main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are you willing to listen to me here? Please do.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jedi_Patter, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Patter

Jedi_Patter Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2005
    Its been a while since I've been here. I've been waiting to make this post for some time and I wish for you all to take me seriously so I am writing in proper English and not in my normal scots slang.

On christmas day I was welcomed onto these boards by LordFatBurt(sp?), he said I should be given a chance. Before I could reply I was banned for 4 weeks for using the letter "g" in a post or something, because lets face it, I get banned for any little thing. I have been reading the boards carefully during my exile and I'm never far from conversation. Just to clear up myself and Obi Wan Kenowlesy are 2 differnt people, I only have 2 usernames(this one and failed i have) whilst he has about 7. Yes we are best friends and the biggest star wars fans on the planet.

My reasoning behind this post however is not to cause offense or start arguements so please don't start flaming me. I was welcomed and I appreciated that and made me turn over a new leaf as far as these boards go. Being scottish and being a star wars fan, these boards are perfect for me and I would love to be able to integrtae myself in here. I will apologise for my actions in the last 2 or 3 months, I accept I have been a pain in the ars* and I have absolutly no plans to fanny around again, you will only recieve sensible posts from me.

However I was welcomed by only one guy. If I am truly hated around here then I feel guilty for my actions when I actually really like these boards. Please forgive me, and please welcome me to FF:UK.

2. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Well, I wouldn't mind seeing you post sensibly more often, and if you do then I think you would be truly welcome here. However, that sig might start flaring up tempers again :p

Welcome back.

3. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    Welcome back, i just hope you live up to the promise, which im sure you will :)

4. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Welcome back. I recommend you take the time to read the Rules and Announcements thread at the top of this board, as well as the Terms Of Service.

Just to clarify, your only reason for being banned as Jedi_Patter, was because you posted whilst you were banned as Failed_I_Have, and you are not allowed to post with an alternate login when banned.

As long as you stick to the rules, I'm sure you'll be more than welcome here.

5. Jedi_Patter

Jedi_Patter Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2005
    Cheers for the welcome guys.

6. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    welcome :D

you seem like a smart fella. looking forward to reading your new style posts.

7. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    We all have our moments from time to time and like many others around here I'm willing to forgive your past indiscretions, although there are times that I don't 100% agree with the T.O.S. I'm willing to abide by them.

Patter you and every other Star Wars fan is most welcome here, providing they have something valid and intelligent to say. I too look forward to reading something sensible from you.

8. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Everyone makes mistakes Patter, that includes me. I misjudged how my "joke" post would go down, so I messed up too. Shame it all went down the dunny after that.

But, everyone should get a second chance.

Good on you for your post :cool: :D
    Hoping that you can join in with the fun on here, be an active member (for the FFUK in general, and Scotland in particular), and if you check your PMs, I have a way to help the Scottish identity for your forum.

2006 should be a good year for the FFUK, even without new SW films on the horizon :D

9. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Welcome back.
    [:D]
    Forgive and forget I say.

10. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Especially after a few pints.

I :* u [face_batting] hic!

Err ... Maybe not :D

11. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Welcome back

I hope your visit is longer this time and provided the nose is kept clean it should be.

I would urge you to have chat with Kenowsley and let him know that as far as I'm concerned everyone is entitled to a second chance. He hasn't burned his bridges with me yet as we've not had chance to offer him the second chance as he starts with the abuse when useing his sock whereas at least you came in with an apology (Even though it did extend your ban which was unfortunate but to the letter of the TOS)

If Kenowsley does want to be a poster here I would recommend that when his ban ends (and not before lest his ban be extended) his first thread should be an apology like yours and I'm sure he'll be welcomed in.

We're all a forgiving bunch and feel the more posters we have the better the boards will be.

Just stick to the TOS. Phill (Jairen) is reasonably forgiving on th UK boards but due to recent rule changes/updates I think he's having to be a little more strict than he usually is (even then certain things have always been a no no).

Either way welcome back.

12. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Welcome back. Heres to a fresh start. =D=

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Welcome again
    Feel free to contribute whenever you wish to any threads

14. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    Spot the RSA wannabe! :p

15. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Takes a big man to say all that, so welcome back. :)

Hope to see you around more often. But if you return to your old ways we may have to let TK out of his cage. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.