Are you spoiler free with the novels?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by lejmar_faldor_uk, Sep 27, 2001.

?

Are you spoiler free with the novels?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
Yes, spoilers ruins the book 17 vote(s) 31.5%
No (I know who Lukes Dad is!!!) 37 vote(s) 68.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadue Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I prefer to remain spoiler-free for books, and will be majorly annoyed with people who do try to spoil me, but I realise that as part of duties here, it'll happen eventually.
  2. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    i have one of the worst habits. i can not help but to dive after each and every spoiler, yet i feel really let down once i hear them, because it means some less suprises for the book. I had no idea of Chewies death, as it predated my foruming, and the feeling i had reading those shocking pages was totally unreal. i hope to one day duplicate it.

I hope the SbS death will have the same shock value, but since nearly every character has been thrown up, and now with that damn Jimmy, i don't think the feeling will be the same.

it is, suprisingly enough, spoilt.
  3. Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Knight

star 3
    in Australia

need spoilers
  4. Arabwel Jedi Knight

star 2
    In Finland.

Need spoilers too.

Ara
    (Spoiler-seeker of the worst kind)
  5. JWK Jedi Master

star 4
    I want to know the basic spoilers not the major Major ones.
  6. Zyphyr Jedi Knight

star 3
    Resisting spoilers is probably the only temptation I am strong enough to fight against :)

A couple of times I've been a bad girl and read the final pages of the book when I'm only part of the way through, and it's always ruined the full experience, I've found.

The only upside to spoilers, I believe, is that if you are hit by a bus and killed before being able to read the book/see the movie/cross-stitch the sampler, you will at least know how it all ends up. But so far I haven't been hit by a bus. And I doubt that would be my first regret if that did happen. So I've found it's probably best to just enjoy the surprises as they come :) (Besides, I've made a friend promise to tell me how Ep's II and III end up even if she has to hold a megaphone over my grave or use a ouija board, just in case something horrible happens to me before then :D .)
  7. Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Before Vector Prime had been released, I was reading the then newest issue of Star Wars Insider, and had learned of Chewie's death before reading the book.

I immediately canceled my subscription, and wrote an angry letter to the magazine.

I'm serious when I say, "Spoilers suck."
  8. Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Knight

star 3
    Jimmy has been revealed to me

That's how much I need spoilers!
  9. Alderaan_ Jedi Master

star 4
    absolutely spoiled rotten. I knew Chewie died before I knew what NJO meant. I knew Mara was pregnant before I started reading VP. I already know the basic storyline of Rebel Dream.

SW.C has a lot of spoilers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.