main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Aria of the Soul

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ramza, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    IC: Dan Conway
    4 knives left

Dan was happy that he had decided to dash behind the dumpster, he really didn't understand what he was going to do next however. The three active participants, Cid,The Priest, and The Monk were all in a group fighting terrible odds against the hellhounds. They were all doing some amazing looking stuff though, Dan was pretty impressed. Maybe he could somehow help them out though, another knife throw was probably the best bet but he only had 4 left.

There was no other choice, Dan resolved that he would just have to find some other tools in some of the houses if he survived. He was in no immediate danger (He was pretty grateful for three guys deciding to take all the hell hounds) and so slowly inched out from the cover of his dumpster. Slowly but surely he pulled the knife out and took aim. At that moment he saw that the Monk had some form of energy sword in his hand and was about to strike at one of the hell hounds. Dan reasoned quickly that even if it was overkill the knife would help out. As the Monk began chanting words his energy sword began to glow brightly, and Dan threw another knife towards the beasts side, hoping to at least immobilize it for a second while the monks attack did it's work.

TAG: blubeast1237 (Anubis), greyjedi125, Imperial_Hammer, Apadamek, Rally_Fan_84, Hammurabi, Beeblebroxh2g2, (MIB)

2. WINKWINK

WINKWINK Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Berruin Hashier.
    Newark Delaware
    earlier

Berruin walked into the flower shop and got a huge smile from the girl behind the counter before she ran up and hugged him.
    "Berruin! I haven't seen in forever" she said still smiling up at him.
    "Hello Kerry" the big man said, his face splitting in a rare smile.
    Shortly after he had started the search for his missing family he had taken a job from a mob boss to keep this flower shop running after it became a popular place for Shedim to cross into the physical. Not huge ones of course just imps and the like. So they gave him the shop as part of his payment and he ran it for a few weeks while the back "Room" did the real business.
    After killing a few dozen one or two at a time over three weeks, he weathered through a concentrated attack of he didn't know how many, and the problem was ended afterward. The Mob boss was very appreciative, and on top of the info he was after,gave him the pick of any one of anything in the back room. Was probably planning on trying to buy him.
    That's when he met Malcolm. Malcolm ran the back room and had been instructed to give Berruin his reward. The backroom was actually a greenhouse with a warehouse underneath it. Malcolm showed Berruin a huge range of ammunition, guns, grenades, other explosives, cars, elicit substances. and one last backdoor.
    When Malcolm had tried to, subtly, draw Berruins attention away from that door he had aroused the Big mans curiosity. When he opened the door he found Kerry. Upon seeing a young girl naked, dirty and crouching in the corner in fear, he had grabbed Malcolm by the front of his shirt and slammed him into the wall. Seeing the obvious shame in the black mans eyes was the only thing that stopped him from killing him.
    "I'll take her" he said instead "Get her some clothes and food" he released Malcolm, and his next words made the dealers mouth drop open.
    "Your the new owner, you enslave anymore children and I'm burning you".

He killed the mob boss and his lieutenants at their homes over the next week. Made them look like suicides or hits, planted evidence and wiped out any evidence of the Florist from the books.
    Guns he could take, explosives he could take, stolen property, even drugs. But he liked kids.

He returned to the shop with the intention to run it for a few more weeks to keep an eye on Malcolm.
    He found out that Kerry parents had been deep in debt with the Boss, and the Boss had killed them and taken Kerry as payment, she was fifteen and had no other family. What was supposed to be a few weeks turned into him living in the city when he wasn't in the field.
    He eventually became friends with Malcolm, the boss had thought he was a hardened criminal because Malcolm had lied and told him that he was his brother, who had died in a car bomb, planted by a street punk who he had pissed off. The body went unidentified and Malcolm, who had always looked similar, had cut his hair and claimed to be his brother shaved.

"And dat landed me diss Nice cooshy job runnin de store room in da back oh dis pretty shop" he had said one evening after they had eaten with Kerry in the front.

"Store room" Kerry had asked incredulously

"Well... more storeroom den Black Market warehouse, in my home town of Chicago, there where the biggest buildings yeh ever seen filled with all sorts of military and prototype weapons an-" a snort from Berruin cut him off in mid sentence "Well, maybe I exaggerate a bit"

"Malcolm how old are you" Kerry had asked after a moment.

"I am seventeen, but I con take care of myself"

At this Berruin had interposed "Your brother must have had quite a reputation for someone to be excepted who looks as young as you"

"Yes he did, but i told people dat teh beard was just to hide my youtfull appearence, and on top of dat, my other bredda has a Fierce reputation himself, and he likes me" Malcolm had said laughing "Noobody wants to mess wit my older bredda"

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    GM Note: Yep, another update, as promised. If you didn?t get a post in, you effectively took a pass action, but most of the folks that were getting attacked did post, so it seemed only fair to update the combat situation.

This post also introduces the concept of the ?Critical Defense,? which only applies when fighting NPCs. I think you?ll find its benefits much appreciated.

