main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Are you ready for some Fantasy Football?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dal--Intrepid, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey all!

I'm dropping in on the NC FanForce boards to invite anyone who is interested to take part in a fantasy football league this year. It's free, it's easy, and it's lots of fun (and it's on Yahoo)! Like most fantasy sports, the main thing you'll need to do is update your lineups each week. The draft will be an autopick draft, which means there is already a predetermined list of best available players at Yahoo, and they will put those players on teams in order based on our draft order. You do have the option to go into the predetermined list and re-order players to your preference, in case you do not agree with Yahoo's list. I figure the autopick draft is easiest, as getting a group of folks to agree on a live draft time would be pretty close to impossible.

If you're interested, here are the particulars -

Go to Yahoo! Fantasy Football and click on the Join a League link under Free Fantasy Football (not the bright orange button above it, which is the pay league)!!

Click Join a Custom League.

The ID# is 480835 and the Password is darthvader.

The name of the league is NC FanForce Fantasy Football and you'll be able to create a team from there.

Everyone is welcome and even if you've never played before, join in on the fun! It's easy, doesn't take much time, and is always entertaining! We would love to have you!

2. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    I'll tell ya now my fantasy about football...

To get paid like they do [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

3. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Cool. I'm signed up. This'll be my first time doing a fantasy league thing. Hopefully I'll figure it out before the end of the season. :)

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    It's not that difficult at all. Obviously if you watch football, it helps, but most of the really good players will be taken in the draft. Then it becomes a case of keeping your lineup updated and trying to make moves to pick up free agents at the right times, particularly bye weeks and when unknown guys start becoming stars.

As of now, we're at 7 teams, so we have room for 3 more before our league maxes out.

5. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Congratulations to Stacey and her Kaardspun Tigers who defeated Chris and his Duh Huh's in an all-Raleigh Fan Force Super Bowl in the NC Fan Force Fantasy Football League. Stacey and Chris had the two dominant teams of the league from the very start and never really looked back, winning the regular season handily and then battling through the playoffs to face off in the Super Bowl, a Kaardspun Tigers victory, 91-85. Thanks to all who participated and I hope everyone is up for it again next year!

Final Results based on playoffs:

1. League Champions - Kaardspun Tigers, Raleigh Fan Force
    2. Duh Huh's, Raleigh Fan Force
    3. Granville Boredoms, Independent
    4. Sith Spawn, Independent
    5. Horsemen, Greenville Fan Force
    6. Marauders, Rocky Mount Fan Force
    7. Apex Falcons, Independent
    8. KOBR@S, Rocky Mount Fan Force

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.