main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ARGH! Someone must really be slacking off with the Force Heretic promotion!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by masterskywalker, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    We've had ONE feature on Force Hereitc from the OS, the cover art. That's it. [face_plain]

No sample chapter, no except, just a few vauge summaries...

We had five times the spoilers for Destiny's Way, and that wasn't even promoted very much either!

Does Starwars.com and Del Rey just not care about promoting the NJO anymore? It seems like EVERYTHING is focused on the Clone war when we still have a YEAR left with the NJO!

2. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    Maybe there's a lot going on that they want to totally surprise people with.

Probably not, but I can dream. :D

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The place where I go to for early copies didn't even have FH:Remnant or Tatooine Ghost in their computers.

4. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    It just seems like the NJO has been abandoned in favor of the Clone Wars stories. I like BOTH for pete's sake! And I don't want one to upstage the other.

5. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Comparisons of marketing support between Destiny's Way and Force Heretic are not really fair.

One's a hardcover and the other's a mass market paperback - they're completely different animals.

The real question is what does Rebecca think of Force Heretic. If she doesn't have a copy yet, something nefarious is going on! :eek:

6. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    LOL

It's funny 'cause it's true!

7. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    It just seems like the attention is shifting away FAST from the NJO, not by the fans, but by the creators!

Yeah, if Rebecca doesn't have it, we're screwed. ;)

8. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    The real question is what does Rebecca think of Force Heretic

I don't know this Rebecca, but I hope she likes me, as far as I know I liker her. I like being liked :)

People agree, I like being liked

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The real question is what does Rebecca think of Force Heretic. If she doesn't have a copy yet, something nefarious is going on!

I can safely say this with confidence -- I'm pretty sure Rebecca191 does NOT have a copy yet... ;)

10. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I seriously think the Feb. 4th thing is a mistake. I think it will be the end of feb, or the start of March. That would make more sense. March, June, Sept. Just like always.

11. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    :eek: I hope it's still February 4th! :(

12. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    The real question is what does Rebecca think of Force Heretic. If she doesn't have a copy yet, something nefarious is going on!

Don't have it. I think there's a conspiracy. :(

13. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    It better be the 4th!im getting tired of waiting for this book,besides we need something to argue and debate about again.............

14. Jedi_Horn_888

Jedi_Horn_888 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2002
    It's been much too long since the release of Destiny's Way. There's only what, a month, two, between the releases of the Force Heretic trilogy and 2 or 3 months between the releases of The Final Prophecy and The Unifying Force. We've waited long enough, they should not push the release date back to early March. Destiny's Way came out late for us Aussies because Del Ray's printers screwed up. So they'd better have this book on time!

And masterskywalker, I agree with Genghis. Remnant is a paperback of the NJO, Destiny's Way was a hardcover. What's going to make more money? The hardcover. So you promote that more. It's all about the cash these days.

Horn out

15. Amused knight

Amused knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    there is now an excerpt on del reys site i put the address in the official thread.

16. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Bex, that reminds me. Where are you in the NJO?

Last I remember you hadn't read Rebel Stand yet.

17. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    IIRC, the Traitor exert we got was from a book, not online. Remember, Tratior?

18. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I was informed there's a Remnant excerpt at Del Rey now. It's short, but it's still promotion.

19. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=0345428706&view=excerpt

DING DING DING! :D

20. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Chomp Comp Chomp....*eats words* A little bland...

21. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    You were saying? ;)

22. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Meh, at least it's promotion. ;)

Rebecca doesn't have it yet!?! :eek: Something nefarious IS happening!

23. SingingJedi

SingingJedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2002
    Well, I work at a Waldenbooks, and I do know that Remnant isn't street dated, which means we don't have an official official release date for it, and all the computer says is that it's going to be published in February, which is what everything else says.

And, if anyone was wondering, in the Waldenbooks (and I assume the Borders and Brentanos, and whatever other companies are owned by Borders, Inc.) computers, it's listed as SW NJO Remnant, with no mention of Force Heretic. The only listing for Force Heretic anything in our system is the audiobook.

I also know we do have an official street date for Tatooine Ghost, only I don't remember what it is at the moment (it's been a few days since I looked at the list). I need to recheck all this stuff the next time I go to work...

24. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    Ask and ye shall recieve!

25. Skylark

Skylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Unfortunately, I'm in the school of thought that believes that LFL cares more about the films and clone wars books and promotions than the NJO or NR era books.

Unfortunately, I'm also in the school of thought that prefers the NJO and NR era books.

So...it basically sucks to be me. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.