main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are you satisfied with the prequels?

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by DARTHMAULDER, Nov 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHMAULDER

DARTHMAULDER Jedi Master star 1

Nov 16, 2000
    Being a 2nd Generation Star Wars fan, I'd say that I LOVE what GL has done with the series so far.

But as you all now, most fans are disappointed at the new trilogy (esp. The Phantom Menace). I don't know, do you think the Prequels really suck?

2. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Not that much. I liked the prequels...and I have to admit that TPM's simplicity made it possible to be more of a classic that AoTC.

The Prequels just didnt have a Harrison Ford. Plain and simple.

3. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    What about Jarjar?! :)

I'm also wondering why everybody hated JarJar. I think he did his role just fine. He's really supposed to be a very annoying creature right?

4. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    I've been a follower of the saga since before the Special Edition releases, but I really got into it when the SE came out. That being said, I have equal love for both the prequels and the Classic Trilogy.

As for being satisfied with the prequels, aside from little technical things which could do with improvement, I must say that I am reasonably satisfied with the prequels. I know some people think the storyline is stupid or the prequels are just a waste of time, but it's shaping up to be a very good trilogy, and it's an integral part of the saga and I'm satisfied with how GL handled the plot.

As for Jar Jar, I don't hate him, I don't love him either. He's there, and I've accepted that. Besides, he provides comic relief. ;)

And I agree with StompboxX, there is no Harrison Ford in the prequels. Heheh. Although Ewan's performance was great in AOTC. :)

5. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Unfortunately, he can't wisecrack as well as Ford did.

Maybe if you give Ewan a dozen shots of heroin. :D

(insert Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life" here, with a running Ewan McGregor on the side)

6. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    Some guy posted a really good thread about the "magic" in the Prequels. It's an inspiring one...

"A New Magic"

7. Anakiningining

Anakiningining Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    Incidentally, i am very satisfied with the prequels.

being a Star Wars fan ever since "A New Hope" came out back in '77, i've always looked at the series as a whole big story, taking all the three classic episodes and the Incomplete Prequel trilogy as part of the grand "saga" and not choosing one movie over another, although, i am dissapointed that George Lucas decided to limit himself to a 6-part saga, as opposed to his original 9 episode ideas, i'm still thankful that The Man, the Flanneled One, George decided to make the prequels in my lifetime and me still being "young" (hehehe) enough to appreciate it to its fullest extent.

Every single piece of the story fits into its own place, the Force, the twins, the Oedipus Complex, incest, gay subtext, Droids, strange hair, jar jar in regal attire making galaxy altering decisions and, of course, the whining, the incessant whining, Its all a part of the Star Wars Universe we have come to love.

8. 1ringwd4s

1ringwd4s Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2002
    i have no problem with jarjar. the only thing im looking for the prequels are space dog fights (ala battle of endor). hopefully meron sa episode3.

9. trust_jedi_owk1

trust_jedi_owk1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2002
    Hey, everyone.
    I'd say i was satisfied with the prequels. though they don't get the same field as the OT, but that's ok. we finally get to see the jedi at their prime and how anakin turned over to the dark side.

it's a treat for those who haven't seen the OT, plus the special effects is awesome.

though, i still think some credit should go to us flips. (is it just me or do i hear some tagalog dialect throughout all of the movies?)

may the force be with you all. stay strong. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.