1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Aria of the Soul

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ramza, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Laxtiin Bach Kiar (Little Fugue)
    Delaware

    He could hear it in his head, the thoughts the ideas of what he would wish for. They built and took form as others talked and move, even the Shedim Diva, the thoughts slowly took form...rebirth of life and being, the death of those that took it or ordered it, and for his family and himself to be invincible.

    He didn't time to think he knew his three wishes, but he could feel it, a second pang worming into his mind from his eye. He turned slowly looking once more at the dead man who's face was no more, because he was late and hadn't sprinted to buy a cab.

    There was his answer, and there was the Shedim's. "I cannot accept, for your boss would not grant my wishes." Giving a slight swallow of his lingering desires he stood once more, please forgive me.

    TAG: Delaware Group
  2. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Nibiru Vajra

    Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois, USA


    Blue lightning issued forth from the mouth of the Egyptian like a mighty river. It was not everyday that Nibiru encountered such a gifted human vessel of spiritual energy. For a moment, he marvelled at the electrical turrent, and knew that it would deliver a mighty blow to the demon!

    The mighty bolt never hit its target as it only dissipated around 'Ava', who was no longer disguised as a Minotaur. Nibiru could not help but be astounded! How was that even possible? what manner of infernal beast was this?

    For a long moment, nothing else seemed to happen, which confused Nibiru. His spiritual focus was vibrating with insane intensity, almost as if it were going to explode. Nibiru looked from Ava to the Egyptian. He found their behaviour suspicious, but had no clear idea what was happening.

    Nibiru was about to take a running leap at the demon when out of his corner of his eye, he saw the Egyptian crumple to the ground.

    "What in the name of the Sacred Fire have you done?"

    Of course, it had to be something the demon had done. Nibiru rushed toward the falling Egyptian, disengaged his Spiritual Swords and slid underneath him, catching him just before he hit the ground. The Spiritual Armor he wore kept Nibiru safe from physical harm. The monk quickly checked to see if the large man was still breathing, which he was, but upon checking his eyes, the story changed completely.

    The Egyptian's eyes had that vacant and far-away look to them. The pupils were dilated and his jaw had gone slack as did his body. There was no one home, as the saying went.

    "What have you done to him!!?" the monk demanded. His mind was already racing as many thoughts came almost at once. It was evident that the demon had managed to divide the group after all, and now they had suffered their first casualty.

    But this was not the end, not by a long shot. There were more than a few secrets the monk knew about.

    Tag: GM, Chicago group!! ( RAMZAAAAAAAAA!!!)
  3. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    OOC: Well, wadda ya know. Guess I AM posting.. hehehe

    Carolyn Summers (Lyn)
    Near Campus in Newark, Delaware, USA


    Lyn was standing back, staring at this new arrival. He was no ordinary demon. No, he had to be higher up. It was making some type of offer, asking them to join the 'winning team'. Lyn grinned slightly. If that team was winning, then why were they trying to bribe them? Suddenly, one of the people standing next to her spoke up.

    "He's lied once guys." he walked a few yards and whispered to Lyn, "This stuff explodes, we'll need shields if it gets ugly", before he turned and faced the demon. Lyn looked down and noticed he had something in his hand. He COULDNT be serious?!?!?! Not after what they had just witnessed.

    "He may have some power but he can't give you anything, and if he could, why would he need to".
    Lyn was tired, but if this fool was about to do something...she quickly raised a protection shield. Suddenly the creature spoke towards the man.

    "Please, dear Berruin, I advise you against doing something so foolish as to attack me," Ahriman said aloud, examining the tips of his gloves. "I would so hate to dirty my gloves. Just join us, or leave me be. Don't do something you'll regret."

    "Or the rest of us..." Lyn said softly. "You will be all but inviting him to respond...and we've seen his 'response' already.." she stated, looking towards the ashes of where the other person had stood.


    TAG: WinkWink, Delaware Group




    Mac..
    Downtown London, England, UK

    Mac finished his fruit cup, and carefully found a trashcan to put the empty tin in.

