1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Aria of the Soul

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ramza, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    IC: Avinash Ekagrah/ Palace/ Kathmandu/ Nepal
    Summoning Chamber/ Private Quarters


    All roads led to Kathmandu, none of them with answers. It was one great puzzle, with no one having enough pieces to put it together yet. And all every additional person added to the situation were more holes than pieces. Why would this man, this immortal, be interested in a simple (maybe not so simple) detective from the United States? The man before Avinash, if man he was, seemed to have thought it was the King that had drawn him there, and for some reason Ekagrah was quite thankful that it wasn't him. It seemed quite likely that he would have been long dead at this mans feet were that the case.

    Then Kane thought maybe Rufus? But Rufus was just a pawn, a piece to be moved as needed and discarded when no longer useful. Living was an optional condition there, obviously. Lillith would have seemed the most likely answer for this Kane person, but somehow he had yet to even mention her. Besides, it did not seem terribly likely that Kane could actually kill her.

    This left them both with something of a problem. Avinash with a "guest" he did not want, yet could not get rid of, and Kane with a summons that he did not understand. And some how Ekagrah was the key, in this being's estimation. How this could be the King did not know, as he did not understand why Rufus had been sent to him either, other than recruitment in the war. To what purpose he did not know either. Somehow it seemed quite likely there was going to be another visitor in the near future, but until then they were going to flounder and try and sort through this mess. Overall it left Ekagrah slightly irritatble, but that was easily hidden.

    Sipping his tea to cover the time it took him to reply, Ekagrah tried to figure out why he was the key to this situation. Was it his deal with the shedim by some chance? But that didn't effect anyone but himself, and the rather tiny kingdom that he had gained. "Key to what?" Staring rather bluntly into the other man's eyes, Ekagrah continued. "My future? Your desire to kill? Rufus summons, that even he does not understand? There are many things that require keys, sir, and I am afraid you will have to be vastly more clear before I know to which you think I can open the lock that has it sealed." Hissing out and tickling the ear, forcing attention to be paid, Ekagrah's voice filled the room with a sort of perversion, it was unlikely Kane would notice.


    TAG: FINS, SINRE/DRACO(Barging in if they want), RAM (Whatever plot device you have in store, if it's time for it)

    :snoopy
  2. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    The Man/Walther Kane
    Palace, Nepal

    He turned his back on the King and stared at the ornaments on the wall. They reminded him of something. He couldn´t make out what it was.
    "My future? Your desire to kill?" He chuckled when his `desire to kill´ was mentioned. So human. So limited. He was death. He did not have more desire to kill than the wind had to move. He simply did. Maybe the King would understand. In the end. When his use was exhausted.
    "Rufus summons, that even he does not understand? There are many things that require keys, sir, and I am afraid you will have to be vastly more clear before I know to which you think I can open the lock that has it sealed."

    Slowly his eyes turned to the King. He had no idea, too. But how could one explain him ancient habits? That by knowing he was alone, someone had offended him. Drawn him here. And that someone wanted to play and so he played. Not because he liked to. He loved it. Not because he needed to. Boredom would kill him without the game. Well, not kill him. Regrettably. He was here because he was ordered to. Meant to. The drums guided him. The drums.

    "I . . ." He began. Than laughed out. "I have been lead here. And my guide never failed me. You can not unlock any door that has been locked to keep me out, King. But you are probably the key." He smiled. A sympathetic smile, as he knelt befroe the tea. "Maybe she can." He then said. The only other ancient he has met in such a long time. It had to do something with this.
    If so, were the others needed? His body trembled when he imagined going through this palace. Burning it down. Killing one after another. Killing and killing and killing, until only the King remained to sit on a pile of ashes. And beg for mercy.
    Something strangely human. He did not fully understand. Mercy? What had keeping something alive to do with mercy? "So, shall we wait? I think sooner or later she´ll be here." He smiled. Taking a sip of the tea. "And if you are lucky she has a reason to make me leave. Without . . . deepening our relationship any further."
    He said this not as a thread, but like a business man proposing a possible outcome of negotiations. A lawyer, meditating about a case and the trials outcome. It was one option. One of many. Walter Kane had no preference for one. But also no reason to keep this hidden from anyone.

    But they better found something that silenced the drums soon. Or he would have to do something . . . grande . . . to make them bearable.

    Dadamm. Dadamm. Dadamm. Dadamm.

    They were terrible loud, now.


    Tag: Trimaj, Sinre/Draco, Ramza
  3. Sir_Draco Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 19, 2007
    star 4
    ooc: I´ll update him with the next update.

    Rufus Jameson
    Palace

    "You might want to bring that, I imagine." She said and he looked at his two guns. The .45 Automatic and his smaller Revolver. Caliber .38. Usually he felt save with them. He was pretty good shot and did not breakdown when it came to violence. Even though he had barely ever taken a life. Or something he would call that.

