main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Aresko's Health

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Doop, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    I'm sorry, but I can't let this go by without responding. No one that I've seen has been all that hung up on being called a Nazi. That's not been the issue at all.

What thejeditraitor and I both commented on was the gross misuse of a comparison between someone who is indifferent to a charity commercial on TV and the tacit supporters of the Nazi Regime. There is no doubt that indifference and desensitization had a role to play in what transpired in Europe during the 1930s and 40s. But the difference in levels between being indifferent to the extermination camps and being indifference to a TV commercial is so glaringly extreme, that something had to be said. In fact, more people should have spoken up about how poor comparison it was.

If we're going to talk about desensitization, then we need to talk about how the term and concept 'Nazi' is so grossly overused and misused today, so as to have virtually no meaning to the vast majority of people growing up. shorttrooper 's comparisons, and your defense of his statements, serves only to feed that desensitization further. If we're going to apply the term or the comparison, let's be judicious with its use, and not just apply it broadly to minor moral failings. I think we can all agree on this point.

Also, I don't understand where you get the idea that we're somehow ignoring what happened 75 years ago? I've not seen anyone say anything to that effect.

shorttrooper Please understand that I'm not trying to hammer you personally. I just think that your earlier comparison was poorly constructed. As far as I am concerned, we had reached a suitable understanding earlier and we were good. Antlers 's post compelled me to refer back to your earlier comments. So, apologies if you feel dragged back into this whole thing.

That said, I have no problem comparing the Galactic Empire to 1930s-40s Germany, because its obvious that Lucas drew greatly from that time period to create the concept of the Empire.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    yes, my point there are many levels between not giving to every charity and nazism.

3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I've seen some pretty friggin' weird derails in my time on this forum, but this thread turning into an argument about Godwin's Law is still really bizarre.

4. Coffee Two Sugars

Coffee Two Sugars Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2015
    I'd Mike to return to Aresko and his health issues. Perhaps it's Bern mentioned before, but it's a pain to scroll through walls of Text with my mobile, and so I'm wary to go back to the last page ... Anyway, I'd love to See him back in slightly Vetter health. Mike a zombie.

Edit: No, I'm not going to edit that. I need it AS evidence. My T9 obviously hates me.

5. Octavian Dibar

Jan 6, 2015
    Vthuil

If you guys decide to keep me around, you're guaranteed some bizarre conversations. Hang on and enjoy the ride. [face_cowboy]

Coffee Two Sugars

So... um...deathtroopers? ;)

6. Coffee Two Sugars

Feb 8, 2015
    More like death officers... but yes, that's the concept :).

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe Aresko's anxiety sbout failing has something to do with his apparent health.

8. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000
    If Aresko's skin color was "green" when he was still alive... I wonder what color it turned after his head got severed from his body?

[​IMG]

Yes... I am a sick person.

9. Octavian Dibar

Jan 6, 2015
    He should not have let his anxiety control him like that. That's no way to get ahead in life.

10. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Puke green.

11. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Well, if Maul can get robo legs, then Aresko can get a robo body. A big, buff robo body. :cool:

12. Coffee Two Sugars

Feb 8, 2015
    ...and a super-cool droid head for the rest of his remains so we could have two Areskos. - Wait. Why does this remind me of AotC?

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

[face_sick]

14. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    Do you become healthy after being sent to the afterlife? Specifically the underworld

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe he turns red.

16. Coocoo for Lekku

Coocoo for Lekku Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 9, 2015
    He turns grey, Optimus Prime style.

Then later, the Empire has to bring him back when his replacement turns out to be even more of a failure.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    50 shades of Aresko.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  18. Octavian Dibar

Jan 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

rumsmuggler likes this.