main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Argh it be National Talk Like a Pirate Day Mateys! Translator/Glossary AND Quiz!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Princess_Skywalker_, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pirateme

Pirateme Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
  2. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Lord Nelson was on his way out to sea when he was approached by a pirate ship, skull and crossbones waving in the breeze!
    "Lord Nelson, Lord Nelson, what do we do?" asked the first mate.
    "First mate," said the Lord Nelson, "go to my cabin, open my sea chest and bring me my red shirt."
    The first mate did so, and, wearing his bright red shirt, the Lord Nelson exhorted his crew to fight. So inspiring was he, in fact, that the pirate ship was repelled without casualties.
    The next day, the ship was again approached, this time by two pirate sloops!
    "Lord Nelson, Lord Nelson, what should we do?"
    "First mate, bring me my red shirt!"
    The crew, emboldened by their fearless captain, fought heroically, and managed to defeat both boarding parties, though they took many casualties. That night, the survivors had a great celebration. The first mate asked the Lord Nelson the secret of his bright red shirt.
    "It's simple, first mate. If I am wounded, the blood does not show and the crew continues to fight without fear."
    More days passed and they were nearing the Spanish coast, when suddenly the lookout cried that ten ships of the Spanish Armada were approaching!
    "Lord Nelson, Lord Nelson, we're in terrible trouble, what do we do?" The first mate looked expectantly at the miracle worker. Pale with fear, the Lord Nelson commanded "FIRST MATE.... BRING ME MY BROWN PANTS!"

3. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    i just saw Talk Like A Pirate Day messages written all over me school. I stood with pride at me chosen profession but alas, thar was no one aroundt'flaunt me pride at.

4. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    arr.. i be back, to find me captain needed my blade one page prior... i pray that me cap'n don't keelhaul me for darralic-- dairylik... dereli... fur not showin when i needed to guard our pirate honor!

5. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    aye james be a true and loyal crewman. no need to fear. i only chop the heads off of those that deserve to meet davy jones locker. you are safe my loyal henchman ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :D

OHH and might i be addin...

fur not showin when i needed to guard our pirate honor!

SEE! some pirates know whens to be defendin their honor. unlike some ninjas i be knowin. argh!

6. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Until next year. Talk Like a Pirate Day is officially over. Time to hang up our cutlasses, bury our treasure 10 paces east of the crooked palm tree, and get back to our regularly scheduled programming...ninjas.

[image=http://www.uer.ca/forumpic/stealth.gif]

;)

7. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Avast! Where be our mighty piratical icons? I'll keelhaul the man who stole'em from the likes of us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.