    "BUUURRRRRPPPP!!"

    He gave a loud burp, which echoed through the alley. Satisfied, he laid down near his cart, peering out from under his hat in case someone did something ... foolish.


    TAG: London Group

  4. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2007
    star 5
    Assistant Anubis
    -????


    It happened in a flash, as most things with lightning went, but the outcome was far from anything that Anubis had expected. Ava blocking the attack was expected. It was not that powerful, Anubis did not have enough time for that kind of an attack, but he had hoped to do a tag team attack with the monk. Obviously, given his current predicament, he had never even had the time. In an instant, darkness was caressing him from all sides, an unwelcome embrace from a stranger. Ava was growing, no, grew, no, he just was giant and towering above the lonely Anubis.

    Then, he felt like he was weightless. No, he was floating and it was that type of thing that felt like it would be going on forever. Then a voice spoke out to him, telling him that he was not dead, but was no longer among the living. He could figure that out from the neverending pit of darkness that he was currently inhabiting. The man beside him seemed to be walking, but how was that possible. Otherworldly stuff, Anubis, you have other things to focus on.

    "Anubis. Loyal Malakh, sir." It sounded more like a snarl from an animal, but Anubis did not see giving this guy attitude as a solution to his problem. Still upside down, he folded his arms, but smirked and raised an eyebrow. "You must be quite old, Thanatos. Interestly enough, I have never heard your name before, but I'm not one for religious doctrine anyway."

    He looked Thanatos over. "I am in the Pit, right? In this position I am now, not dead nor alive, I ask you: What's next? How can I get out of here?"

    Tag: Ramza, Thanks Grey![face_peace]
  5. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    This probably won't be a problem for this game, but I'm going to be away on holiday until next Monday (the 16th). See you guys when I get back!


    IC: Kale Elysar
    Downtown London, England

    "That doesn't answer my question," Kale noted, still calmly. Oh, he was quite aware that he was as good as baiting the Shedim who had removed the translator's mouth for babbling, but he was most curious about this. How far could Beezlebub be pushed?

    TAG: London Group
  6. WINKWINK Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 15, 2008
    star 1
    IC Berruin Hashier

    Delaware



    "Please, dear Berruin, I advise you against doing something so foolish as to attack me,"
    the gaudy ***** said examining his gloves
    "I would so hate to dirty my gloves. Just join us, or leave me be. Don't do something you'll regret."


    Yeah right he thought glancing glancing at the women next to him as she said softly to him
    "Or the rest of us... You will be all but inviting him to respond...and we've seen his 'response' already.."


    Looking back toward the demon he again quietly addressed the women to his side "I know demons, this one already broke the rules once, as you just pointed out, just because no one was LOOKING at him" Berruin sighed "But I have no intention to actually attack him"


    TAG Delaware, Ktala, Mr.Ramza

    I_H Edit: Langauge
  7. Apadamek Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 26, 2007
    star 3
    IC: Dan Conway
    Location: Chicago
    0 knives left



    Dan had kept quiet, peeking his head out from behind the dumpster where he had cover. A minotaur had appeared, introducing itself as "Ava the fact that it could speak told Danthat he should listen. Two of the group took instant hostility while Cid told them to calm themselves. Dan agreed, after all why not take this moment to at least rest. He also glumly realized that all his knives were scattered throughout the area, where the hounds had died. Dan also took careful notice that despite looking like one, the monk seemed to be eagerly wanting to fight everything that appeared.

    The minotaur changed into a simple dressed man, they had passed some sort of test. Dan stood quietly and stepped away from the dumpster. Ava offered them a contract of three wishes, surely he would have been informed of the countless movies, books and songs advising not to accept these offers. Then again, maybe he did know and just wanted an excuse. An excuse for what, Dan was at a loss for. He was about to speak when out of the blue Cid spoke his answer was to leave, offering to take anyone to his home and take the edge off of the "crappy day." they had just killed hounds from what seemed to be hell, he doubted Cids house was a safe haven.

