main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Are you ready for some Steelers Football!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Well, so late in the season and we haven't started a thread about teh amazing Steelers.

They're 5-1 right now. That's FIVE wins and just 1 loss.

This weekend they'll play New England. This will be a true test of our team as the "pats" are rolling along with 21 consecutive victories.

I'll just be happy if we even stay in the game. more so if we win, but I really hope they find a way to CRUSH the pats underfoot.

Favorite Steelers so far this year:
    -"Big" Ben Roethlisberger
    -Hines Ward (has been a fav for several years now)
    -Kimo Von Olhoefen...got his autograph earlier this year before the season started

(BTW, Terry and Zero I still have those autographs for you, just have to find them again)

Surprising Steelers:
    -Farrior
    -Plaxico Burres-wow who would have thought this guy can actually catch some balls!

-Sal

2. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Steelers = 5 - 1, eh?

I guess that's *okay*...

*cough cough*

Excuse me,
    Yours Truly

P.S. ;) :D

3. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Meril Hodge was on the DVE morning show this morning and he picks the Steelers to beat both New England and Philly.

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I want to see how Bellachek (sp?) designs his defensive gameplan for Big Ben. Watch for more man to man coverage and blitzing safties and/or corners, trying to confuse an inexperienced Rothlesburger to through the quick, short ball to an unopen reciever.

*Fluke thinks he knows what he is talking about, but not really.*

5. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Man, the Steeleras are on a roll lately. I don't want to jinx them or anything, but I can see some serious playoff chances. And who'd have thunk that Big Ben would be this good, this soon? This season looks very promising. Gives me hope.
    And yeah, 5-1 isn't that bad. But in two weeks, after we ground those high flying Eagles, our Pittsburgh Steelers will be a mighty, heafty 7-1. I mean, if the Cleav Brownies can nearly beat them, we I know we can get it done.

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I want to see how Bellachek (sp?) designs his defensive gameplan for Big Ben.

Easy. Ty Law, Eugene Wilson, and Tyrone Poole are gonna hammer your WR's. Bruschi, Johnson, and Vrabel are gonna hammer "Big Ben" from the corners. And Seymour and McGinnest are gonna blast through your O-line and torture your QB even more [face_devil].

Bellachek (sp?)

It's Belichick ;).

7. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Bah, the Eagles. Um, didn't we beat them in the pre-season??? BTW, who let that spy in here from Philly anyway? ha ha

Don't count out the Steelers that easily against New England. They are most assuredly NOT the same team they have been in the last few years.

There's much more offensive weapons and the "O" line is finally playing up to snuff. Doesn't hurt when you have a 4 time Rookie of the week Quarterback either...

Oh yeah it's "Belly" "Chick" as in belly dancer. but you folks up in NE will be bellyaching when the BLACK and GOLD are done with you! ha ha

8. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Need I say more?

9. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    wow. that game was just, wow.

10. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I didn't actually see the game, though I hear the Steelers dominated. So, that's cool.

But... oh, yeah... who's the only undefeated team left in the NFL this year?

Hmmm...

I can't quite remember...

Oh well,
    Yours Truly

P.S. ;) :p

11. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Dare I say that Rothlisberger could make the pro bowl in his first season?

12. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Brian, you did check your voice mail at home didn't you???

We vanquished the streaking Patties.

The high flying Eagles are now an endangered species!

Dan, at the least you know he's going to get Rookie of the week yet again.

WHOO-HOO!!!

This is the best start (6-1) for the Steelers since 1978, and I think we can all remember what happened at the end of that year!

13. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Sal... Sure did. Got this mysterious message from an unknown source leaving an ominous note about something or another involving birds... ;) :p

That'd be fun if both teams made it really far this year. I'll be rooting for them both.

Rah rah,
    Yours Truly

14. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    oh, man, i can't wait till next week! but yea, the Eagles are not half bad...but i still like the steelers better!

15. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    We all know that the Steelers have won 4 Super Bowls, but how many have the Eagles won? ;)

16. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Fluke... That means they're totally due. :D

Totally,
    Yours Truly

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I was hoping for an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl last year.

Maybe this year???

That would be awesome for PA! A win-win.

18. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Repeating my post from the Boston Rebels' Patriots thread:

Patriots got owned yesterday like I haven't seen them get owned in quite a while. Steelers deserved to win, though if the Patriots get healthy and the two teams meet again in the playoffs, I think there will be a reversal of fortune. [face_devil]

19. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    that's what you think.....Steelers rule!!!!!!!!!

20. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    GO STEELERS!!! I didn't have out my terrible towel or my shirt yesterday due to the holiday...but I was VERY excited to see the highlights yesterday!

21. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    What an awesome game! Kendrell Bell is expected to bget some playing time this week so hopefully that means he'll be back full time very soon!

22. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    STEELERS WIN!
    27-3 over the Eagles

Ah yeah!

The Eagles haven't just landed, they've been GROUNDED!

Do you realize this is the best start since 1978, the year we won the third Super bowl. Also, in the last two games we gain 428 yards rushing to only 28, YES that's right only 28 for TWO teams. Not just any two teams either but the formerly 21 straight undeated Patriots and the 7-0 Eagles. Those two wins this late in the season is also the first time a team has ever beaten two undeated teams win at least 6 wins each. They had 15 first downs before Philly even had ONE. Terrell Owens was completely shut down. Dang impressive!

On top of all of that, this is Big Ben's 6 straight win as a starter, tieing an NFL record held by a former Steeler. And this also continues his own winning streak to 18 going from college to the pros.

The only drive that the Eagles started moving the ball with Owens, Farrior nabbed an interception and almost scored.

I'm not going to say it so I don't jinx anything but I think you know what I mean...January is looking might nice right now...

-Sal

23. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

That's unfortunate it was such an obliteration. I haven't actually seen any games this year, but I was told prior that although the Eagles had been doing well, they weren't looking so grand in general.

Alas...

Was hoping for a closer game,
    Yours Truly

24. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    What a Win!!!! Now the Steelers have gone from hunting the hunted to being the hunted! With the way the Steelers are playing,There is only one team that can stop them... THEMSELVES! I think January is going to be mighty warm around here!

25. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    i wish i had seen it!!! i had to work...however, we must knock on wood, with all this january talk or we will jinx it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.