    "Sure." He answered and lighted a last cigarette. This time ignoring the cigarette ban of the King. If you break the rules, you do it American smile with barrels and cigarettes smoking.

    He checked his automatic. 17 shots in the magazine, one in the gun. Pushing it into his holster and making sure he had his two additional magazines under his right arm he followed Lilly. They had almost talked for an hour. He grinned when he thought how crazy this would make the King. "And if they don´t have any answers, why not search for our own?" He added and threw his cigarette on the surely priceless floor. Killing it.

    Lilly leading him into the depth of the strange King´s palace. He couldnt describe in how many ways that was a bad idea. But not trusting someone wasn´t the same as not following someone. Even if it was all only a trap, that did not change the fact he was here to know what kind of trap.

    "I think you should go first. From my experience men don´t shot beautiful women." He smiled and opened her the door. "Then again, I have been known to be wrong, sometimes." He grinned.

    Tag: Sinrebirth, others, Ramza
  4. Beeblebroxh2g2 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 13, 2009
    IC: Nettle
    Chicago Suburbs


    Updated Stats

    - Melee 8 (+2) 10
    - Ranged 1
    - Spiritual Attacks 1 (+5) 6
    - Spiritual Enhancements 10 (+3) 13
    - Physical Defense 8
    - Spiritual Defense 2

    With the excitement of the battle dying down, and the stress of Michael's sudden appearance off her shoulders, the striking white glow of Nettle's scars began to die down. As she calmed, the light leaking from the latice of scar tissue dimmed, and quietly, she drew her hood up to cover the smoothness of her head. It seemed the negotiation process had eliminated more of her little group than the battle had. She considered, for a moment, going after the hotheaded driver. He had, after all, been rather useful in the fight. A cigarette found it's way into her mouth. Bad habit. Would probably kill her. If she was lucky. She lit it with a little purple bic lighter and Inhaled thoughtfully, burning the cherry bright. He was a strong fighter, she thought. A strong fighter, but none too smart. Exhale, the smoke streaming from her mouth like a stormcloud rushing across the sky. If we are to deal with the shedim, the ability to be diplomatic with our application of force is much more important than the actual strength of the force we can apply. The cigarette went back to her lips and stayed there, a thin line of smoke curling up past her face before becoming incoherent in the slight breeze, and she stood, and she thought.

    The priest and the devout easterner were speaking on a grassy hill. The rest were either out of sight, gone, or leaving. She took another deep drag of the cigarette, pulling the smoke into her body, filling her lungs with it's weight. I should speak with them. I'll stick around for this little ride, to find out what's going on, if for no other reason. Our group has been reduced by more than half. Even if there are other groups, we cannot assume that they are any larger than ours. Which means that even when we meet up with them, our total forces will be much smaller than the malakh initially planned. Which means that we're going to have to strategize. And for that we need information. And for that, we need to talk. The cigarette had gone out in her mouth without her noticing. She spat it onto the ground, grinding it unnecessarily into the dirt. Slowly, she made her way over to the conversing duo. It would do her well to get to know her team-mates. A bundle of sticks is stronger than individuals standing alone.

    Tag: Grey, I_H
  5. WINKWINK Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 15, 2008
    star 1
    IC berruin Hashier
    Delaware



    Before the Fravashi answered him Ms.Lyn turned and started to walk way.
    "Personally, I don't think I want to know.. OR be standing here to try to explain ANY of this."
    heheh, good idea
    "I will be at my shop, until otherwise notified. You need me, you know where to find me. Anyone else who wants to come, is welcomed."
    Berruin smiled and said "Whelp, thats my phone so... bye" He turned "Oh and if any of you want a weapon" he said loud enough to carry glancing at the man and women talking "You really might want to come"

    Done talking, he jogged a few steps to catch Ms.Lyn.
    when he did he said "So, what type of shop is it?"






    TAG Ktala, Bultarswan, Hansolo29.
    />
  6. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Nibiru Vajra

    Chicago, Suburbs


    Nibiru patiently waited for Father Benson to speak, but it appeared that the goodly priest was momentarily at a loss for words. The young monk could not blame him. Putting into words what they'd just experience would be challenging, even to experienced spiritualists like themselves.

    A variant vibration within Nibiru's hand caught his attention. His spiritual focus was alerting him of a change happening nearby. Nibiru turned in the direction his vajra indicated and saw that some else approached them.

    It was the Lady whom he'd glimpsed floating in air during the episode with the Hellhounds, the same who shared a similar vibrational signature to that of the Arch Angel Michael.

    Nibiru glanced at the priest to see if he'd notice the woman approaching, then turned himself fully to greet her. As was his custom, Nibiru gave a welcoming smile and bowed.

    "Greetings demi-angelus..." He said smoothly. " I am honored by your presence."