January 25, 2012

IC: Metatron, the Lesser Tetragrammaton
    Spiritual Realm of the Malakh

?Several humans have answered my calls for assistance. Many have not. The Lesser Malakh are besieged by legions of Shedim. Never before has this war reached such a head. I cannot help but wonder what the consequences for the realm of men will be.?

- The Hundred and First Scroll of Metatron, the Lesser Tetragrammaton

?To think the Cube had this kind of power?? Michael remarked, his hand cradling his chin in a look of contemplation. ?Typically the Shedim are forced to make use of one or two gates at a time. For them to have opened them all like this??

?As I have written, this is the Final conflict between us. We have all known it would come to this,? Metatron replied, dipping his quill in his inkwell. ?I am almost inclined to say that I would be surprised by a lesser challenge.?

?Why have so few humans responded?? Michael shot back, his look one of obvious displeasure. ?You said there would be more, you said??

?I said that those who wish to aid us shall aid us. Be more concerned about the consequences of those we have recruited falling into Shedim hands. Never before have??

?Humans been entreated with such power. Yes, my Liege, I am aware of this,? Michael replied. ?The question is, what will happen as a result??

Metatron saw the truth in this, and returned to his scroll.

[i][link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmmZyTwVVqY][b]IC: Beelzebub[/b][/link]
    ????[/i]

Why was it, Beelzebub wondered, that he was always the one who got sent on these assignments? Did Ba?al find the Shedim?s particular methods of recruiting entertaining? Or did Samael prefer sending out the most easily replaced of his minions? No matter. Beelzebub rather enjoyed the antics of these humans.

?Take this group, for example,? he thought aloud, confident that no one would hear him. ?Carrying on, fighting the advance troops of Samael?s glorious invasion, blissfully unaware that with just a second, with just a [i]touch[/i] of Metatron?s Cube, any one of them could reshape the universe! Oh, Metatron, my good sir, you really have outdone yourself!?

Soon, now, it would be time for him to reveal himself. But not yet. Let them interact first, fight together. Then tear them apart. It was such a delightfully chaotic scheme, it made him want to smile.

Of course, half of him always [i]was[/i] smiling.

[hr]

[i][link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZnTQbXSKpE&feature=related]Near the University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, USA[/link][/i]

With a crack of his 22, [b]Berruin[/b] reduced the hell hound to so much ash as he circled around to position himself near [b]Lyn[/b], who was still chanting away her latest spell. Suddenly, with an accompanying whoosh of air, two of the hell hounds were swept up and summarily deposited through the Gate of Azazel. For now.

This time, [b]Everett?s[/b] bullets struck true, piercing through one end of the hell hound and out the other. The resulting cloud of dust was impressive, assuming one found such things interesting. The other attempted to assault him once more, but was again held back by [b]Claire?s[/b] shield. Some critters never learned.

The hellhound that had attacked [b]Nobody[/b] found itself being pummeled by a blast of [b]Jeffrey?s[/b] flame attack, which provided just enough damage for Nobody?s blades to strike true, cleaving the hell hound into several comically-well defined chunks before the pieces exploded in a cloud of harmless debris. This led one of its brethren to attempt a rather pathetic retaliatory strike that earned it a pierced underbelly court

4. WINKWINK

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Berruin Hashier
    Newark

This time his shot found it's mark, blasting the hound to ash, and at this range covering him in it.

"... hell has seen to much Blade" he concluded.

He saw two more just disappear as he sheathed his sword and crouched to opened his pack and shove his shotgun into it, keeping an eye on the fighting out in front of him.

as he stood up he saw two more ash clouds appear as the swordsmen and the masked man almost simultaneously dispatched their immediate opponents. the swordsmen then injured another as the last one was repelled by an unseen wall.wait, last one... no there where eight then his eyes found the last, over by the swordsmen.

Once he placed himself close enough to the group behind him that he could help them if there where any surprises, but was also blocking them from attack from the front.

He took careful aim at the uninjured one a few feet away from the swordsmen and fired once.

"Any of you got a Cell Phone?"

TAG
    Delaware.

OCC sorry Rahmza I hadn't realized I'd done that

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Nazmina Lazzal/ Downtown London/ England
    Some alley

Everything went about as planned. Demonspawn, meet wall. Wall, hell hound. It was not a terribly amicable meeting, as the dog type beast was flying at a rather high velocity towards the wall. There was a smack and the sound of several bones breaking before the thing disintegrated into a cloud of dust. Mina smiled slightly. That was the way to kill a dog.

Glancing around she saw other clouds of ash similarly dispersing and sighed slightly. Nothing left to kill. Bugger. With that she walked back over towards where Kale resided. Absently she fingered at the rents in her coat sleeve, knowing how long it was going to take to get them fixed. Molecular manipulation was not her strong point by any means. It was why the chain had taken years, even while carving it with air. Small was something she'd been working on most of her life, and likely would be for the rest of it.

