main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Are You Ready For Some Paintball????

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    You can't hit him cuz you can't find his black @ss! :D

2. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    I'm guessing that will be the case. I've asked the council to chime in on this so we can get the ball rolling. I know you guys and gals are really excited about this one.

3. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    So far, we're going to use the same meeting place at the Dunkin Donuts in Jefferson Park or Goat's house to carpool. I, myself, only have my 2 door Accord so if anyone is Peaches' size or smaller, I have room for 2. And I will be bringing the usual cooler of drinks.

For newcomers, you must buy the paint at Blastcamp. Smartest thing to do is split a case of 2000 with someone. Unless you're trigger happy, you won't really go through more than 1000 rounds. With all the gun trouble I had last year, I only used 500 or so. Also, there's nothing, and I repeat, NOTHING around Blastcamp to get something quick to eat. We usually hit the Subway after we exit the Interstate at Hobart. Otherwise, make some sammiches and save the money for paint.

Hopefully I'll have more info later in the week.

4. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    The Date: October 14th
    The Place: Blast Camp in Hobart Indiana

Costs are:
    Bring your own equipment - $15
    Use rental equipment - $25

If you are Paypalling, the costs are as follows:
    Bring your own equipment - $17
    Use rental equipment - $27

Sorry, but PayPal tacks on some fees.

Paypal to paypal@chicagoforce.org.

Please include the following information.
    Player's CF JC name
    Player's real name
    Over-18 (Y/N)

We would prefer that you prepay if possible. Yes, you can pay on-site as well. The fees are the same.

Paint prices
    100 rounds.....$6.00
    200 rounds.....$11.00
    500 rounds.....$25.00
    1000 rounds....$45.00
    2000 rounds....$80.00

IMPORTANT
    If you are under 18 you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. No exceptions.

The CF waiver must signed as well as Blastcamps' waiver. Only those under 18 and their parent or guardian must sign the CF Waiver. Everyone must sign Blastcamp's. This can be done on-site.

MEETING INFO
    We will be meeting at Veteran's Square on the north side. We'll consolidate cars and drop the extra cars in front of DarthGoat's place. Parking is ample.

In order to get to the field on time the meeting time is 7:15am-7:30am. We roll at 7:30am sharp. Anyone that comes after that is on their own. We will not wait for you, so don't be late.

The address is below.

4867 N MILWAUKEE AVE
    CHICAGO, IL 60630

This location is right off the Jefferson Park Blue Line and Metra stops. It is also very close to the highway. If you have questions about getting there or general questions PM me asap.

Blastcamp's address is:
    550 W County Road 600 N
    Hobart, IN 46342

[image=http://www.absynthium.org/wow/map1.jpg]

Google maps linkage:

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=550+W+County+Road+600+N,+Hobart,+IN+46342&ie=UTF8&ll=41.524307,-87.172962&spn=0.029881,0.085831&om=0

5. DrJawa

DrJawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Thanks Haz!!!

6. janusareous

janusareous Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2006
    Can I be the special guest this time?
    I'm already the token black guy:)

7. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    There might be some street closing issues around my place.

I'll keep you guys updated.

8. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Yeah, right, like there's street closings in Chicago.

9. Brickout

Brickout Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    You know I'm in!

10. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    I will be there and hopefully with the new lady in my life. Even though she's in training to be a police officer, she doesn't want to get hurt? Eh, I'll work my mojo in convincing her.

11. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    I am in too.

12. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    The stars have aligned. It looks like I will be able to make it!

13. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Hey everyone! I realized that I haven't been down since the Christmas party. Yikes. It's been a busy summer though, and I have stories to tell.

Anyhow, there is a decent chance that I can make it. I also just realized that the garbage bag with my clothes from last fall's paintball is still in my trunk. I'll pay cash on site if I can make it.

14. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    It will be good to see both you guys!

It has been a while.

15. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Problem with Sithy, you don't see him on the field until you're hit. Then he scurries underground again.

16. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I may be bringing some fresh junior high meat. Keagan has another buddy that wants to come.

17. QuicksilverG4

QuicksilverG4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2003
    Goat: the only thing that really didn't work well (besides the red dot sight) was my harness. It bounced around too much to be comfortable when I was jogging, and made it completely impossible to sprint. I'm trying to get around that by practicing running with full equipment, and have been sliding the last five feet into the target area that I described in my last post (which is a bit tricky with the tank). I still like my black outfit, but if I ever find a deal on those camo mock shirts, I might switch. It's too bad that nobody else lives in the Barrington area, because I'd be up for a pretty intense practice session next week. What about you--are you doing anything to get ready for the 14th? If you need someone to practice with, I ride by the Jefferson Park station on the train nearly every day.