    Tag: Beeble (Nettle), I_H
  7. Beeblebroxh2g2 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 13, 2009
    Nettle

    Chicago Suburbs


    Embarrassed by the respect the monk had shown her, Nettle shook her head slightly. The name he'd called her.

    demi-angelous. Is that what I am? I suppose at one point, I was heavenly. I was malakh, a warrior of god. But now I understand sin. I am a creature of sin, I feel human. But his words ring true. Am I indeed still a holy creature? No longer do I feel the authority of god like I should.

    She gave a glance to the priest, who appeared deep in thought, before turning her gaze to meet the monk's, her eyes full of questions she knew could not be answered by anyone on this mortal plane. "I ain't so sure that's what I am..." she paused. "For now, Nettle will do me just fine. At any rate, you should be no more honored by my presence than I should be of yours." She returned his smile, finally, with one of her own, a crooked grin that crinkled the stark white scar tissue around her right eye and spoke more of her confidence than anything else.

    Her eyes brushed appraisingly over his body, taking in the visual cues that indicated a strong fighter. "You did a good job back there." Yes, and his eyes show knowledge. She thought, about me. She looked at the object in his hand, then back to his face. "That thing in your hand. What is it?"

    Tag: Grey
  8. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Nibiru Vajra

    Chicago, Suburbs


    Nibiru watch and listened to the demi-angelus with great interest. Until today, his meeting with elevated beings had been very few and very far between.

    "I ain't so sure that's what I am..." she paused. " the demi-angelus said, which struck Nibiru like a thunderbolt! How could she NOT know?? but, he quickly let go of his momentary surprise as the demi-angelus continued speaking.

    "...Nettle will do me just fine. At any rate, you should be no more honored by my presence than I should be of yours."

    The young monk bowed again respectfully at her words.

    "Then, it shall be as you wish...Nettle."

    Nibiru tilted his head as he tried the name. His green eyes scrutinized Nettle, even as he noticed her scrutinizing him in return. He didn't mind at all, for it was only natural. Hmm. where those....scars? everywhere? Nibiru tried not to react to what he was seeing. He didn't trust his eyes at that moment. Perhaps it was some sort of residual effect he was suffering.

    "You did a good job back there." Nettle said, bringing him back to the moment.

    "Oh! uhm... Thank you. I did what any soldier of the light would have done."

    Nibiru blushed a little and looke down. He still wasn't used to being complimented like that. He was just doing what came natural to him. A quick side glance at the priest revealed that the man was still deep in thought. Hmm. Odd.

    "That thing in your hand. What is it?" Nettle asked after her visual appraisal.

    "Oh! this...?"

    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/Vajra.jpg]

    Nibiru lifted his right hand and opened it. Within it was a golden object.

    It glowed with a bluish aura that spiked as it got closer to Nettle. The object also emitted a vibrational hum that rose in pitch and sounded almost musical when it neared her.

    "This is a Holy Vajra. My spiritual focus. It was blessed by an Elevated being. An Enlightened Tibetan High Priest who's name I am unworthy to speak. Now this vajra resonates with the vibrational energy of the universe."

    Nibiru allowed Nettle to inspect the object. It was indeed fascinating to see how Nibiru's spiritual focus reacted in such proximity to a demi-angelus.

    Tag: Beeble (character interaction! YAY!) :p



  9. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Carolyn Summers
    Walking towards her Shop, Newark, Delaware, USA

    "I will be at my shop, until otherwise notified. You need me, you know where to find me. Anyone else who wants to come, is welcomed."

    Carolyn started walking. She did not like the way things were going. The group was splintering far too much. And they were supposed to fight together? That didnt look promising.

    She heard Berruin announce, "Whelp, thats my phone so... bye." He turned "Oh and if any of you want a weapon" he said loud enough to carry glancing at the man and women talking "You really might want to come."

    Lyn flicked a card, that had her shops address on it to the nearest person. "Im in the phone book." She kept walking. Soon, Berruin caught up with Lyn.

    "So, what type of shop is it?" he asked her. Lyn looked over she shoulder, grinning as Max followed close by. "What do you think? I did mention the words fortune teller." she said with a soft laugh. "Its a Psychic shop. But dont worry...nothing wont get to you..except maybe Alphonso." she said with a laugh.

    //No funny, Chica...// Alf muttered in her ear. Carolyn chuckled softly. "Dont worry, I got the entire building. Basement, and 2nd story above. And from the looks of what they expect us to go up against, Im packing up big."

    Lyn looked up as they reached her shop, "The Tattered Veil' psychic shop. She walked in, and waved to the girl at the desk. "Hey Debra. Let me know if any other visitors come to the shop. I plan to bet out awhile. You know the drill."

    Debra laughed. "You got it boss!"

