Chic, IL Are You Ready For Some Paintball????

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Join the usual gang of military wannabes this October 14th as we venture across the state line to Blast Camp in Hobart, Indiana for our bi-annual paintball outing. Prices and meetup time coming soon.

I'm especially excited since I purchased my first marker and ready to test it out.

UPDATE!!!!!

The Date: October 14th
    The Place: Blast Camp in Hobart Indiana

Costs are:
    Bring your own equipment - $15
    Use rental equipment - $25

If you are Paypalling, the costs are as follows:
    Bring your own equipment - $17
    Use rental equipment - $27

Sorry, but PayPal tacks on some fees.

Paypal to paypal@chicagoforce.org.

Please include the following information.
    Player's CF JC name
    Player's real name
    Over-18 (Y/N)

We would prefer that you prepay if possible. Yes, you can pay on-site as well. The fees are the same.

Paint prices (You must use their paint)
    100 rounds.....$6.00
    200 rounds.....$11.00
    500 rounds.....$25.00
    1000 rounds....$45.00
    2000 rounds....$80.00

IMPORTANT
    If you are under 18 you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. No exceptions.

The CF waiver must signed as well as Blastcamps' waiver. Only those under 18 and their parent or guardian must sign the CF Waiver. Everyone must sign Blastcamp's. This can be done on-site.

MEETING INFO
    We will be meeting at Veteran's Square on the north side. We'll consolidate cars and drop the extra cars in front of DarthGoat's place. Parking is ample.

In order to get to the field on time the meeting time is 7:15am-7:30am. WE ROLL AT 7:30 SHARP!! Anyone that comes after that is on their own. We will not wait for you, so don't be late.

The address is below.

4867 N MILWAUKEE AVE
    CHICAGO, IL 60630
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=4867+n+milwaukee+Ave&sll=41.969031,-87.761621&sspn=0.017773,0.055575&ie=UTF8&z=14&om=1

This location is right off the Jefferson Park Blue Line and Metra stops. It is also very close to the highway. If you have questions about getting there or general questions PM me asap.

Blastcamp's address is:
    550 W County Road 600 N
    Hobart, IN 46342

Google maps linkage:

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=550+W+County+Road+600+N,+Hobart,+IN+46342&ie=UTF8&ll=41.524307,-87.172962&spn=0.029881,0.085831&om=0
  2. Hazmatt Jedi Padawan

star 4
  3. Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    yes yes do tell.

I should be able to attend haven't missed one yet.
  4. JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I purchased a Tippman A-6 with a cyclone feeder. Did my research and had recommendations from my friends about how reliable Tippmans are. For the gun, tank, and mask, I spent about 200.
  5. Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    nice well I figure that if someone buys a new one or thier first good chance it will be a tippman.
  6. DrJawa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    This is outstanding, I'm already counting down the weeks and days........
  7. darthgoat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    SITHY? WHERE ARE YOU???????

You better go college boy!
  8. Fett402 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

I might be busy......
  9. Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    gee.....a Saturday....
    I'm busy...
    what a shock!:oops:
  10. flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling

star 2
  11. shwanzi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Crud... I'd go but I'm Best Man in a friend's wedding on that day. Think I should ditch? [face_whistling]
  12. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    that would probably make you the un-best man
  13. Hazmatt Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ...but it would make you the Best Paintballer. Your call.
  14. darthgoat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Same rendezvous point as last time?

BTW-There will be a very special guest at this paintball event.
  15. Hazmatt Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Works for me. There was enough room to congregate and goodies were close.

Dude, I was there last time, too.
  16. darthgoat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Even more specialer than you.
  17. Fett402 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'm not sure if I'll be there...so there's no point in getting everyone's hopes up!
  18. JediJeff13 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Shoot JediJeff. Big deal.
  19. DrJawa Jedi Youngling

star 3
  20. Hazmatt Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sage advice, for everyone attending.
  21. darthgoat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Excellent question.

Well Jedi? Any details?
  22. QuicksilverG4 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey everyone! While I can't speak for Sithy, I wouldn't miss the chance to get even with Goat (after what he did to me on camera in Spring '05) for the world. ;)

I had a few questions and comments: first of all, I hope we have a great turnout this Fall . . . due to school, I had to miss this Spring's game and have been getting progressively more and more impatient for October to get here. With that said, I have a couple of questions and comments:

1) What's the policy on invitations? Is anyone actively inviting new people to join us?

2) Does anyone have any equipment to sell? Personally, I'm looking for a barrel squeegee, a barrel plug, one or two 20oz Co2 tanks, and one of those backpack-ish harnesses that the QCJO guys have to keep my tank neatly tucked out of the way. About the harness: I can't seem to find a backpack model anywhere... if any of the QCJO guys are reading this, could you kindly point me in the right direction?

