main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are you ready for some Fantasy Football?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey all!

I'm dropping in on the NC FanForce boards to invite anyone who is interested to take part in a fantasy football league this year. It's free, it's easy, and it's lots of fun (and it's on Yahoo)! Like most fantasy sports, the main thing you'll need to do is update your lineups each week. The draft will be an autopick draft, which means there is already a predetermined list of best available players at Yahoo, and they will put those players on teams in order based on our draft order. You do have the option to go into the predetermined list and re-order players to your preference, in case you do not agree with Yahoo's list. I figure the autopick draft is easiest, as getting a group of folks to agree on a live draft time would be pretty close to impossible.

If you're interested, here are the particulars -

Go to Yahoo! Fantasy Football and click on the Join a League link under Free Fantasy Football (not the bright orange button above it, which is the pay league)!!

Click Join a Custom League.

The ID# is 480835 and the Password is darthvader.

The name of the league is NC FanForce Fantasy Football and you'll be able to create a team from there.

Everyone is welcome and even if you've never played before, join in on the fun! It's easy, doesn't take much time, and is always entertaining! We would love to have you!

2. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Word, I'm in.

3. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I signed up. Get ready for a fight boys and girls!:cool: =D=

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Great! We have players from the G'ville, Rocky Mount, and Raleigh groups so far. Plus a few others that aren't necessarily in FF's, so if you have any friends you think would be interested, pass it on. We've also got a couple of first-timers, so they're pretty excited.

5. Psycho_Jedi

Jun 26, 2002
    How many teams are going to be in the league?

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I think it can be up to 20 in a free league, but don't quote me on that. This is the first time I've used Yahoo for fantasy football as my yearly pay league uses CBS Sportsline. I've sent out sort of a blanket invitation to a lot of folks and just figured I'd see who plays. I'll probably go ahead and close off new teams September 1st or 2nd and go ahead let the draft happen, which will be roughly a week before the first regular season game on the 8th.

7. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I went through the site rules (a novel concept I know) and we can have 10 teams in our league. So we have room for 3 more!

8. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Is there any word on getting one more team? Can one player have 2 teams? I can't wait until the draft and the beginning of the season

9. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I talked with a friend last night who says he wants to play and plans to get signed up this weekend. Then we'll be even in teams and I'll go ahead and get our draft done in time for the Thursday night game!

10. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
  11. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Congratulations to Stacey and her Kaardspun Tigers who defeated Chris and his Duh Huh's in an all-Raleigh Fan Force Super Bowl in the NC Fan Force Fantasy Football League. Stacey and Chris had the two dominant teams of the league from the very start and never really looked back, winning the regular season handily and then battling through the playoffs to face off in the Super Bowl, a Kaardspun Tigers victory, 91-85. Thanks to all who participated and I hope everyone is up for it again next year!

Final Results based on playoffs:

1. League Champions - Kaardspun Tigers, Raleigh Fan Force
    2. Duh Huh's, Raleigh Fan Force
    3. Granville Boredoms, Independent
    4. Sith Spawn, Independent
    5. Horsemen, Greenville Fan Force
    6. Marauders, Rocky Mount Fan Force
    7. Apex Falcons, Independent
    8. KOBR@S, Rocky Mount Fan Force

12. Psycho_Jedi

Jun 26, 2002
    Congratulations Stacey!! I thought that I might have a chance to win the Super Bowl but I guess you just had the better team this time. Good going!!

13. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Thanks to all for the congratulations and all of the great fun! Chris, this matchup came down to Chicago's defense vs Chicago's RB. I have been lucky enough to have the 2 best defenses and the best QB in the league. I am looking forward to playing again next year. In the meantime let's get serious about hockey!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.