    Lyn led Berruin over towards the back of the shop. There was a phone hanging on the wall. "Have fun" she told them, as she moved to grab herself something to drink.



    TAGL: WINKWINK, Delaware folks
  10. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2003
    star 9
    Claire Glass, Delaware

    Claire, brushed a strand of hair out of her face with her well lotioned hands and tilted her head slightly as Mr. Bryant spoke. She noticed, even if no one else did, that her hand was shaking slightly. She smiled at him when he said his allegiance was the same as hers. What a relief. She smiled as he said this. She didn?t think she?d like anything to happen to him, or anyone for that matter. The Shedim certainly were not pretty. Claire was no where near confident that she was ready for what they were being asked to do, but if she had to do something, she?d do that which at the moment seemed best. Right now she was ready to get off her feet. As the word ?relax? left Mr. Bryant?s mouth, Claire let out a small sigh.

    "Would you like to come back to my office for a while? You know, maybe grab a drink and relax a bit? I see you around the campus all the time but I don't think we've ever said a word to each other." He let out a small laugh. "How about we change that."

    Claire thought about it. Staying at the college later than she?d already been there might get in the way of other important things. Like sleeping and eating. But she really did need to at least start getting to know the other members of the group. Getting to know the most familiar first was a good place to start. She didn?t particularly think she had anything in common with the others and was not necessarily interested in striking up a conversation. But all in good time she supposed. Moving the strap of her small tastefully designed purse up on her shoulder she nodded her head. ?That sounds like a good plan for starters.? She saw another person heading off in the direction of the college. She waited though for she did not know the way to Professor Bryant's office.

    TAG: HanSolo, Delaware Group, Ramza
  11. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 6
    GM Note: I hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE essays! I'm currently working on a rather lengthy paper that's worth 25% of my grade for a three unit course. Couple that with an extra-long research group meeting, and... I can't make the update tonight.

    Nor do I know precisely when I will be able to, as by the time this essay is finally off my back I have a research proposal and a test. My schedule, however, should be cleared up by Thursday, so I'll be saving the update until then unless I catch a break, somehow.

    I'm sorry, y'all, DRL is kicking my sorry behind right now.:_|
  12. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2007
    star 5
    - Melee ? 8+2=10
    - Ranged- 4
    - Spiritual Attacks- 5+3=8
    - Spiritual Enhancements- 3
    - Physical Defense- 3+2=5
    - Spiritual Defense- 7+3=10


    Mr. Brown
    -Argentina


    He nodded in confirmation that his life was no longer in grave jeopardy, well no more than it was before. Mr. Brown turned to Ahriman and inclined his head in thought. Before, he had been sure of what he had wanted. Now, however, he was unsure exactly what he wanted. "Let me get back to you on that. I'll just keep them in reserve until I need'em."

    Tag: Ramza

    --------
    - Melee-3+2=5
    - Ranged-1
    - Spiritual Attacks-10+7=17
    - Spiritual Enhancements-5
    - Physical Defense-2
    - Spiritual Defense-9+1=10


    Anubis
    -Mid World


    "Ah." It came out before Anubis knew it was forming in his throat. An automated response to something his mind could not conceive all at once. He had many questions, but none of them seem to have any purpose beyond filling the space of silence. Instead, Anubis held back his questions and fidgeted with his hands, then stopped when he realized how childish it must look.

    "What is this world you have here? If it is between the two dimensions, no, worlds." Though his correction still did not capture the right word. "Why is there no other way for me to get back? There should be multiple openings spontaneously happening at every turn.? He looked the spirit in the face. ?I am asking is there a way for me to communicate and maybe help my comrades. I have duties to oversee. Something is happening titanic in the world of the living and I need to be there.?

    Tag: Ramza
  13. haljordan33 Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    Sep 8, 2008
    star 1
  14. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 6
    GM Notice: Please do not make OOC remarks in my game without an approved CS. I will contact the moderators regarding any future incidents.

    Also, this is an approximately 48 Hour Warning!, since my update will be back on Thursday night schedule this time.


  15. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 6
    January 27, 2012

    ?It is becoming increasingly clear that whomever is behind the Shedim?s recent surge in aggression has taken an unprecedented level of precaution against my discovering them. All signs point to Samael, yet I cannot help but doubt the validity of this conclusion. Something is very wrong here.? ? The Hundred and First Scroll of Metatron

    In and Around La Plata, Province of Buenos Aires, Argentine Republic

    IC: Agent 655321

    The smoke around the Doctor?s face twisted and twirled a bit, as if to hint at the sort of information 655321 was about to hear, before Torrence continued.

