Chic, IL Are You Ready For Some Paintball????

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh wow....now I AM bummed...a golden opportunity to shoot at Bosh...and I missed it..

:_|
  2. DrJawa Jedi Knight

star 3
    An absolutely outstanding time as always. I already can't wait to do it again in the spring!
  3. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I'm just glad that hornet nest was empty, you trigger-happy ****

-Le Penguin
    "I'm shippin' off to Boston!"
  4. EliteMacFreak Jedi Knight

star 1
    Figures.

I found a company on campus today that's selling fixed admission tickets to most paintball venues in Illinois and the surrounding states for $5-10 which includes marker/mask rental. Blast Camp is on the list, which makes for an interesting question: do you think that we should snap up 20-30 of these tickets for next Spring (there's no expiration date) or a second Fall game?
  5. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    It was great to finally be shot by the Haz, who took me out in the first round of the first game. Gratz...U campin' puke! Good "grab" Sithy.

The three events I'd fly back for (if I could) in order of priority are definitely:
    1. Paintball
    2. Con Party
    3. Karaoke
  6. shwanzi Jedi Knight

star 3
    While you all were doing that I was doing this...

[image=http://www.starwarspathways.com/images/gallery/Best%20Man%20and%20Maid%20of%20Honor.jpg]

The wedding wuz fun, but I really wanted to do the paintball thing since I've never participated in something like that before.
  7. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    Nothing beats a pretty lady on your arm. Ok, maybe paintball does but she could've came with.
  8. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow Schwanz'...your sister is hot...is she dating anyone at the moment?

Bosh

"If you will not turn to the Dark Side, then perhaps she will."
  9. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    When I saw that thing goin' down, I just ran. Sometimes there is no shame in running. This is especially true in the case of hornets nests.

I wasn't really surprised that Dave showed up. However, I was shocked that he showed up wearing pants!

In all honesty, I was very surprised! I did a huge double-take afer you first said hi to me, Dave. It was one of those, "Wait. Wah? I thought he...Texas...How...Oooooh, I get it now." things. I'm so glad you showed up. It really felt like a Chicago Force event! ...Even if you were wearing pants. :( (BTW, that "barrel grab" was the highlight of the day for me, Dave. :D I'm glad you could be a part of it. ...And I've just realized that "barrel grab" is an awfully awkward term.)

All in all, I had an awesome time as always! It seems like everyone else did, too!

And now is when we start bothering Haz for video and pictures (even though we all know that they probably won't be up before the Christmas party :p ).
  10. Brickout Jedi Knight

The question is, will they accept them for a private game? I'm sure they're ment for open play / walk on games.
  11. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
    Fun times as always. Glad the weather held out.
  12. EliteMacFreak Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good question. The guy specifically mentioned that the tickets were meant to be sold in large swaths (for corporate outings and the like), so I assume that they were meant for large private groups. He said that he might be on campus again today, so I'll ask him if I see him.
  13. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    Has anyone been to Challenge Park recently? If so, can I get impressions and opinions from you?
  14. shwanzi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Haha, very funny. She's the best friend of the bride who was visiting from California... and her boyfriend came too. She's a massage therapist... oh yeah, read that last part again... lol.
  15. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    I've never been but I'm willing to give it a go.
  16. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
    it is good. great fields such as armaggedon town and such. Brickout is the one to ask bout the place.
  17. Brickout Jedi Knight

It's been two years since I've been there, but from what I hear the fields are still the same...AWESOME! I've also heard that they have improved on the Ref's. But most of the complaints came from walk-on players, not private games. Another thing is that they have switched to Marblizer paint, this is one of the best paints on the market.

For some reason the site http://www.cpxsports.com/ is down at the moment. Prices will be about the same as Blastcamp but you get better paint and free air fills.
  18. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, dood. I have to admit, I formed all my opinions about it from my experience in their Aurora retail store, and I wasn't happy. I'll definately have to give the field a try.
  19. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    Stupid Question:
    Did anyone find a black BDU jacket?
    My father thinks he lost it on field.
  20. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    Must've got lost when we lost Ray after the Protect the President game.

Coincidence????
  21. TB604 Jedi Padawan

Greetings Programs - Finally found this joint.

I had a blast, let's go again - tomorrow!

22. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Wheres the video and pics!?!?
  23. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    Oddly enough, on my hard drive. Go figure.
  24. TB604 Jedi Padawan

25. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    Pics and vid are now on the CF website for your viewing pleasure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.