main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Are you spoiler-free for Episode III?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TAUNTAUN_WE, Sep 11, 2003.

?

Are you spoiler-free for Episode III?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes

36.4%
  2. No

59.1%
  3. What's Episode III?

4.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAUNTAUN_WE

TAUNTAUN_WE Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 23, 2002
  2. TAUNTAUN_WE

TAUNTAUN_WE Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Personally, no. But just curious what the climate is here.

3. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Yes. I was causally spoiled for Ep I. I would read a few things in the Insider, check out stuff on sw.com. But stayed away from major stuff. Then I waiting in line for the midnight show, and someone in line says, "I can't believe they tell you Qui-Gon dies on the back of the soundtrack."
    I freaked. I didn't like beat up the guy or say anything, because the damage was done. I had bought the soundtrack when it came out, but I had not listened to it or read anything from it. I did look at the pics in the little insert.
    So Ep II comes along and I resolve really go spoiler free. I basically stop opening my Insider. I am ultra paranoid about casual comments. I warn people that I'm spoiler free, and ask they discuss it while I sit in the corner with my ears plugged. I watched the trailers, and that's about it. And you know what? I enjoyed the movie more. In general, I like Ep II much more than Ep I, but I didn't have that hurried feeling for Ep II that I did for Ep I. My first viewing was all, when are they going to get to Ota Gungan (sp?), when are they going to leave for Tatooine. Okay, we're at Tatooine, when are we going to leave for Corusant? When are we going to go back to Naboo? When do we see Wookiees? I know there's wookiees somewhere. When is Darth Maul really going to show up? Oo, there he is, there he is again! I was basically frantic to fill in the framework from what little I knew. It was tiring, and it took away some of the enjoyment from my first viewing.
    I realize a lot of people want the spoilers. If you want to find out every detail, that's fine. Feel free to discuss on the boards. Just remember to put in the Spoiler warnings please.

Basically, Star Wars is a movie, not a book, a comic, a soundtrack, or a bootleg DVD on a TV. I want to enjoy it as a movie.

4. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    SPOIL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I was spolield for I and II, so I might as well gor for III!!!

5. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, for Episode I, I was completely spoiler free. At that time, I did not have the Insider or the internet. However, for Episode II, I was completely spoiled, which, I really don't regret, but I think I probably would have been more surprised. So, I've decided to stay as spoiler-free as possible, which I think has been going well so far.
    Must keep up the will power!

6. Ortugg3

Ortugg3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2003
    No. I'm not spoiler free.

I don't look for the stuff but if I run across something online or in a magazine I don't let it ruin my day. :)

7. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    I'll be spoiled. Not thoroughly, but enough.

8. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    heck No! I hate spoilers But I like to look at the screen shots!

9. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Spoil me....spoil me.....spoil me....

I am a member of Hyperspace and check in on all the stuff I can...

I am one of those idiots who reads the last pages of a book...and then starts to read the book....

10. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Nothing major for me...I try to avoid them as much as possible. A few minor spoilers won't bother me. I mean, heck, we do sorta know how a lot of it turns out.

11. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Spoil Me, spoil me, spoil me...

12. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    I would like to be as spoiler free as can be, however we have an idea of what should happen, let us pray Lucas just doesnt screw it up. EP1 stunk, EP 2 almost stunk-thank God for the War at the end and the Kamino showdown. It just doesnt live up to the originals. I fear for EP 3.

13. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Nothing major for me...I try to avoid them as much as possible. A few minor spoilers won't bother me. I mean, heck, we do sorta know how a lot of it turns out

Same Here Scott.

I too found o-ut Qui-Gon died before seeing Episode I,I read it on those trading cards :(

14. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    Trying hard to remain spoiler free, but it ain't easy. Sometimes when I'm on rebelscum it is so hard to keep from highlighting spoiler stuff.

15. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Damn you, internet!!!!!!!

16. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    Damn those trading cards!

17. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Man, I'm not even going to re-watch Episode II just in case it hints towards something that's going to happen in Episode III.

18. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    I need some aromatherapy to help me to kill my need to look at the spoilers!

?It?s like a Koala beer carped a rainbow in my brain!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.