    ?What you and I know as the S-Types, are, in actuality, extradimensional beings, akin to what you and I would call a demon. They?re old, insanely old, and that?s not even the half of it. Like an actual devil, they?ve been guiding all of history?s most infamous occurrences from the shadows. You name it, they?ve had a hand in it, although this,? he noted, indicating the horde of S-Types sprawled across the city, ?Is by far the largest single group ever seen. Bizarre, considering they?re more powerful than a damn tank, you?d think they?d have acted sooner.?

    655321 was awestruck for perhaps the first time in his life. This was insane. If these S-Types were really as powerful as the Doctor was saying they were?


    IC: Fravashi

    ?The main assault will be coming in from here,? Fravashi said, indicating the diagram. They were in a briefing room located safely in the Malakh dimension, a mere moments after the time they had all somehow known had arrived, the teleportation there totally expected, and the Malakh was beginning to outline the main nuances of the Malakh strategy. ?That?s going to be composed mostly of Malakh, and will be acting primarily as a diversion for you folks and the two other groups of humans. Your task,? he indicated a red ?X? on the diagram, ?Is to deal with the Shedim control nexus here. With that out of the way, we?ll be able to disorganize approximately a third of their forces.?

    He shook his head. ?Unfortunately, they?ve got something in there powerful enough to neutralize our ability to teleport you accurately. We could still get you there, but without proper control you?re looking at a 50ish percent chance of appearing inside a rock.?

    Fravashi paused for effect. ?And so, rather than go with that admittedly unpleasant option, we?re going to be moving you folks in as closely as possible, which is here.? On cue, a blue X, about two miles southeast of the red X, appeared. ?Thanks to our diversion, we should be able to keep the amount of forces you run into under control. Also, try to avoid civilian contact, the ?memory haze? I put up in Newark isn?t going to work with this many Shedim running around,? he noted in reference to the method he had explained to Berruin two days prior. ?Of course, if they get into trouble, by all means feel free to assist them.?

    ?I know I?ve said this before, but we?re counting on you folks to get this accomplished. If we can beat the Shedim here, we might even be able to put an end to their aggression once and for all. Any last questions??

    TAG: Delaware Group


    IC: Israfil

    ?I hope you?ll forgive me for having to cover this for Michael,? Israfil began, using his hand to brush his hair back with a hint of awkward nervousness. ?He?s very preoccupied at the moment, you see, particularly as one of the best strategists we Malakh have.? Israfil knew his appearance was a curious one: his ethnicity was a seeming mix of many different, his clothes were all white, a doctor?s lab wear coupled with the turban he used to hide his dark hair. Like all Malakh, he had an air of regality to him.

    On the other hand, he was comforted by the thought that they had been aware that they would be teleported to this briefing room at this exact time, and were thus well aware of the situation at hand. ?As these diagrams show, my fellow Malakh will be staging our main assault here, and yo/>/>
  16. WINKWINK Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 15, 2008
    star 1



    IC Berruin Hashier

    Carolyn Summers shop before transportation to the briefing room


    "Have fun" She told him as she went off to give him some privacy.

    Berruin immediately went to the phone and dialed.

    "Hello" Kerry said in a chipper voice.

    "Code Black, get out now"

    "What?! Berruin wha-" He cut her off "Leave" he let a second go by "Now, don't worry I'll know how to find you, just go with the plan and get out" He hesitated for another half second and then said quietly "You are like a daughter to me, be careful" And with that, he hung up.





    TAG Ktala, Ramzha
    />
  17. WINKWINK Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 15, 2008
    star 1
    OCC

    OOOOHHHHHHHH!!! i have ROTTEN TIMING!!!
  18. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Nov 15, 2004
    star 7
    IC: Lilith
    Palace, Nepal, Two Days Earlier...

    Lilith proceeded to lead Rufus to where she knew the King would be. Discussing the future with Iblis, undoubtedly, their liason with the other Shedim. Rufus was afraid, Lilith concluded. Flexing her hands and making sure, unconciously that her ring was still there, and with the long dress flowing around her as she strode down the stone staircase, Lilith lifted her chin slightly as they reached the door.

    "I think you should go first. From my experience men don´t shot beautiful women." Rufus smiled and opened for her the massive doors to the antechamber. "Then again, I have been known to be wrong, sometimes." Lilith idly regretted not having sex with him in the room, returning the smily coyly, kissing him on the cheek and continuing passed him.

    Lilith almost immediately recognised Him, and flared out her hands to conceal her shock. An irritation flowed around her, piercing her surprise, prompting her to interject words into her flowing actions. "Please don't stare, Rufus." The dress shattered in a sudden gale, the shards of fabric gathering in the winds of Nature she commanded. Beneath it unwove her snake-robe, the creature curling around her right leg and up her body, concealing her modesty in both places, and then looping around her throat. It didn't quite cover everything, but it unveiled the creature that she had killed some time ago, and an aspect of her true nature.

    There were few people that Lilith had no choice but to attack immediately.

    And one of them was this man.