    As Cid left the Monk spoke words about how it was the end of the world, he really did seem eager to kill something. Then the egyptian looking man went and did something Dan would have thought impossible, he shot lightning from his mouth. Dan was surprised by this ridiculous response, but even more surprised by what happened. The lighting was strong and deadly looking, yet Ava made it disappear. And suddenly the Egyptian collapsed and everyone panicked. Dan knew that if the creature could just wink away lightning like that, it was more powerful to just get into a fight with at the moment. He glanced back and took off down the street at a break neck pace, he had to find a house that had something better then his knives. Maybe a pistol or two, something to arm himself with. He hoped his usual skills of perception would help him find one quickly as he dashed toward a promising house.
    TAG: blubeast1237 (Anubis), greyjedi125, Imperial_Hammer, Apadamek, Rally_Fan_84, Hammurabi, Beeblebroxh2g2, (MIB)
  8. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Saito Sakimori
    UK, England, Downtown London

    "Just sign the paper, and it?s all yours.?


    Saito had been taught with strict teachings. They had not only given him the strength and skill to wield a blade but something even more important: ideals. The Sakimoris were driven by their ideals, to believe in them without being bothered by the smallest doubt. And as a product of that family Saito was equally driven. Like the rest of his family Saito believed in not only the ideals that he upheld but that any man with their own ideals should believe in theirs. A man who can't hold onto his ideals is nothing more then pathetic, dead or alive.

    So while the voices that could only be the product of this Beelzebub character whispered in his mind, there was no doubt in Saito's mind to be culled by them. Whatever wishes that Beelzebub promised were of no interest to him.

    These Shedim wanted to create a new order? Saito was going to do what every previous generation of his family had done: to protect the current order as well as the lives of the populace as best he could. That was what his ancestors that belonged to the Shinsengumi had done, that was what his grandfather had done during the war, and that's what Saito was going to do. That was all that mattered to him.

    "Iiya," Saito repeated.

    No.

    TAG: London Group
  9. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 7
    GM Note: Just because I wanted to, here's another update.

    ????

    "A loyal Malakh, you say, hmm...?" Thanatos replied, scratching his chin. His features were remarkably nondescript, almost unnervingly so. Like an everyman concept taken to its logical conclusion. "You certainly don't look it. Far more of a human. I'd say Egypt, about 35, yes? Died around the Chicago area." He shook his head. "Actually, today I've had a bizarre influx. Two people, practically back-to-back. First a high schooler, and now... you."

    "And to think," he continued, "It's been nearly 100 years since this path was last traversed. No, I'm afraid you're not in the 'Pit', you're in the Between Space. Only those of exceptional spiritual power come this route on their path to what lies beyond. That's also how you get out of here, as it were - You move on." He looked Anubis over from head to toe. "But, eh, the problem is you're not dead. Well... not fully dead. You're soul is quite dead, that's why you're here, but your body... it's still alive. I'm afraid you could be in for a long wait, my good sir, until your earthly body dies."

    He scratched his chin again. "Well... that's not entirely true. There is that route, but if you're a loyal Malakh it's probably not up your alley."

    TAG: Blu

    Suburbs near Chicago, Illinois, USA

    IC: Avaddon, the Lord of the Pit


    "'What did I do...?' What I did, Mr. Vajra, was give him a rare first-hand glimpse at the Pit, that's all. Although if he followed the usual course of events I'm sure the..." Avaddon chuckled slightly, "Shock may have destroyed his soul... Which would make him more or less comatose until his body finally gives up the... you'll excuse the poor pun... ghost." He noticed another human darting off, no doubt to try and find a weapon, a gun in the house he was headed for. "Oh, no, I'm afraid not Mr. Conway," he continued, extending his hand forward. A tremendous dome enclosed them, with Avaddon at its center. Nonetheless a gun zipped out of the house into the man's hand. Avaddon did like a fair fight.