The fool translator started talking and asking questions, but no one was really given the chance to respond as someone thumped to the ground behind him. Great. Just what we need, Him to show up. She knew the Shedim who had just appeared. Had even spoken with him recently, which made the current interferrence just that much more curious. Was Samael really so impatient? He had even known that the Malakh were recruiting humans to fight the incursions. It made no sense, unless the demon was there to try and turn some of them? Patience. It should be clear momentarily. And she found that she did agree with the odd perversion of a man, Geoffrey did talk to much.

Holding out a hand to the others, "Don't attack him unless you have a death wish." Her lilting voice was again rather quiet, but the tone brooked no disagreement. Nazmina was used to having people listen to her, as long as they weren't Mr. Reading, and even he did on occassion. But every one of them should be able to feel the power, and darkness flowing off of the being who stood before them. If not the darkness behind the mask should provide them with enough of a hint.

Having looked everyone in the eye Mina took a step forward, basically demanding the right of leadership in the action. That and having shown she was definitely the power in the spiritual department. "What do you want, Shedim?" Lazzal tried to pretend like she didn't know the demon standing before her rather personally. All just part of the job, supposedly. The irksome part.

TAG: LONDON, GM

:snoopy

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Lilith
    Car, Nepal streets

"I do believe there is also enlightenment involved, but you seem to not appreciate that aspect of life so much. We can see about replacing that aspect with something more physically substantial I suspect."

Lilith took that as her cue, her smile growing wider, and to fold her legs, pulling at the hem of her dress and exposing more of her leg. She doubted Rufus would fail to notice. The King would notice, as well. He was somewhat deviant in those addictions of his, so she idly wondered if he would notice this time.

There was something fundamentally interesting in all this. The power play between the King and the Fool, with the Lover between them all. Lilith leaned forward, closing her eyes slowly, brushing hair away from her eyes as it fell. Time to move things along. "Where are we heading, master?"

Lilith had no master. All men believed they owned her, of course - how could they not? Lilith produced a rather sharp file from her sleeve - held up there by her watch, another bauble from the King - and began filing away one of her nails, idly looking at them, but also taking the time to analyse Rufus from a purely physical perspective, eyes flittering up his body, masking such scrutiny behind female ritual. "Surely you're curious as to what the master has planned for you, sir?"

TAG: Sir_Draco, Trimaj

7. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: just a really quick one, as it seems to fit. shouldn't really add much for you to do draco.

IC: Avinash Ekagrah/ Car in the Streets/ Kathmandu/ Nepal
    Heading to the Palace

Lilith was very good at reading situations. Too good at times. Avinash tried to ignore her stretching, but being male it was rather impossible. The fact that it was a seeming offer of reward simply made it that much more irritating. If she would not sleep with him, she damned well was not going to sleep with this scruffy looking detective. Assuming he had any say in it, of course. For you see, the King had learned some time ago that he did not control her, regardless of the appearance the woman tried to present. Normally it was flawless around others, but in private... Well, in private Lilith was next to impossible.

As time had gone on, and their relationship (such as it was) flourished, Ekagrah was less than certain she actually was human. Her appeance changing so much was something of a red flag in that regard. So Avinash had stopped really trying to get her into his bed, but that didn't stop the act or the baubles. Nor did it erase jealousy at her flaunting herself to another man.

Then she called him master. Not Master, with a capital M. No, this was the fake master. Most people wouldn't really catch it, but since she had a tendency to flaunt his wishes it was rather obviously all a grand joke to her. If anyone else had done this they would likely have already been dead, but Lilith was too valueable. And I'm unsure I could even kill her. Turning his attention to the question she had asked, "Back to the palace. Where else would we go? Our guest surely wishes to rest after his flight, and it would be most rude to take him anywhere else." His voice still did not rise above the serpentine hiss, niggling at the ear as though there were a fly there.

There were times Avinash truly hated Lilith. Then there were times that he thought love was the only thing possible for her. Devious woman. What game is she playing? What does she know? None of these thoughts crept into the Kings face, he was far too practiced to make such a mistake as that.

TAG: DRACO, SINRE

:snoopy

8. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Rufus Jameson
    Limousine, Nepal

"I do believe there is also enlightenment involved, but you seem to not appreciate that aspect of life so much. We can see about replacing that aspect with something more physically substantial I suspect." The Old King said.

The woman, Lilith, didn´t miss the opportunity to show what that might be. Beautiful, she surely was. It also was recognized by the King. He tried to fight a smile, but not really hard. Subtle, they were. Just as you tought they would be. But she was out of his league. He was well aware of that. Out of my league, is pretty much the place where I life these days.

Rufus leaned back. "Sure, sounds good." He only replied. They thought him to be a fool and that gave him an advantage. These people suffered from what all people with power suffered. The ignorance of others. If one was a chief-pimp in New Jersey, a Crimeboss, a politician of a mystic, they all came down to the same thing. They all had such a hard time to stay ahead of others. Which makes them unaware of where they actually stood.

He finished his Coke and kept the bottle in his hands. "Surely you're curious as to what the master has planned for you, sir?" The woman asked. It wasn´t the King who replied to that. "Sure." He answered, watching her as much as she watched him. Appearances could be deceiving. He wondered if any of them got the other one right. He so much wanted to smoke right now.

