main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Aresko's Health

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Doop, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    SW is hit and miss on this. You don't see Dooku's head go flying. You don't see Pre Vizsla's head fall to the floor either. But you do see the heads of the four Mandalorians beheaded in A Friend In Need start to roll back off their shoulders for a few frames, exposing the severed stump of their necks. You also get the roomful of Xizors shortened by Savage Opress sitting there with smoking neck stumps before tumbling lifelessly from their chairs.

2. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    Alright I'm sorry if this is controversial or steps on anyone's toes. But one of the main reasons why the Nazis were able to do so many terrible things was because people were terrified of them, and I don't think it's stretching it to say that probably includes some in their own ranks. They weren't all evil, they just somehow separated themselves from what they were doing, the same way one avoids eye contact when a homeless person starts walking over to your car or you ignore the commercials on TV about the starving kids in Africa. After awhile you become desensitized. They are already using some Nazi imagery in Empire Day. But instead of painting them like a bunch of faceless demons I hope we're going to start seeing a little more of the humanity lying beneath the surface. That's one of the things that made the clone wars great.

[​IMG]

Antlers likes this.
  3. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    YaY for Space Nazis with upper crust British accents...

4. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think it's safe to say that we will see Aresko again as the cyborg in TFA :D

5. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    Whoa whoa...let's hold up a minute here. Let's back off from suggesting that the fact that I don't donate to every starving african kid charity I see somehow puts me on some sort of moral level akin to the germans who went along with the NSDAP regime. That's kind of messed up, man.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  6. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012

Desensitization is desensitization. It doesn't matter where the images come from, it's part of how the brain works. Desensitization techniques are used in therapy for people with profound phobias of things like clowns or spiders, because it works. This is why regimes, regardless of what symbol they have on their flags, are so dangerous.

We could even venture that a big part of the reason people are clamoring for visible heads and guts is in part due to desensitization…

7. shorttrooper

Dec 3, 2014
    I can't really argue with this without starting a political debate or it sounding like a personal attack lol. So I'm sorry if I offended you in any way.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You should celebrate!

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    For instance throughout the war with Germany several of the German hire ups realized Hitler was bat**** insane.

10. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    The implication is enough for me, but again this episode has bought up my childhood fear of Tarkin's character, and it's even more complicated now given he's become one of my favorite characters. I didn't ask to become so emotionally invested in this cartoon. *cries*

11. Octavian Dibar

Jan 6, 2015
    You brought up the Nazi party, but didn't expect/want to get engaged in a political debate? C'mon, man. This can't be your first rodeo on a message board. You know well enough how topics like these end up.

I'm not offended by being compared to the 1930s-era Germans. I'm just annoyed when people throw out comparisons between the Nazi regime and something else, because those comparisons are almost always off-base in my estimation.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  12. Antlers

Oct 30, 2012
    MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. What the hell is happening here?!

13. shorttrooper

Dec 3, 2014
    Look fair enough... and yeah this is my first message board lol

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

15. Octavian Dibar

Jan 6, 2015
    Popping open a Magners now. [face_dancing]

Let me bring the discussion fully back into Star Wars. From my viewpoint, there's been a big push over the last few decades to generate bad guys who are "gray", i.e., who have really good reasons for doing really bad things. To be honest, I'm worn out by all the attempts. It's not that I don't like all those types of stories. I think that it's fine to have nuanced villains with their own motivations and reasons for how they act. But at a certain point, I just want true heroes and true villains, and some swashbuckling adventures. I don't want to have to always have an inner debate about the finer points of one particular side's morality. I do that enough with the evening news.

Star Wars is one of the few places I can sit back and watch or read a tale about good vs. evil, and not be bombarded with arguments of moral equivalency. The Empire is the bad guy. Sure, not everyone who serves in the Empire is a truly bad person, but while they're wearing the uniform, they're an obstacle to the galaxy's freedom, and therefore fair game. It keeps it straightforward and enjoyable for me. I don't need the villains to be humanized, because I don't want to identify with them in any way.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  16. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

I like how the Imperial flags are red, with the Imperial emblem in black on a white circle in the middle.

No prizes for guessing what their inspiration was there...

[​IMG]

Darth Doop and darklordoftech like this.
  17. Antlers

Oct 30, 2012
    It's actually a little too "hit you over the head" for me. :\

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    the whole imperial=nazi is a bit hit you over the head.

shorttrooper likes this.
  19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    comparing indifference to being a nazi is kind of ignorant. sorry that's too big a leap.

20. shorttrooper

Dec 3, 2014
    Antlers Jedi Knight Fett
    Yeah it seems very in your face the way they used that imagery. I'm not sure why they went that route... it feels a bit overdone. And it wouldn't be the first time on this show something was overdone.

21. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Is Grint kill too? I mean, the thing happened so fast that I couldn't tell.

22. Antlers

Oct 30, 2012
    Yeah, it seems nobody cares about Grint around here…

23. Antlers

Oct 30, 2012

This will be my last word on the matter, since this thread is for dear Cumberlane…

Nobody is calling anybody a nazi in this thread. I would hope that everyone could stop acting like children and realize that.

However, that being said, one must realize that indifference and desensitization go hand in hand with the institutionalized atrocities of the Second World War. If and ever one takes the time to study genocide at the university level, the haunting realities of groupthink and social conditioning will become clearer. It seems that some users have gotten hung up on the "OH gawd, he kalled me natzee!", while others are stepping back to look at this issue from a more scholarly perspective.

From a historian's point of view, the events of the 1940s were practically yesterday. We all need to be careful about what we choose to ignore.

But back on the subject…

I think it is indeed obvious that Grint appropriated most of the daily rations available on Lothal…

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He did not share it with poor Aresko.

25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i stand by my statement.