    "Lord Iblis, your Majesty of Nepal... if you're working with this man... I'm afraid I will have to terminate my services with you - and yourselves with it." Such a statement, even as she was unveiled to them her beauty - and her power - was designed to entice, to nudge away whatever temptations he had lain out. Whatever insanity he had promised.

    "Rufus... be careful."

    Lilith allowed herself a mental smile. She had just sealed Rufus' fate in the violence to come.


    TAG: Trimaj, Sir_Draco, Fin
  19. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Nibiru Vajra

    Location: Malakh HQ, La Plata, Argentina(?)

    One moment he was having a conversation and the next.....!!??

    Nibiru wasn't sure what had happened or how. He was feeling confused and disoriented and was doing his best to regain his wits. From the looks of it they were somwhere, NOT Chicago. His spiritual focus confirmed as much. He didn't even notice when they'd been teleported. Someone was speaking, a malakh as he came to understand these beings prefered to be called. There were some strategies being mentioned, so he did his best to listen.

    The young monk glanced around, trying to find a familiar face, but he found none, however, he could feel at very few of those who he'd met back in Chicago. Blue Circle, Red Circle, anti-teleportation sphere......hmm.right. Got it.

    For a second Nibiru wondered if this was anything akin to the original Heavenly War, but decided that was unlikely. Was that a golden throne?? Wait.....wait....what?

    Nibiru realized what was being said. They were chosen to attack the primary objective. Samael himself.

    "What!!??" Nibiru exclaimed aloud in abject disbelief! "What....??" He just could not believe it. This was a classic suicide run. They had not a prayer against Samael. Not even if he was handed a Flaming Sword, which he wouldn't mind, of course, but that was not the point.

    Not only were they supposed to defeat Samael, but they were also supposed to retrieve a vial that hung around the Arch-Demon's neck. ( oh, yeah, they probably didn't call them demons. He would listen out for the proper term).

    This was utter madness!

    "Due to Father Benson?s natural healing talents and your group?s overall combat prowess, we?re confident that you?re the best group for the job..." The Malakh speaker explained.

    Nibiru was NOT feeling as confident as this Malakh speaker. Why wasn't HE going against Samael. Because humans were expendable pawns. That had to be it. They wanted the humans to weaken the demons. There had to be several legion of demons in the area...more or less.

    ".....He (Samael) should also be relatively unguarded..." The Malakh speaker continued to explain. Nibiru snorted. The HEAD DEMON UNGUARDED? C'mon! But regardless of his objection, the young monk held his peace and continued to listen, for it was impolite to interrupt with uninformed outbursts.

    "... seeing as we?re going to be distracting his generals quite a bit if everything goes off without a hitch. Just in case, though, you?re going to be supported by??

    Nibiru turned to look where it was indicated, and another Malakh picked up the discourse.

    ".....another task force which is charged with going after Samael himself. With your combined talents, you should be able to handle whatever he can dish out. The pincer maneuver we?ve got your groups moving in should also help with this."

    Nibiru scanned the group. At least they had more members than his group. Well, if he was to die in this suicide run, he wouldn't be alone, at least. Nibiru couldn't help but to sigh. He had a bad feeling about this. What if Samael could do that trick Ava did to, say, Father Benson. Was the vial good for just one person?

    *sigh*

    ?If everything goes according to plan, we?ll be able to finish off the Shedim once and for all. We?re counting on you guys,? The Malakh concluded with a grin.
    ?Any questions??

    Shedim. So, that's what they called demons around here. Well, that was nice to know finally. As for questions, Nibiru had a million, but he doubted they would make a difference. He'd never worked alongside any of these people before, seeing how he'd travelled the world on his own during his Holy Quests. What spiritual powers did they possess? who was their designated leader?

    They were mounting a MAJOR OFFENSIVE and he felt extremely ill-prepared and vulnerable. There would be no escape in death. These beings could affect your eternal soul. What was his faith worth if the Arch Angel Michael himself had doubts?

    "When do we leave?" Nibiru heard himself as
  20. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 6
    GM Notice: It's come to my attention that I messed up on two relatively important points of clarification (Entirely my fault, my humblest apologies):

    1. With the exception of Nepal, you are now two days ahead of where you were previously, and have been moved to a briefing room.

    2. There are two briefing rooms: One for Delaware, one for Chicago and London. This is because their assignments are very different and take place very far apart.

    My bad.
  21. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    OOC: Since we have a 2 day GAP before we are teleported, im doing some flashbacks here....


    Carolyn Summers
    The Tattered Veil, Psychic shop
    January 25, 2012

    Lyn led Berruin over towards the back of the shop. There was a phone hanging on the wall. "Have fun" she told them, as she moved to grab herself something to drink.

    She moved to her kitchen, letting Max get some fresh food. As she sat down at the kitchen table, she fixed herself some hot tea. "I dont like the look or smell of this, Alf?" she stated softly to herself.