"Back to the palace. Where else would we go? Our guest surely wishes to rest after his flight, and it would be most rude to take him anywhere else." The King stated. Yeah, rude wouldn´t it be? Not as rude as offering him more physical things to buy his services. Or tell him it was a demon who send him here. Things had begun to take shape. They always did, somewhere down the road. These people where above the law. Which was an advantage. The Godcomplex was his favourite psychological flaw. It made people very predictable. It also made them very edgy and dangerous. But he wasn´t here because he wanted to play it safe, was he? He had kissed his miserable little existence goodbye before he had entered the plane to nowhere.

"With all due respect, your Majesty, I had a pretty good scotch-induced nap on the flight. I haven´t come here to rest. I am here on a buisness trip. So I need to know what is expected of me. So I might call my prize and after we have settled the terms . . . do the job." He leaned forward. "Therefore I´d say you should contact your informant, soon and we should begin." He smiled. Knowing he was hiding behind professionalism. Which meant he had now joined the club of people sitting in this car and wearing a mask.

He wondered if they had ever read this gemran guys play. Faust. He loved it. They would be shocked to learn it told everything about them. Everything there was to know.

"I think these beings you described so colourful have no great patience, do they?"

He so much wanted to smoke, right now.

Tag: Trimaj, Sinrebirth, ramza

9. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Saito Sakimori
    UK, England, Downtown London

Saito pulled out a cloth from his cleaning kit and, holding his katana in front of him, wiped the dust from his blade before sheathing it. A look around told him that the others had managed to defeat their own beasts, the area now clear and quiet.

Well, except for Richards.

?Wait, you folks? you stopped them? You beat those? things?! And what the bloody ?ell was all of that? Swords and guns and explosions and? and whatever the girl did! Who are you people anyway??

Saito ignored the man's rant for now, instead inspecting the rest of the group. They all seemed fine...except the woman with the camera. The swordsman was able to see that she had her own blood on her. A shame. Another look and Saito spotted the bum from before. He was actually a little surprised by that, having expected that man to have run off once the dogs had appeared. But no...from the way it looks and what Saito had noted during the fight with his hound, the man may've actually been helping.

?Geoffrey Richards of London, England, formerly of York? has anyone ever told you that you talk too damn much??

Hm? Raising a hand, Saito started to dust off his own self while he turned to look at their newest guest, his head tilting slightly as he regarded him. An interesting getup, what with the tuxedo and hat. And the face... Saito turned to fully face the newcomer, his arms dropping back to his sides while his eyes narrowed.

TAG: darthramza, DarthXan318, Trimaj, NickLityouAFlame, Ktala, Penguinator

10. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Kale Elysar
    Downtown London, England

Very few things could withstand two headshots from a sniper rifle, and hellhounds did not fall into that category. Kale's bullet connected with its throat just as it gathered itself to spring again, and it exploded into a cloud of ash.

Coldly satisfied, Kale turned away, searching for another target -

But none remained. Everyone was standing around covered in varying degrees of dust, even the reporter chick - in fact, she was now holding a pistol rather than a camera - and the homeless guy. Kale had assumed he was merely a denizen of the alley, but he had clearly done something to the dog that strayed too near him and his pile of trash. So he was one of them after all - Kale fixed him with a curious, evaluating gaze. Who would've guessed.

The translator, on the other hand, was not. He started babbling immediately, only to be cut off by a man wearing a Guy Fawkes mask. No - not a man. Just like the one who had come by their place earlier, he was not a man. Unlike their earlier visitor, however, he was not a Malakh - quite the opposite, in fact. While Petral had radiated light, this one radiated darkness.

Kale was entirely unsurprised when Mina spoke, having evidently arrived at the same conclusion.

Calmly, he flicked the bolt back, chambering another round in his rifle. The click was loud and obvious in the now-silent alley. Appearances must be maintained, after all.

TAG: London Crew - Trimaj, Sarge, Peng, Nick, Ktala, Ramza

11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    GM Approved[face_pumpkin]

Name: Laxtiin Bach Kiar (Little Fugue)
    Appearance: 7?9? tall, hairless, pale with graying complexion, and sunken features though deceptively strong given slender proportions. Wears loose black garments and a charcoal trench coat, with a pair of leather goggles with one way mirrors obscuring his eyes.
    Inventory: A thick spear with a split head, two crescents on either side and regular tip at a ninety degree angle. The head can be removed and held by the handle while the pole is used as a rod separately. A quill, fountain pen, space pen, ten pencils, a large pad, lute, and sheath for head of spear. All contained in deep pockets of his trench coat. (Leather goggles act as spiritual focus, second focus is his lute.)
    Combat
    - Melee: 9 (Hand-to-hand combat and close-quarters weapons)
    - Ranged: 1 (Guns, throwing knifes, etc)
    - Spiritual Attacks: 1 (For when guns and knives don?t cut the mustard, these spiritual assaults will)
    - Spiritual Enhancements: 4 (From healing statuses to enhancing combat abilities, here?s where it goes)
    - Physical Defense: 10 (How good are you at resisting or dodging physical force?)
    - Spiritual Defense: 5 (As above, but Spiritual force)
    Persona: Calm, always at the center of the eye of an unmovable storm, always finding ways to ease tensions or solve problems, he is a born advisor. He is most in his element when speaking one on one, he can often can persuade or ease his way into neutrality while steering a situation. Though action is almost always a viable option, he tries to work in a bit of peace where possible.