Brickout: sorry, I can't remember what you look like (I should really be on here more). I know that there were only two or three people with radios in Spring '05--are there a lot of people using radios now, and if so, are they primarily using UHF or FRS?

Both of you guys: I definitely agree about scopes being useless on paintball guns. I think that scopes are meant to be used for extremely long range shots (200+ yards) where you have time to get settled in, wait for a target, and fire. I have to admit that you're right 95% of the time about red-dot sights as well, because very few people have the ability to aim a sight correctly, and even fewer can line up a shot fast enough to make them work in paintball. If you can hit a paintball helmet five out of ten times standing 40 yards away with no more than five seconds between shots, then that sight might be useful. Otherwise, practice until you can, or take it off your marker (IMHO).

18. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Right up Haz's alley, so to speak.

For about the 100th time, I'm planning on being there, provided more stupid s#it doesn't come up in the next two weeks. Rigth now, I'm waiting on my long-delayed UIC financial aid to arrive (stupid FAFSA mixup) so I can blow it all on paintball, hookers and speed...

... preferably on the same day.

-Le Penguin
    "That's the last time you put a knife in me!"

19. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    If your marker can shoot 200+ yards, I'll buy you beer for a year. In fact I think a Flatline can only clear about 120 and even then accuracy is going to be really spotty. ;)

Check out Dye's line of Balance gear. I won a Balance mock shirt at the latest Blast Camp big game. It has some padding around the chest, shoulder and upper back area while having an Under Armour like fabric everwhere else. Here's a link.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=EoHGqk_vQb3HoArzCQIGAkUmGqwDY5alWsk=?ProductID=anDAqArbi7gAAAD%2euPdwlSZT

I'm going to solely wear that, and black BDU pants with my gear at our PB session. Unless of course it is freezing out. I've found my BDU top to be in the way from time to time. Thus creating a distraction.

I don't know much about harnesses as I roll with a tactical vest. I get a little bounciness with the tank because well, the tank is frackin' heavy. I might move it higher up on my vest as it currently sits a little low. We'll see though.

I'm also considering two sets of gear. One will be my current load out, designed for firepower and intimidation. The second will be lightweight and built for speed and stealth. Drop the shroud on my gun and the vest for a lighter harness. Of course I'll have to add an E-Grip at some point for both sets. That way I can switch out depending on where I am needed most.

20. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    I plan on fixing up my marker and try to get replacement parts for there ones that were stolen this summer.

21. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    I've NEVER in my 30 years seen anyone with as many hardships as Peaches. NEVER.

22. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    this was at a field in Northern Wisconsin. Bunch of other people were ripped off too. We never found our stuff.

praying to the homework gods for no projects that weekend.

23. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    You are to CF what Angie Stone is to Celebrity Fit Club.

"Just be happy I didn't compare you to someone on Flavor of Love."

24. QuicksilverG4

QuicksilverG4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2003
    I really don't like Flatlines.

Not only are they as ugly as sin, shots out of a Flatline do travel more slowly through the air, despite what the fanboys out there keep saying.

Of course, I need to clarify that statement: paintballs do emerge from the Flatline barrel at full speed. However, they lose speed more rapidly than shots fired out of a rifled barrel due to their speedy backspin: it's that backspin that keeps them aloft long after they've lost the kinetic energy necessary to keep them in the air, but it also fights forward movement. If you're aiming at something a hundred feet away, the difference in velocity only amounts to a tenth of a second at the most, but after that, the slowing effect increases dramatically.

Furthermore, when you exchange spiral rotation for backspin, you exert a powerful, destabilizing effect on the paintball that decreases accuracy quite a bit. In my opinion, the kind of player that should consider the Flatline is someone who tends to be heavy on the trigger, and likes to stay far away from the fight where he or she can spray the field from a distance.

Goat, we'd probably need to increase our guns' settings to 400 FPS to fire a paintball 200 yards. ;) When I edited that earlier post, I deleted a sentence that went something like "Of course, paintballs can't travel that far . . ." If I had to conjecture, I'd say that the max effective range of our A5s at 280 fps is around 90-110 yards, depending on the length of the barrel.

25. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    LePeng, you can borrow my Automag and I'll front you some cash if you need. Since I plan on actually playing in a game this year, you need to be the skinny yin to my fat yang.

Fat Yang...wasn't he the villian in "Wheels on Meals"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.