    //No kidding, Chika! I thinks you being led to slaughter personally. I SURE wouldnt do it!//

    "Gee, thanks Alf. That really helped." she growled at his glowing form standing over in the corner of the room. //So, Lyndie...you gonna take Big Charlie with you?// he asked, as he rubbed his face, thinking.

    "Wha do you think!?" she replied softly, not wanting to raise her voice to loud, since Berruin was on the phone.

    //Well, just yell, if you need me. I gonna go see what I can find out about these Malakh. Adios!//

    "Later, Alphonso. And be careful!"

    Carolyn sat quietly, rubbing Max's head as she sat in thought. After Berruin left, Lyn grabbed a few of her books and started reading. She then packed in her purse, a few extra items she thought might be useful for this upcoming.. what? Slaughter? It sure didnt feel like a battle to her. In a battle, things were planned. You knew your enemy, and there weak spots if any. Something. These Malakh seemed to enjoy leaving them in the dark about such important matters. And these Shedim..that little scene they saw earlier didnt help one bit! What were they supposed to do about that!

    Guess they would find out soon enough.


    January 27, 2012

    No warning. Not one bloody word. She had just finished getting up, making sure her items were packed and on her, and had given specific instructions to the girl who helped her with the shop. And what to do, just in case. She had taken Max for a walk just as Alf had showed up.

    And then..

    "The main assault will be coming in from here," Fravashi said, indicating the diagram. They were in a briefing room located someplace she guessed in the Malakh dimension. The Malakh was beginning to outline the main nuances of the Malakh strategy. She would consider screaming at the moment, interjected with a few well placed curses, but instead she took a seat. Alf cursed in several languages.

    "That?s going to be composed mostly of Malakh, and will be acting primarily as a diversion for you folks and the two other groups of humans. Your task,"[/i] he indicated a red "X" on the diagram, "Is to deal with the Shedim control nexus here. With that out of the way, we?ll be able to disorganize approximately a third of their forces."

    He shook his head. "Unfortunately, they?ve got something in there powerful enough to neutralize our ability to teleport you accurately. We could still get you there, but without proper control you?re looking at a 50ish percent chance of appearing inside a rock."

    OH yeah.. Somplace, God was laughing. And she thought it was hysterical....

    Fravashi paused for effect. "And so, rather than go with that admittedly unpleasant option, we?re going to be moving you folks in as closely as possible, which is here." On cue, a blue X, about two miles southeast of the red X, appeared. "Thanks to our diversion, we should be able to keep the amount of forces you run into under control. Also, try to avoid civilian contact, the ?memory haze? I put up in Newark isn?t going to work with this many Shedim running around," he noted in reference to the method he had explained to Berruin two days prior. "Of course, if they get into trouble, by all means feel free to assist them."

    "I know I?ve said this before, but we?re counting on you folks to get this accomplished. If we can beat the Shedim here, we might even be able to put an end to their aggression once and for all. Any last questions?"

    LAST question, was probably more accurate than she wished to admit
  22. Sir_Draco Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 19, 2007
    star 4
    Updated him . . .

    Combat
    - Melee 8 + 2 = 10
    - Ranged 8 + 4 = 12
    - Spiritual Attacks 1
    - Spiritual Enhancements 1
    - Physical Defense 8 + 2 = 10
    - Spiritual Defense 4 + 2 = 6



    Two days earlier . . .

    Rufus Jameson
    Nepal, Palace

    It was human nature. Someone shouted and you obeyed. Duck and you fell to the ground. Run and you found yourself fleeing. Shut up and you kept your mouth. Authority was all about you saying something and the rest of the world did just as they were told . . .
    But shoot and he would gun down a guy he did not know? No way. He did not trust Lilith. He may have began to like her, but he was far from sure she had anybodies best interests in mind. Not to think about his own . . .
    When she did her trick, showed her true colours, he wasn´t really tempted to stare at her. The woman was so bound to sexual interpetation of actions she needed to read some Freud. No, his first instinct was to shot her. Supernatural as she was, it seemed she was about to attack the man who was sitting there with the King. A man who had done nothing so far to show himself to be a threat.

    The automatic flipped into Rufus hand and he turned to Lilith. "Rufus... be careful."

    "While executing two unarmed men?" He asked. Obviously the King would know a way to defend himself. He had something of an accomplished fighter in the way he carried himself. But that was little help against men with guns. Very little help. Had this been her plan? He had been allowed to get his guns into the palace, so he could kill some people? Nevertheless, he raised his gun. Not pointing it to anyone in special, but the whole crowd. He would shoot ´em all or none, he had decided. Just the way he had survived Tallahassee.

    "So, please everybody calm down and TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON?" He shouted out. Drawing his back-up from the boot. Two guns for three people. That was what he had expected to be his trip to Nepal. Much trouble for nothing. And a giant non-smoking area.