Biography: He is a giant among men, and always has been, though his parents always called him their little fugue masterpiece. He was born in the far southern reaches of Africa in South Africa, and raised on the outskirts of nowhere. Where he met and was taught by a traveling priest of his spiritual abilities and by the tribes that had stayed with the old ways, and men who ran from society for different reasons, how to fight up close.

He has roamed the earth since he reached an ability where he could beat his physical teachers that passed through his families and the local tribes homes, seeking what has started his long journey of seeing and doing what he can for the areas he passes. Some have called him the giant vigilante extraordinaire, others ashen angel, either way he takes his time and passes along picking up the odd protection job or bounty to collect. He has passed through many circles because of this as he sees dangers and ways to escape readily and slip into another day despite his size and to find a new?serenity. Mostly he finds it by playing his music, whether alone or in cathedrals and performance halls, if he finds a way to enter.

IC: Little Fugue
    Near the University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware USA

It had been a nice walk he found today, he found himself in the USofA still. A long way from what he used to call home, but such was his life and his journey so far in this troubled world. He went along his rod was used as a walking staff, clicking with every other step across the ground, as he wound his way through this city. He had somewhere to be, but new cities were often a problem when it came to finding the locations which now had made him late.

He heard something and paused for a moment turning his head toward the noise that quickly became noises, it was a commotion not far off. He turned and began following the noise at this point, not to uncommon a traight when there was nothing better to do, such as when lost. He picked up his pace as gunfire and what sounded like possibly a struggle continued, where there was a struggle and gunshots there was something to do to at least pass the time and restore some semblance of peace and quiet. Who knew, it might just be where and what he had been searching for.

As he rounded a final corner he came to an unusual sight, a beast that best could be described as a hellhou

12. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Nibiru Vajra

Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois, USA

Smoke and Ash. That's all that was left of the Hell hounds by the time Nibiru and the hitherto nameless gunslinger had dealt with it.

"Are you alright?..." Nibiru asked of the man with the guns.

Still imbued with his spiritual armor and weapons, Nibiru ignored the pain on his back and shoulder and took a moment to look around him.

By the sound of things, he deduced that the other spiritualists were successfully dealing with the hellish hounds they were engaged with. The sound of a dying Hell hound was indeed the stuff of nightmares to those who've been sheltered from such things. Only after the fact did Nibiru espy the Egyptian with his guantltes, the Knife-thrower and the lady with the spear.

Nibiru had to do a quick double take once he'd seen her. Had she grown...wings??

Not letting himself be distracted by that sight, the young monk immediately took stock of the situation in order to assess the present danger and threat level. From the looks of it, there were no 'human' casualties thus far, and that was a big relief. A quick glance to the side revealed that the priest who aided them was not only unharmed, but still praying and funneling spiritual power to the gunslinger and himself.

Nibiru gave a slight nod in undertsanding at this.

His spiritual focus, the vajra, still evinced discordant vibrations, though not as powerfully as it did moments ago. Apparently, not all their enemies had been vanquished.

Two Hell hounds remained.

Triangulating their location would be relatively easier now that there were fewer of them about. To facilitate this, Nibiru enhanced his senses of sight and hearing and was able to almost immediately pin-point one of the remaining hell hounds. It was about to attack a lone woman, who was attempting to keep it at bay with... pepper spray?

"There's one of them!" Nibiru declared loud enough for the gunslinger to hear, even as he took off running at top speed. With a thought, the Spirit Chain was transformed into a second Spiritual Sword. Nibiru called on every fiber of his being and what powers were at his disposal to make a prodigious leap. The glowing blades traced patterns in the air, even as he angled himself to land upon the beast, which was presently focused on the hapless female.

He could only hope he was not too late to reach her in time.

Tag: GM, Rally_Fan, Imperial_Hammer, Apadamek, Hammurabi, Blubeast, Beedlebroxh

13. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Fr. Benson

The Father was very happy to see the two men he had prayed for doing well. They had dispatched the original infernal creatures and were attaching the others. Various people around him were saying things to him, and were trying to communicate to him, but the priest blocked them off.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 - "There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven"

And now was not the time to socialize. It was a time of spiritual focus and communion with God. The Lord had heard his prayer, and was protecting them so far. The Father vowed to continue his prayers for their safety and for their strength.

"As these warriors travel through the valley of Satan, let them know no fear. And let them fly on the Wings of Angels, away from the harm and temptation of the evil one. Guide their Swords, Saint Michael, along the paths of righteousness, and have their blows land true"

The Father made the sign of the cross.

"In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, Amen."

