main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA !@#$ ARGH!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Zero_has_lightsaber, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zero_has_lightsaber

Zero_has_lightsaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2005
    Last night I had the unfortunate episode of having my laptop's motherboard burnout on me. I was playing the (Surprise!) Japanese Rockman Zero 4 and then the monitor kept flashing black. It wouldn't stop, so my dad brought it to Best Buy. The guy working there is still running diagnostic tests as to what exactly the **** happened.

So now I have started a new college year without my own computer. No games. No anime. This is boring and not to mention inconvenient as Hell.

How many weeks does it take for these sorts of things to get repaired? The next few weeks are going to suck ass.

2. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I have sooo sorry to hear that. I can't imagine my dear brother not having his ***PRECIOUS*** computer. I suggest you contact Best Buy and get status on a daily basis. Keep me posted.

3. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Oh Dude, I feel your pain. I've had my laptop in the shop before and for something like that you'll probably be waiting at least a week. I've had BIOS problems, some HD problems, Boot sector probs, and I even had to have the screen replaced.

4. Zero_has_lightsaber

Jul 25, 2005
    My roommate had his computer crap out and gave it to the shop 2 weeks ago. It hasn't been fixed yet. The only thing they have done so far is ship it to some other place for repairs.

And staring at the ceiling gets old after awhile. Unless you are Shinji Ikari and have head trips.

5. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    at least it's a "familiar ceiling."

6. Zero_has_lightsaber

Jul 25, 2005
    Heh heh heh.

Oh, and sorry for my bad language in all my posts. This is the first family friendly board I have been to. Please bear with me, as this sort of online environment is new to me.

7. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Hang in there! My 'droid, Mulder (named after Fox Mulder), decided to fry himself last week, so after a full brain transplant he is up and running again. (It pays if you have family members who live with you who can build computers...:D )

But totally understand the frustration.

8. Zero_has_lightsaber

Jul 25, 2005
    The worst part is, with the HD reformatted I have a huge chunk of my anime collection destroyed. >_<

Good thing I actually bought some DVDs to be part of my collection.

9. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    hey zero, it's ur big sis...

BEEEEEEEEEEEE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! :mad:

that said, i hope you are having a great first week of school and increasing your knowledge of creating jango fett clones... :)

10. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Oohhh that really hurts. I lost a ton of costume pics when Mulder died. I was able to replace most of them (at least the ones I really wanted to save.) But it's still a major pain to go through all that...and there were some that were candid shots that are just completely gone. At least you still have some of the collection. Good luck with school!

11. Zero_has_lightsaber

Jul 25, 2005
    Thanks. I'm up all night using the library computer to do Digital Design homework since I am not allowed to install anything on this.

12. Zero_has_lightsaber

Jul 25, 2005
    Thanks to hurricane Katrina, there will be major delays and I won't have my comp back for an entire semester. -_-

But I brought back my extremely old desktop that is more than 6 years old. Unfortunately, it does not have a port where I can stick in a LAN cable, meaning I cannot use the school's DSL and can only use dial-up. -_- Is there some sort of adapter I can buy that will let me plug in a lan cable into my computer without opening it up and installing an ethernet card?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.