    "You see, I was going to play nicely. I was going to negotiate, just like Lord Samael wanted. But now, now that your rather stupid friend has gotten on my nerves I'm afraid that those who don't join me are going to have to fight me. Of course, if I judge you worthy you're free to go, same as if you join my side. If you fail..."

    His eyes flashed red. "I show you the Pit."

    TAG: Chicago Group

    Near the University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, USA

    IC: Ahriman, the Lord of the Transient


    "Oh, I'm disappointed that none of you are taking me up on my offer... Why not? Surely there's got to be something you want. Like you," he said, pointing to the man with the spear. "Mr. Kiar, I can give them back to you. Yes... I know all about your past. Those two that you lost, back, as if they had never been gone. Do I need to spell it out further: Your parents, Kiar, I can return them!"

    "And you, Mr. Hashier, wouldn't you want to know if your Wife and Child are safe? I can make it so they're not only safe, but so that you can be with them always! I can even make sure that none of you come to harm again, you need only join with me."

    "Ms. Summers, dear Ms. Summers, don't you want to know where he is. I can find your brother for you, Ms. Summers, it would only take a second. Just sign this little piece of paper, and he's back."

    Ahriman smiled a perfect grin.

    TAG: Delaware Group

    Downtown London, England, UK

    IC: Geoffrey Richards


    "So sorry to hear that Mr. Sakimori, but I can see you're quite decided on the matter... even if..." Beelzebub began. Geoffrey watched, wondering what the insane demon would do next. "Even if I could guarantee that you would always have the power to perform your />/>/>
  10. WINKWINK Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 15, 2008
    star 1
    IC Berruin Hashier
    Delaware


    That did it. Literally trembling in rage Berruin snapped, hands clenching and unclenching on his shotgun.

    Kill him kill him kill him kill him kill him

    He thought of Kerry, effectively his daughter. The voice kept up.

    Kill him kill him KILL him kill him kill him

    He saw his sons face, smiling at him, he thought back to Africa and some of the things he had done there.

    KILL HIM kill him kill him KILL him kill him

    He thought of his wife the first time he saw her, he had been captivated... had to talk to her, they'd fallen in love and gotten married a few months after.

    KILL HIM kill HIM killhimkill HIMKILL HIM

    he thought of being able to see his family again... to hold them, smell them hear them feel them... even see them. he thought about how he was starting to forget what they looked like, how his son wouldn't even recognize him even if he could find them.

    KILL HIM KILL HIM KILL HIM KILL HIM KILL HIM

    He thought back to the night his parents died... and the rage he had felt then as now. the rage that had led him to attack the beast, to make it hurt even if it killed him for what it had done.

    KILLHIMKILLHIMKILLHIMKILLHIMKILLHIMKILLHIMKILLHIM

    ...And then he thought of Kerry in that room, bloodied and broken. He thought of seeing her grow from a terrified girl into a young women. He had never told her what he had done to her captors, he was ashamed, no matter how much they had deserved it he was ashamed.

    NO!!! KILL HIM KILL HIM KILL HIM killhimkillhim

    He thought back to Africa again. All those men under his command... they had died... the village... all for a favor. He opened his eyes and stopped shaking. A favor from one of them.

    The voice was gone.




    TAG Delaware. Ramza />
  11. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Nibiru Vajra

    Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois, USA



    "You see, I was going to play nicely. I was going to negotiate, just like Lord Samael wanted. But now, now that your rather stupid friend has gotten on my nerves I'm afraid that those who don't join me are going to have to fight me. Of course, if I judge you worthy you're free to go, same as if you join my side. If you fail..."

    His eyes flashed red. "I show you the Pit."


    Nibiru lay the Egyptian gently upon the ground as the demon spoke and slowly rose to his feet. As the creature finished its words, Nibiru made a slight motion with his hands, a flash of blue light followed and his two Spiritual Swords were reformed within his grasp.

    The monk stared hard at the demon for a moment. It had trapped them all within a dome of its making and sealed them off from the outside world. A demon forged kekkai of sorts. Hmm. Curious.