TAG: Chicago Group

14. Rally_Fan_84

Rally_Fan_84 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2009
    IC: Cid Bowe

[i]*To say offing the two hellhounds with the help of a newfound ally was satisfying would have been an understatement. Although not a drinker, the monk clearly was no pushover and was willing to fight, something that Cid reckoned would be vital in the near future.*
    [/i]
    [color=royalblue]"Are you alright..."[/color]

[i]*Cid heard the question, but never replied. Aside from the already strange and frightening Hellhounds, one of the other people there had grown wings, something one does not see every day. However, it seemed that the monk and Cid noticed trouble at the exact same time, because he laid eyes on a young woman who was pointing pepper spray and backing away from something that was blocked by the scuffle of other bodies, but given the circumstances of the day he could only assume it was another hellhound.

This realization came at the same time the monk said...*[/i]

[color=royalblue]"There's one of them!"[/color]

[i]*...and while the statement seemed ambiguous, either his natural cynicism or something else told him that this was not good. With one round in the chamber, Cid changed magazines and started sprinting in a diagonal route in relation to the woman, while yelling out to the monk*[/i]

"Cover the girl, just stay clear of my line of fire!"

[i]*As he yelled, the beast became apparent, bearing down on her. Cid raised his gun and pointed it in the direction of the creature. Once again his pistol barked three times, sending three rounds out to intercept the abomination before it could bear down on the woman and rip her throat out*
    [/i]
    [b]Tag[/b]: Nibiru (Grayjedi), Chicago Group

15. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    IC: Claire, Delaware

As soon as Claire had affirmed that she could keep the hell hound confined inside the wall she had created, she then worked on a second phase to keeping it away from others. Now she would attempt to destroy it. The wind blew a few wisps of hair across her face but she ignored it as she focused on the disgusting creature. She watched it try to get out several times but this proved ineffective. Serves you right you freaky little demon dog.

Time to get rid of it. Her mind momentarily strayed to the others and what they were doing but she forced her it under control and focused on what she was about to do. Claire focused all of her spiritual energy on one thing, fire. With her hand still gripping her pendant, she caused a small explosion of fire inside the wall, hoping it would incinerate the beast that she held captive.

TAG: Delaware Group

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    GM Notice: 48 Hour warning. Get those posts in![face_peace]

17. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Everett White/Ronald White
    Near Campus in Newark, Delaware, USA

Ronald remarked, monotonously, on the abundance of dust, that flew from the hell hounds wound. Everett puffed on his cigar, and Ronald said, ?Smoking leads to lung cancer.? Everett sarcastically opened his mouth wide. He muttered to himself, ?No ****ing way. Really?? Ronald answered affirmatively, and Everett rolled his eyes again.

The hell hound that Everett had shot was coming back around for another swipe, but some enchantment kept it from touching him. Everett pulled the stogy from his mouth and holstered his Beretta. He summoned a ethereal blade with his focus, and sent it hurtling down towards the dog, aiming to chop it in half. Everett placed the cigar back in his mouth.

Tag: Ramza, Deleware

---

Aspen Cain
    Downtown London, England, UK

Aspen pulled herself to her feet and then pulled back out her camera. She slipped the strap over her head and let the camera rest against her chest. Aspen contemplated stowing her gun, but the arrival of a menacing masked figure changed her mind. She enabled the gun?s safety, with an audible click.

Aspen stared in awe, at the newcomer. Decked in silken fabric, complete with an iconic top hat, this man, or whatever, had captured the attention of the entire group. The mask covering his face, if he had one, was split in half, down the middle. One side featured the mask of comedy, and the other, the mask of tragedy.

Aspen started to raise her camera, but stopped midway, and thought. She didn?t want to aggravate this man. Aspen kept her camera around halfway to her face.

Tag: Ramza/London

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Jeffrey Bryant
    Near the University, Newark, Delaware, USA

The beast howled violently as it staggered under the fire attack issuing from his fingertips, flames and smoke curling around the creature's head and obscuring its eyes as it backpedaled directly into the masterful blades of the man he had set out to assist. The creature let out one last, mournful cry before bursting into a cloud of dust and ash.

Jeff issued a deep sigh as the dust cloud washed over him but he refused to lower his resolve. Three creatures still remained and he would only allow himself to relax once they were thrust back into the very gates of Hell in which they had come.

The crucifix dangling around his neck seemed to be throbbing now, the metal hot against his breast as the energy continued to flow through him. Closing his eyes, he focused that energy into the form of a whirlwind and using his enhancement techniques, caused it to grow to the size of one of the hounds bearing down on them. With a quick outward thrust of his hands, Jeff sent the cyclone skirting across the macadam on a trajectory to engulf the closest beast.

"Any of you got a Cell Phone?" a voice suddenly rang out above the sound of the howling wind around his ears.

Furrowing his brow as he struggled to keep his focus, Jeff turned his head marginally in the direction of the distraction, squinting against the strands of hair slapping back against his face from the wind. "Who in their right mind would make a phone call at a time like this?!" he called in a hoarse voice.

TAG: Ramza, WINKWINK, Delaware Group

19. WINKWINK

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Berruin Hashier
    Delaware

"Who in their right mind would make a phone call at a time like this?!"

