main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Area Events

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Nov 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Alrighty now that we have our own area...let's start talking about what we each have (star wars related) going on in the Month ahead.

2. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    So are you guys going to be the Fan Force chapter?

3. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    I have a strong feeling it will be discussed at the regularly monthly meeting along with a ton of other issues. We're planning on a 2+ hour meeting, so I'd imagine we'll get a lot out on the table.

Keith

4. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    What do you mean "you guys"?
    If you are refering to the fact that some of the posters here are part of the MFC, that should come as no surprise since there is only one richmond fan club. However I don't get how you figure they are the fanforce chapter. I simply asked for star wars events in the area, ie. does anyone have any cool things they are doing related to star wars. Does no one have events outside of that club?

5. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    when's the meeting?

6. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Keith,...actually we were'nt planning on it to my knowledge :)

7. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Sticks, it's on the 16th, 5pm Chester Library.

8. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Well lets get it on the agenda then! :) Oh and as far as local events go...I'm thinking of doing a DVD screening at my place on the 15th or 22nd for those interested. More soon...

9. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    :-( i can't come both weekends...*cross fingers* that the game is at noon

10. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Just show for which ever interests you the most :)

The weekend of the 16th is thus far going to be the roleplaying game and meeting, possibly the breakfast on that Sunday....and if Keith chooses we'll have his DVD screening that Fri.

The 23rd thus far is the Costume get together.

BTW the MFC intro page is freaking out at the moment ... so if you need to get there use this link :

http://www.moisturefarmcoop.com/cgibin/mwf/thegonk.cgi

It's better to handle all the discussions for MFC things there instead of here anyways :) FF was cool enough to get Richmond hooked up :D

11. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    thanks jason :) i've already committed to the costuming meeting and i'm really excited about that.
    will an actual ff meeting take place at some point that's separate from the mfc? i know they're not one in the same and they won't be in the future...i'm just confused right now if there will be a ff meeting in the area :)

12. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    That I can't say...as for as 'I' know Richmond doesn't currently have a FanForce chatper, as far as physical meetings and such.

Doesn't mean ppl can't get together and start one though :)

13. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Since not all of us are MFC members, let's discuss having a fanforce meeting. I will go ahead and start a thread for talking about dates and times.

14. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Just to let everyone know there is a fan club called MFC in Richmond but it is not affiliated with fan force.
    Nor is this their announcement boards.

If Richmond would like to become the official chapter for fan force then it can start to schedule meetings to meet the requirements. :)
    You can learn more about how to become an official chapter in the welcome thread.
    Good luck guys!
    If you have any questions feel free to PM me. ;)

15. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    What do you mean "you guys"?

I was referring to the fact that the only other Richmond people I have seen posting here are members of Moisture Farm. I wasn't aware that there was anyone else here yet.

"If you are refering to the fact that some of the posters here are part of the MFC, that should come as no surprise since there is only one richmond fan club. However I don't get how you figure they are the fanforce chapter."

I didn't "figure that they are," or I wouldn't have asked if you *are planning* to become the Fan Force chapter. Which is why I posted ... to ask if you are planning to become the Fan Force chapter. Because that is what I had heard that you were planning to do.

Just curious.

16. Inari_Icewalker

Inari_Icewalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2001
    Yes Strawbary, they do know that. That's what this discussion seems mostly about, actually.

Thanks.

17. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    After talking with John (he wants to bring his Gamecube so we can play the newly released Clone Wars game after the movie), I'm gonna host a DVD viewing at my place next Friday the 22nd. Time TBA.

If you're interested, either post here or send me an email at keithabbott@hotmail.com.

Seating is limited...REALLY limited hehe. But for those without seats...there's always the floor :p Come see the movie the way it was meant to be seen. Completely digital.

Keith

18. Armage

Armage Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    Sadly, I'm going to be in Washington, DC that weekend. It seems like all the fun stuff is happening then, too: the costuming seminar, this, some other events at school...

Ah well. Can't be everywhere, I guess. I'll be there in spirit, Keith ;-)

19. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    That's a bummer Grayson. :( Well for those that do wanna come...I'm planning the AOTC DVD screening around 7-8ish. If you want to bring stuff to grill feel free. We'll play the new Clone Wars game afterwards! :)

As for directions, ask and ye shall receive.
    Keith

20. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    I think Stacy and I will be there, mostly depends on how this week plays out.

21. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    i won't be able to come friday. i just heard that my friend won't be working so i'll be hanging out with her. but i will see everyone sat for costuming!

22. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    For those of you going to the costuming event on Saturday and do not have directions...Please email me at dark_force_witch@yahoo.com and i will email them to you tonight.

23. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Tonight's the night! If any of you would like to see and hear AOTC digitally...give me an email at keithabbott@hotmail.com and I'll send you directions to my place for tonight's showing. Come anytime between 7-8pm. Afterwards, we're planning on playing the new game, Clone Wars.

Keith

24. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I dont know if anyone has tried to email me at the above addy...but yahoo freaked out today and restarted my email...weird

so if you want directions and tried before please try again

25. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    we had a most lovely time today at the costuming & intro to rpg meeting :) i *finally* met some of you and everyone made me feel right at home. plus, i started on my first character...can't wait to give it a try (with both hands being held and much patience from everyone!)!
    thank you stacy, jason, evan, keith, ann, and chris :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.