    "Pfaah!!" Nibiru snorted dirisively at the creature.

    "You go ahead and disobey Samael all you want foolish demon. You will no doubt suffer his wrath for your actions, however, it's the wrath of the one you've betrayed eons ago, The Creator, HIS WRATH is the one which you should truly fear."

    "As for joining you...FORGET IT! and as far as you judgeging anyone, well...you do not have that POWER. You may antagonize and even torture us, but JUDGEMENT is not yours to mete out, for you too have an appointed day."

    Nibiru's Spiritual Armor and Swords began to shimmer as he spoke now. He pointed one sword at Ava, but addressed himself to the other spiritualists.

    "You heard him!!" he shouted now so all could hear.

    "If you're too afraid to stand up for what is good and right, then join this creature at the cost of your immortal soul. His is already forfeit. Suffer his fate, or stand united and face this evil, despite your fears, despite whatever may come. The time for indecision is over!"

    Silence fell within the dome the demon had created. The stage was set and all the players were in position, or so it seemed. All that was left was for the act to begin.

    Tag: GM, Chicago group
  12. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Saito Sakimori
    UK, England Downtown London

    "Even if I could guarantee that you would always have the power to perform your duty? Yours would be the sword that could restore the glory of the old Shinsengumi, with you, Mr. Sakimori, as its leader!"


    Saito raised a brow at that but otherwise remained where he was with his arms still crossed over his chest, his eyes still narrowed. A bit of a crude attempt on Beelzebub's part but once again Saito remained unmoved despite it.

    Rather, this was only proving to the Japanese man that despite all the power that Beelzebub apparently possessed, he was quite as poor of a character as he was making himself out to be. What was the point of power when you couldn't even tell what went on in an adversary's mind? Glory was never something his family sought after. They weren't blind and neither was Saito; nothing lasted forever, including something like the Shinsengumi. They just focused on preserving order and even then order was hardly ever their own. The Tokugawa regime, the very regime that the Shinsengumi had risen in, had been replaced by the Meiji and even less then a hundred years ago the United States and it's Allies had established their own bit of order onto the Japanese.

    What Beelzebub was offering was nothing more then a smoke screen placed over the inevitable. Even if these Shedim people were to prevail in whatever they wanted, they would be greatly disappointed when they discovered that they would always bend beneath the whim of time itself.

    If, Saito repeated and that was enough to put a bit of a smirk on his face.

    TAG: darthramza, London People
  13. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    IC: Father Benson
    Location: Chicago Suburbs

    So it had come to this then. The demon had trapped the group. He had made his ultimatum. Allegiance or Death. He had smote down the Egyptian, and performed one of the most profane of actions, separating in twain what God had cast as one.

    The Easterner, quick to action, had already chosen his course. He stood before him, his strange sword and armor shimmering into existence. He was battle ready to face this creature, with or without assistance. The man's bravery was surely without question.

    This curious man spoke of the Creator, and the judgment that awaited the demon, yet without Christian terms. A fellow spirit, but not one of the Faith. It was heartening to see that religion could band together in this time of turmoil in the face of a greater threat.

    Then, like a warrior of old, the Easterner made his battle cry...

    "You heard him!! "If you're too afraid to stand up for what is good and right, then join this creature at the cost of your immortal soul. His is already forfeit. Suffer his fate, or stand united and face this evil, despite your fears, despite whatever may come. The time for indecision is over!"

    Quick to aggression, yet he does not strike. This man walks the dangerous line of a crusader. Like the crusaders of old, he should take care so as to not suffer the fate they did.

    Father Benson took a breath. Indeed the time for decision was over. But was the time for battle upon us?

    The priest strode forward, his processional cross reconfiguring itself offensively, while he could feel the scapular he wore growing heavier, symbolizing its activation. The cross shimmered with a heavenly light, an aura of the soul radiating all that was good and righteous.

    It was a dangerous move to step towards the front. If it came to physical blows, he would be in great peril. But, should battle erupt, Benson wagered it would be spiritual first. And for this, he felt more prepared.