Berruin took his eyes off the combat for a moment to look at this person, not even bothering to see if his shot hit.

"Don't know, you got a phone?"

TAG HANSOLO...29!!!!!!

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Carolyn Summers (Lyn)
    Near Campus in Newark, Delaware, USA

Lyn grinned as two of the dogs disappeared, but it was a brief smile. She was still busy with her spell, and it was taking effort. There were still several dogs left, so between her two spells, it was taking everything she had, to keep them going.

Her mind flashed back to when she had first been contacted. No, this was not what she expected at all. And these other people. Some of them were as scary as the hell hounds. The auras were amazing. Defiantly not what she thought at all.

Lyn shook her head, as she watched the dogs around her. She just wished this little task was over. But until then, she kept up her spells.

TAG: Newark Group

Mac..
    Downtown London, England, UK

Mac relaxed when the last dog disappeared, in a wonderful noisy sort of way. And then there was silence. He relaxed, rubbing his chin, before he turned, and walked back to his cart. He carefully counted his stack.

They were safe.

As he put back a small brick on a stack of newspapers, and sat down next to his cart, he suddenly noticed the arrival of someone else. No, not a someone. He scowled, but said nothing, as he carefully rubbed his plastic bags with a free hand. Yes, he could care less what this costumed thing said, as long as it was not attacking. Since nobody else seemed interested in him, he sat near his stuff, slowly counting the bags. He had done good. They told him so.

Since nothing else appeared to be happening, he reached into his cart, and pulled out a fruit cup, and popping the top, began to eat it slowly, eying the other strange people in the alley, as he simply watched them. What they said, really didnt matter, it was the way their bodies moved, that told him everything that he needed to know.

He rolled the sweet fruit around in his mouth, as he watched.

TAG: London Group

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    GM Note: Update day once again! If you missed posting for some reason, you took a defensive action eligible for countering, as usual. Since we?re out of combat, updates might come more frequently since? well, you?ll figure it out.

January 25th, 2012

IC: Samael, the Lord of Death and King of the Shedim
    The Realm of the Shedim

Samael was not amused. Here was Ba?al, Ba?al his personal attendant and advisor, sniveling like a coward and apologizing profusely because a group of so-called ?awakened? humans had managed to defeat his advance legions in three distinct cities. A minor military setback, at most, yet Ba?al just had to keep sniveling, keep apologizing, keep?

Finally, Samael had had enough. ?Once again, Lord Samael, I am incredibly?? Ba?al began, before his eyes began widening as his Master rose to his feet. ?Oh, no, no need to get up, Lord Samael, I will handle this myself, it is my responsibility, it is thus my??

Samael lifted the vial he always wore around his neck and turned it over. ?No! No not that! Please Lord Samael, I will try harder! I will produce results! Just please, not?!?

A crimson mist flowed from the upturned vial into Ba?al?s nose and mouth. He screamed in agony, and was dead before he even hit the ground.

Clearly, Samael mused sardonically, it was time to pick a new right hand man.

[i][link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBAxgENBYBk]Near the University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, USA[/link][/i]

[i][b]IC: Ahriman, the Lord of the Transient[/b][/i]

Ahriman checked himself in his personal mirror one last time before stepping through the gate. Hair? Perfectly combed. Teeth? Sparkling. Tweed suit? Spotless. Leather gloves? Creaseless. Fedora? Bent at precisely 30 degrees right of parallel to the bridge of his nose. Like always, Ahriman was dressed to kill. In more ways than one.

He stepped through the gateway, and expected to have a great deal of attention drawn to himself. He was no mere hell hound: He was Ahriman, one of Lord Samael?s personal messengers and by far and away one of the most gorgeous of the Shedim.

So his ego was more than a little crushed when he realized that absolutely [i]no one[/i] was paying any attention to him. ?Er? hello? I?m Ahriman, all eyes on me, please?? he whispered, glancing about. There was a hell hound in a dome being burned by a [b]woman with a pendant[/b] and then chopped in half by a [b]man in a mask[/b]. Another hell hound had narrowly avoided a face full of lead from a [b]military type[/b] before getting torn to shreds by a wind blast from a [b]man in a polo shirt[/b], and the last hellhound was punched by a [b]skateboarder[/b] and finished off when half of it was torn back through the gate by a [b]woman with a dog in her bag[/b].

So was it too much to ask that the [b]high school student[/b] and the [b]two swordsmen[/b] notice him? Not to mention the fellow with the spear. ?[i]Hello, I?m Ahriman, all eyes on me, please?[/i]? he repeated, this time a bit louder.

Again no one noticed him. Fine, if that was the way they wanted to play?

He rather deliberately removed a glove from his hand. ?[b]Hello, I?m Ahriman, all eyes on me, please?[/b]? he reiterated. Still, they didn?t notice him. Very well then.

He used his ungloved hand to fire a massive burst of spiritual energy at the [b]high school student[/b], vaporizing her instantly. [b][i][color=red]?HELLO, I?M AHRIMAN. ALL EYES ON ME PLEASE!?[/b][/i][/color] he roared. And then grinned as he replaced his glove. ?Good, glad I?ve got your attention. Pleasure to make your acquaintances,? he added with a tip of his hat.