I also have a few odds and ends that I want to get rid of: a Tippmann A5 single trigger, a 4+1 harness that goes around your waist, a SystemX barrel cover (assuming I can get a plug), a Pure Energy 12oz Co2 tank that's in perfect condition, and a 47 cubic inch, 3000 psi N2 tank (made by 3A Paintball) that's also in perfect condition.

3) While I wasn't at the first two paintball outings, by personal experience (and the old pictures on the site), I can definitely see a trend: we, and our equipment, have been getting progressively better and better. I think it'd be interesting to see how much the relative difficulty has gone up since the first year's outing.

Hopefully someone else wants to talk shop here too, because I'd be very interested in hearing what you guys have done upgrade-wise since Spring '05. Here's a couple of questions to (hopefully) stimulate some discussion while we wait for October to come around:

1. Which changes in equipment have worked well for you, and which haven't?
    Can you recommend anything in general that all players should look into?

2. Have you ever been surprised by how well (or poorly) something you (or someone
    else) bought worked?

3. Do you find highly upgraded guns daunting, and if so, what components do you
    particularly fear?

4. Can you name who, in your opinion, are the best couple of players (ie, the
    people that you don't want on the other team)? and if so, try naming a
    reason or two why you think the way that you do.

Since I came up with the questions, I'll go first:

(Answer to #1): First of all, I bought my first set of equipment just before the Spring '05 outing, and wound up being somewhat dissatisfied. While my slightly-upgraded A5 performed beautifully, I couldn't see through my 30mm red-dot sight with my helmet on, so this year I've raised the sight with a 3-way Picatinny rail, and bought a hopper offset. I also broke down and bought a double-trigger kit for $10 on eBay, and after playing with it at home for a few minutes, I can't believe that Tippmann ships the A5 without one. Finally, after trying out my expensive N2 tank, I really couldn't tell a difference between it and a normal Co2 tank, and I had a hard time running around without a backpack harness. Perhaps I don't fire often enough to need N2--but regardless, I'm looking to go with a pair of Co2 tanks (as I previously mentioned) instead.

(Answer to #2): Not really, although I suppose I could nitpick and say that those QC guys' response triggers aren't as deadly as they look (and sound). They do serve as an effective deterrent, so perhaps I'm wrong in my criticism. It'd be interesting to hear what other people think on this one.

(Answer to #3): Well, a response trigger is probably the only thing that instantly qualifies you as someone that I need to look out for, and to be honest, the only other thing that makes me think twice is an extremely long barrel. You can
  23. darthgoat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Bryan,

You and Sithy tend to go with the quick stealthy approach as opposed to our more methodical brute force method. You guys add an element that cannot be predicted and makes the games pretty exciting. It'll be good to have you guys at this one.

One thing I've learned about sights and scopes on paintball guns is they are just for looks. Due to the goggles, they are rendered completely useless. As awesome as a red dot or FOT sight maybe on a real firearm, on a paintball gun it is just a decoration.

As far as invitations, bring who you want! New people are always welcome at this event.

I haven't gone much this year so I haven't upgraded anything. The newest addition is a radio but other than that I've got the same set of gear as spring.

You are right though, we've come a long way since '04 when everyone was out there with just rental guns. As far as upgrades go the biggest performance improvement will be in the barrel you use. That is the main factor in determining how accurate your marker is.

I guess my question is what are you finding is not operating up to your expectations?

24. DrJawa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Is it still going to be $25 for us renting gear and can we pre-pay through PayPal?
  25. Brickout Jedi Youngling

As far as upgrades go...this is what I've added to my A5 since I got it in early '05.

Marker:
    Tippmann A-5
    Tippmann E-grip
    JCS dual trigger
    JCS RVA
    Tippmann Flatline barrel
    Lapco 12" bigshot barrel
    Lapco Mil spec hand grip
    Hogue handall grip
    Leapers 3 position CAR stock
    NcStar DP130 Red Dot Sight

Air system:
    Dye Throttle 68ci / 4500 PSI HPA tank
    ACI Coiled Remote w/ Slide Check

Misc. gear:
    Specops Custom Broadsword vest
    Camelbak ThermoBak Omega - Black
    ixradio XTM85R throat microphone
    Motorola P1225LS UHF Radio

The latest purchase was some DYE Locklid pods. Not sure if I like them yet.

By far the best purchase I've made is the E-grip with the JCS dual trigger. The JCS brand trigger makes all the difference because you can adjust the travel & sensitivity of the trigger.

The most pointless purchase was the red dot sight. Like Goat said, sights & scopes are pointless and are there for decoration. I got it because I like how it makes my gun look.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.