    Tag: Fin, Sinre, Trimaj, ramza/>
  23. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    ooc: Me? A monster? As much as I feel honored to be mentioned in Sinre´s profile . . . it must be a msitake in name :p Sinre, you must mean someone else :D
    Well, let´s talk about monsters . . . :D


    The Man
    Palace, Nepal

    "Oh, how I missed these melodramatic introductions." He laughed. His glance wandering from the King to Lilith. He had not given her a single glance while she had revealed herself. Now he was looking at her and his smile grew to a monstrous grin. The snake, the beauty, the age. He had almost forgotten what it was to see her in her true form.

    Dadamm. Dadamm. Dadamm. Dadamm.

    Slowly he came to his feet. Listening to the rythm of the drums. His eyes seemed to grow darker while doing so. His frame a little taller. Not growing, but seemingly more stretched into length. It was a hint at his true self. Not the whole image. Just enough to remind her. Who he was.
    "My King, may I introduce you to Lilith? The woman who made snake-skin a fashion-thing fourteen thousands years before the seventies?" He laughed out and let his cup drop to the floor. "WELCOME!" He then cried out and in maniac laughter threw his hands to the side. The room growing darker.
    "Still not understood, sweety? You can break my heart, but you can´t make it stop pumping." He stepped back and the shadows thickened. His voice only a hiss. His tongue licking his lips, somehow more reptialian than it should be.

    Then suddenly he layed his head to the side and with a stentorian voice he began . . .

    . . . to sing.

    When you were young
    and your heart was an open book
    You used to say live and let live
    you know you did
    you know you did
    you know you did


    Dadamm. Dadamm. Dadamm. Dadamm.


    The rythm of his drums fit perfectly into his song. He had hoped it. Deep down in his heart he had hoped he would drink the sweet vitae of elder life. It was her.

    Ignoring Rufus and the King he closed his eyes. And the shadows became alive. Floating towards Lilith like the biblical flood. they would suck the life out of anything they touched. Like an extension of his very nature . . .

    But if this ever changin
    in which we live in
    Makes you give in and cry
    Say live and let die
    Live and let die


    Let die, let die, let die.

    Dadamm. Dadamm. Dadamm.



    Tag: Sinrebirth, Sir_Draco, Trimaj, Ramza (I think we need some rules, here. Or we can do it with common sense)




    />
  24. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    Peng, Trim - do you want to do any character development-y stuff that takes place in the 2-day time jump?


    IC: Kale Elysar
    Malakh Briefing Room, Somewhere

    Kale was only half paying attention to Putto. His gaze flickered over their surroundings, the diagram, and the group of strangers standing a little off to the other side of the room talking to another Malakh - okay, so the people he had met two days ago in an alley in London could hardly be classified as not strangers, but he knew their names, at least. Interesting operation, this. Surely the Malakh weren't so desperate that they were calling in every human with abilities they knew of?

    But of course they were. He and Mina had gotten in.

    Putto finished his briefing. Kale did an internal double-take; was that all? Apparently he wasn't the only one who thought that, too, for immediately several others chimed in with various questions and exclamations of disbelief. He rather felt like they did; this was sketchy to the max. No wonder the Shedim were winning.

    "What will we be facing?" Kale added to the clamour. "More dogs? Or what?"

    TAG: London, Chicago (if you guys are within earshot)
  25. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Laaxtiin Bach Kiar
    The Ready Room of Fravashi the Malakh

    Two days prior

    He walked to the campus asking directions from the other two headed that way, a cute couple he guessed. Still in that awkward phase, not that he was to judge since he wasn't in one at the moment but with the mission they were chosen for it seemed ripe for a wirl-wind romance. One he hoped to see unfold in time.

    He made arrangments on campus and played a few songs that night, he lamented outloud his tardiness to that empty room as he played several funeral durge's on the organ, it mirroring his soul. The following day he would visit the magic shop woman in the morning, and then he would return here and he play his farewell to those beyond his reach. But for now, for now he wept removing his goggles as he leaned against the organ his tears screaming down his face to fall on and between those blessed, tainted mixed keys. So his new day was destined to have ended.

    Present

    His head nodded slightly at the magic womans words, after she spoke up at the end of the introduction. His hands were still frozen in mid-air go through the final motions of the song he had been pulled away from, the only noise of which was the tune coming to conclussion in his own mind with that last tones of farewell.

    Her words were crude but she had a point, "Like she says it is not wise to send a tourist with a spear to hunt a lion, when all he has ever known is a house-cat named Gar-field."

    TAG: HanSolo & associate, Ktala, Delaware Group

    OOC:
    Didn't know if you wanted to do any retcon or not so this is an open invitation if anyone does want to with Little Fugue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.