[b]TAG: Delaware Group[/b]

[hr]

[i][link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTiNRKtFlcs]Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois, USA[/link][/i]

[i][b]IC: Avaddon, the Lord of the Pit[/b][/i]

As he stepped out of the gate, Avaddon recalled just why he liked the Earth so much. Far more appreciable changes in elevation. Take this city, for example: Far lower than the cities in, say, Nepal. He was still abov

22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Laxtiin Bach Kiar (Little Fugue)
    Near the University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, USA

He watched as the others finished decimating the remaining three hell-hounds, this was definitely his appointment and it looked like he had missed at least the beginning. I should of paid for the bus and bought a map, then I wouldn't have been late. Maybe prevented a needless death. He heard a noise from a new individual on the scene besides himself but he wasn't about to be bothered by it and miss the final destruction of the hell-hounds.

Then there was a blinding spiritual energy release that vaporized what had appeared to be a high school student a moment earlier. Then a roar for his attention breaked upon his senses, seeming to flood his ears like the roar of a hungry lion calling its prey captured. He turned to the source of that cry, that defening roar that had cried out like so many brats he had suffered hearing in his life for those about to look at them. And if they had their way you would look only at them for nothing else was worthy, a most laughable idea for all the hundreds he had seen before.

Squatting down he held onto the heft, prepared for any action he should need to take, so that he could look at more of this man than a spotless tweed suit, most outdated, a fedora hat, most fashionable, though lacking a few features of practicality, and gloves without a crease or tear, most likely restrictive if new unless overly supple in leather type.

The new view was more than he had expected for one of such an act of vaporizing a person, hair looked photoshoped to stay so neat, too much free 'hair' time, or else a wig since this was life and not a fantasy picture. The rest was much the same, too perfect in appearance. The man tipped his fedora, saying what a pleasure it was to meet them, "A pleasure I wish I could return Ahriman, for the one you killed I shall merely say a telling acquaintance's introduction." He tipped his head slightly to the side with a forced smile showing yellow and grey stained teeth as it spread then disappeared as his head righted, but he kept his goggled eyes on the individual and the portal near him.

A most telling introduction indeed of both him and soon the group he was with, this was either a great fortune befalling them or their doom, something only time would and could tell at this juncture of the man from Shedim who shone too bright with Narcissus? light.

TAG: The Delaware Group

23. WINKWINK

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Berruin Hashier
    Delaware

Berruin continued to stare at the young man wondering if he was ever going to answer.
    In the background he heard the battle fall to a close and thought not a half bad group... why is this kid just staring at me.

Then the highschooler a few feet away blew...up? apart?

He put his hand to his head and muttered "Ah crap" before turning to the Shedim.
    Upon seeing him he immediately holstered his pistol and prepared to run.

Good, glad I?ve got your attention. Pleasure to make your acquaintances

"Um, hiya" Berruin responded with a wave of his hand

He was quick to add "Sir"

TAG
    ...who do you think?

OCC i've changed the way i quote someone else.

24. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Clive Reading
    London

Clive thought for all of five seconds.

"I reject your offer."

He sheathed his knife calmly.

What need had Clive of anything? He was wealthy. He was anonymous. His life was rewarding. He was happy.

...but then there was Kale. And Nazmina. He was losing whatever control over them he had, day by day. They'd been together for too long, the bond was too close, and he couldn't separate them - they needed to be divided if he could make a lasting impression on either of them. Their potential frightened him; he wouldn't deny it, couldn't deny it. It bothered him. Their first encounter together had been a great risk on Clive's part, and he'd seen some of what Nazmina was capable of. If worse came to worse...Kale can be dealt with quickly. Stay close with the knife, inside his reach. Nazmina...

The old man had no idea how to catch her off guard.

His answer was no longer so certain. Clive was sure that Beelzebub could feel this...

Tag: Ramza, London Group

25. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Lieutenant Richard McCall
    Chicago

By the time Rich had heard the distress call, the fight was almost over. By the time he got out of his squad car it was. He was a long way from home but he felt, nay knew, he had to come here.

When he saw the dog like things, and now the Bull Man he knew he was right.

?Greetings, fellow warriors,? the Bull thing began, ?I?m very impressed by the display you just put on. Not many men, or women for that matter, could take on hell hounds and survive.? He stopped, realizing they were staring. ?Oh, forgive the appearance. I?m? not of this world. I am called Ava.?

"Not of this world huh? Well, I might not be able to get you on the 'Hell Hounds', but I think you didn't exactly have a passport when you passed into this world." McCall said gruffly, pulling out his revolver pointing at the Beast. Not that it mattered, he was gathering energy in his cloak, witch cleverly hid his chainsaw, would fling the damn thing at the thing, while hyped up on his spirit energy, if the beast moved closer.

"By the way, call me crazy for doing so, but I'm going to ask to make sure. Where those things your pets" McCall growled.

TAG: Chicago Group

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.