main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are you sick of the Core Worlds?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I admit, I am.

I don't think that they are representative of the Star Wars I know. That is of the free, wild, and untamed Outer Rim territories or the planets that were newly settled along with filled with life.

Coruscant has, in Star Wars, always represented the rot of the Old Republic or the evil of the Empire.

Should we really give a crap what happens to it?

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Nope.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are more unique planets in the Outer and Mid rims than in the Core area. I get kind of sick of the Corulags and Commenors, which don't have much to them geography or species-wise.

Speaking of which, why are there so many darned planets that begin with a C in the Core?

4. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Core worlds are all right. But I do prefer the wild frontier-like outer worlds, like Charlemagne describes it. There's more feel of adventure.

The core worlds are good for showing why the outer regions are so much more preferable and exciting. :p

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah, I'm definitely tired of them. "Oh no! Another enemy is going to try to attack Coruscant... again! It's the end of the world!" By now I think if you're still living there, you must be suicidal.

The movies showed us that Coruscant mostly ignored the concerns of the outer-rim planets, like Naboo and Tattoine, whether the Republic or Empire was in charge. I'd like to see the heroes show that they care about the "minor and outlying" worlds as well as the "significant" ones, at least the Jedi since all life should be important to them. Have Luke finally go back to Tattoine, and fix its problems once and for all.

6. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Here's the thing...I think the Core Worlds of which you speak are not representational of the "Core Worlds" of Lore.

Coruscant being the lone exception.

Places like Corellia are rogue independent bodies, who don't fit the "Core World" mystic, though the maps place them in the stellar region.

Personally, I'd love to see tales about Denon, Commenor, Corulag, Chandrila...places that the name if often dropped...but we never really visit.

so in a way...I'm tired of the core worlds...we frequent...I desperately want to see the others.

7. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Coruscant should not take such a huge center stage like it does in LOTF. The PT and the Bantam books, hell, even the NJO did the smart thing by making it being the base of opperations and jump-off point for adventures. But it should not be the focus like it is in LOTF, that just makes it over-used and doesn't make a crisis on Coruscant as dramatic as it otherwise would be.

8. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Star Wars is large. It contains multitudes.

9. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    There were a couple of video game missions set on Chandrila.

10. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    When have we ever seen enough of the Core Worlds to get sick of them?

11. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    That's one of the reasons why I liked the idea of the GA capital moving to Denon post-NJO, I was hoping we'd get to see some action in a brand new locale with less of an emphasis on the overdone Coruscant. But instead we get everyone back on a Coruscant that's already been mostly rebuilt a scant five years after the Vong turned it into Yuuzhan'tar. [face_tired]

12. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Not in the OT, that's for damn sure.

13. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    You mean like 3 movies focused on Coruscant?

A Corellian Trilogy and a 9 book series where large parts of the books are set on Corellia that's not on Coruscant?

Uhh...yeah, yeah I think we have.

14. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Well, then clearly we ought to be sick of the Rim, too, what with the oft-bemoaned focus on Tatooine, Yavin IV, and a few other select locales.

15. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Aren't you?

Tatooine is the next most overused locale.

16. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Yeah, for "the planet it's farthest from", Tatooine sure is popular.

17. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    If I were going to live anywhere in the GFFA, it would be Coruscant, without question.

That said, it could probably stand to be less of a focus than it has been.

However, Yavin IV is the most overused planet in the EU.

18. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    Maybe that's kind of the point, the irony.

Or it could just be "Ooo, Tatooine is where Luke and Anakin are from! Let's have some more important stuff happen there!"

19. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    To be fair, Tatooine isn't really the ass-end of nowhere. It sits on an important hyperlane junction; it's also been headquarters for some of the more powerful Hutts for a long time.

Charles: That's, uh, the point. So you're not sick of the Core; you're sick of [i]Coruscant[/i]. Big difference.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Thank the Force the Yuuzhan Vong came when they did! [face_dancing]

21. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    I was so happy to see that damn planet wiped clean.

22. StateOfLoveAndTrust

StateOfLoveAndTrust Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    Yeah, it's such a boring planet. It doesn't even act like a planet sometimes. All it does is sit there and orbit Yavin like a moon.

Stupid Yavin IV.

23. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I dunno, for me, I'd go insane living in a city with no privacy or trees.

Can you imagine the parking on Coruscant?

24. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I love new worlds and new alien species. We'll always have the core worlds but a further expansion into the unknown would be welcome.

25. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    No, I'm not.

Next Chuck thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.