Are you spoiler free with the novels?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by lejmar_faldor_uk, Sep 27, 2001.

?

Are you spoiler free with the novels?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
Yes, spoilers ruins the book 17 vote(s) 31.5%
No (I know who Lukes Dad is!!!) 37 vote(s) 68.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lejmar_faldor_uk Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    It would have been nice to have more than 2 options, but I'll respond anyway. I generally want to learn about major plot twists in the novels, like Chewie's and Jimmy's deaths, but I want to remain unspoiled on plot points.
  3. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Gotta have my spoilers...
  4. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I like to know certain things, but not deaths - they just depress me.
  5. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I try not to know the whole plot of the book. And thats not hard to do, as it never really gets down to people like me (and most of the people here). But all the minor spoilers all the people in the know tease us with, sure.

"In Rebirth Lando has Nabooian tile!" Example.
  6. Freyja Jedi Master

star 4
    Why not read them? Once I get the book I always end up looking ahead some anyhow. I think it's genetic, my mother is the worst. She always ends up reading the end pretty early on.
  7. Bogga Jedi Master

star 4
    I have very little will power when it comes to spoilers and I read them for the prequels, other movies and these books. However, there are times when I can restrain myself and I've honestly not been coming to these forums since too much has been revealed about Star By Star. I'd rather not learn that stuff 2 months before the book's release. But that's rather hypocritical since I've been reading AotC spoilers since TPM was released.
  8. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    There were already AotC spoilers when TPM was released ? Wow... The insiders are really ahead of their time, no ? ;)
  9. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I've read my fair share of NJO spoilers.
  10. Freyja Jedi Master

star 4
    I stay away from movie spoilers now. I read them for TPM and it took away a lot of suspense. For the books that doesn't bother me. I am less tempted by the movie spoilers anyhow because I didn't really like TPM.
  11. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I dont pay attention to AtoC spoilers for the most part.
  12. stevo Jedi Master

star 4
    I decided to stop reading spoliers after I hear Anakin was going to die, which is not true! I hate death spoilers, and deaths too, When Chewie died I kinda just layed on my bed contimplating it.
  13. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    In less than four months, I will be going on a year-and-a-half break from all things SW and I spoil myself so I won't be too shocked. The first Simpsons I watched was Marge and Homer (are those their names?) walking out of Empire Strikes Back on a date and Homer says as they're walking past all the people waiting to see it for the first time, "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! Who would have thought that Darth Vader is Luke's Dad?!" Or my brother, who every time he comes to someone getting through the Harry Potter books, says, "Oh, gosh. You haven't gotten to where they kill Ron yet, have you?"
  14. Freyja Jedi Master

star 4
    What happens in four and a half months?
  15. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
  16. Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling

star 5
  17. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    What's the point? We're not even to episode 2 yet and already episode 6 is spoiled for me.
  18. LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Master

star 4
    I usually don't look at spoilers for anything, but then freakin' Jimmy had to come along! GrrrhhhhhHHHAAAAAHHHH!!!!!
  19. Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I consider knowing spoiler part of y job... being able to know the BS from the juice.
  20. AdmiralZaarin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I read about Thrawns death before I read TLC. But when I got to the actual bit in TLC, I screamed NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! under my breath. And I meant it.
    I just told myself 'Thrawn doesn't die ' so much I believed it.
  21. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Then you must have dropped your jaw in disbelief in the paragraph or so in SOTP where you think that Thrawn is alive. :)
  22. RogueJaina Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't live without spoilers.
  23. Arabwel Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well... I was in a chat with Mike Stackpole BEFORE I read onslaught and read the fact that Corran didn't get whacked... Still, when I was reading the book and the part where this was hinted to happen... I wailed and was shocked as Hell.

I like spoilers, and love reading a synopsis before the book in some cases. WHy? Because it takes vithin long for me to get a book! I am a starving student in a faraway country, in a little town... Se the problem?

With TPM I had read summaries and such before I saw it (Steptember 1999, two months after it came out in FInland) And I actually seriously considered reading the novellization two hours before seeing the movie!

I love spoilers.
    Hell, on my fave TV shows they've showed the first 3 and 1 seasons (Series and the spinoff) But I've still read transcripts up to Season 5 and 2 AND spoilers for the next seasons.

Can't help it. Too curious.

Ara
    (Isard-weannabe with a thirst for... spoilers)
  24. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I've chosen to be a missionary starting in January. I find out where I'll be going in mid-October. But we're not allowed internet access, movies, or any non-religious books. I'll be gone for a year and a half, so will be missing a lot of literature, Episode II, and the subsequent merchandising, but that's my choice. No matter how nuts all my friends say I am.
  25. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Spoil me! Spoil me! Oh, more! More! Faster, Faster! Spoooiiiilll meeeee!

[realizes people are watching, straightens clothing]

What?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.