly I'd like! ;)

But, until they kill off someone like Luke or Han, I'll keep reading. Even if they do get stupid and 'unrealistic', I'll still buy the decent sounding novels just because of what they are, and who's in them.

I love Star Wars and the EU novels are a good way of keeping myself interested while we wait for Eps 2 & 3!

Incidentally, today is the 5th of May, and there's only 10 DAYS LEFT till the Premiere! WOO HOO!

Bring it on!

But, yeah, I'm reading them less. But only for the reason I stated above, not because they killed Anakin. Otherwise, everyone'd be boycotting them!

Still a good question!

3. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I've stopped reading already and I'm SO glad I did. I don't get upset as much as I used to and my life is stress free. :)

4. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    A two word answer: yes and no. Ok, that's actually a three word anser. But it deserves an explination. Yes, I'm reading them less only because of two things. First, I'm waiting for the next book to come out. And second, I'm currently, and oh so slowly, reading The Lord of the Rings. Normally I'd go back and reread early books in the series, but when I'm busy reading something else, I don't go back and reread. I did take a short break from LotR to read Rebel Dream, however.

No, I'm not reading them less. As I said was the first reason for yes, I'm waiting for each new book, and read it as soon as I can. There are some things I don't like about the series, but that's not going to stop me from finishing the series. Or from rereading it either.

5. Draethe

Draethe Jedi Master star 1

Apr 7, 2002
    I like the NJO I think the authors have done a good job and eagerly await each new book.

Star by Star was more like 2 main characters a bunch of secondary characters and an invasion of an important planet. Probably one of the most important books in the series.

6. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    And Star by Star was good but it was to long and it was writen only to kill a mane charater.

I would not be that quike to judge Mr. Dennings motives, I think he wrote that book like it was agreed to be written, a dark point, but still leaking with inspiration if you know where to look.

7. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Star by Star was about more than killing off Anakin. To claim such is to discredit the book.

8. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Star by Star was great. Jacen saved the day when even Jaina and Vergere thought it was hopeless and impossible, and Anakin died. What wasn?t to like? Well, besides the cliché ?Lets have Jaina flirt with the Dark Side, ?cause that?s so sexy and the fanboys will love it, and maybe the fanboys will forgive for killing Anakin if we give them a cool Dark Side babe to drool over.?

Anywho...

9. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    You said it, Gandolf!

10. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I've always found it ironic how so many fans are outraged over Anakin's death, yet many don't even include his origin story in their personal continuity.

11. mirax_T

mirax_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 1999
    i actually think they are continuing to improve, i really wasn't a big fan of VP or AoC but i absalutely was enthraled w/ SbS and aaron allston's new books. all in all, while they don't have the same carefree and fun feel as the 'original' sw books, i actually think that plot-wise they have vastly improved, becoming more consistant from book to book w/ out the random and hap-hazard feel of the bantam collection.

12. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I've got and read Vector Prime, Balance Point, and Rebirth.

Vector Prime was interesting, but I still miss Chewbacca, and it was a little hard to follow in places.

Balance Point is okay, because it deals with some pretty serious situations, although toward the end, it sort of lost the plot.

Rebirth is the best out of the three I own. It shows quite strongly what affect the Vong invasion is having on everyone's attitude to the Jedi, and kept me interested.

I've flicked through Rebel Dream in the bookshop today, and wasn't impressed with what I saw. It seems to me, that all the NJO books are for is killing off the main characters, and destroying everything we know and have come to love.

Give me the Batam Spectra books anyday.

13. DarthKyp99

DarthKyp99 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2001
    i havent read any of em since SBS because i guss im waiting for more to come out and ive been reading other things. that and try going to school full time and hold a part time job and see how much reading time you have

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.