    The die was cast anyway. He did not fear death.

    Was it his imagination, or did he see the ring of the dome ablaze in flame?

    "Demon!" the Priest spoke loudly, "My name is Father Benson, an Exorcist and Priest of the God's One Apostolic Church. You know this action is a breech of Divine Law, an overstepping of your boundaries that is against the wishes of Satan and of the Father. Free will is the lynch-pin of sin, and times of the test must be of earthly forces, of nature and of man, not of the Devil. You have your answer here, we want nothing of your crooked deal. Unless you desire a second Heavenly War, release us."

    The priest didn't make a battle move. He was a diplomat, not a warrior. And he believed what he said. The Priest didn't want a fight here. This was the brink, and going over it would mean very bad things. If that made him vulnerable, then God's Will be done.

    TAG: Chicago, GM
  14. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Carolyn Summers (Lyn)
    Near Campus in Newark, Delaware, USA

    "Please, dear Berruin, I advise you against doing something so foolish as to attack me," The strange demon stated. "Just join us, or leave me be. Don't do something you'll regret."

    Lyn responded next to the man. "Or the rest of us... You will be all but inviting him to respond ... and we've seen his 'response' already.."

    Looking back toward the demon he again quietly addressed the women to his side "I know demons, this one already broke the rules once, as you just pointed out, just because no one was LOOKING at him." Lyn raised an eyebrow. He KNEW Demons? She was quite aware of the spirit world, and the various creatures within. And while she knew OF demons, she would not say she KNEW demons. She wondered how he had managed that feat. The man sighed "But I have no intention to actually attack him."

    The Demon began to speak up once more. "Oh, I'm disappointed that none of you are taking me up on my offer... Why not? Surely there's got to be something you want. Like you," he said, pointing to the man with the spear. "Mr. Kiar, I can give them back to you. Yes... I know all about your past. Those two that you lost, back, as if they had never been gone. Do I need to spell it out further: Your parents, Kiar, I can return them!"

    "And you, Mr. Hashier, wouldn't you want to know if your Wife and Child are safe? I can make it so they're not only safe, but so that you can be with them always! I can even make sure that none of you come to harm again, you need only join with me."

    Lyn frowned. She could already see the dangerous side to what he was trying to offer. Like wishes. They always had a nasty habit of backfiring.

    //"Fire in the hole, chakita!"// Lyn nearly jumped as she heard Alfonzo's voice in her ear. She wondered what he meant, when she noticed the deamon was now looking at her.

    "Ms. Summers, dear Ms. Summers, don't you want to know where he is. I can find your brother for you, Ms. Summers, it would only take a second. Just sign this little piece of paper, and he's back." Ahriman smiled a perfect grin.

    How she would love to wipe it off. Max, was growling in her bag now. The man who had talked to her earlier started tremblings, and she noticed his hands flexing. She decided to finish putting her shield up just in case.

    She then spoke in a calm voice.

    "No thank you. I dont think I could afford the final cost for your offer." She crossed her arms, making a smirk. "And after your WONDERFUL introduction of yourself, by vaporizing one of our members, did you REALLY think anyone would even CONSIDER your deal? I think we have had enough of this."

    //"Oooooo..."// She heard Alf whisper softly. She gave a dirty look over to where he was hiding, and shook her head. She then looked back over at the deamon, wishing he would go away already.

    TAG: WINKWINK, Delaware Group






    Mac..
    Downtown London, England, UK


    "BUUURRRRRPPPP!!"

    Mac gave a loud burp, which echoed through the alley. Satisfied, he laid down near his cart, peering out from under his hat.

    This annoying mad, was beginning to get on his nerves. No, Max thought to himself, as he touched his 'belt'. Not a man. The bags told him that much. They showed him the truth. The man was not a man. he was like those others. Still, he was annoying.

    He listened as the monster tried to bribe a few of the people standing there. Max was almost offended, and pleased at the same time. The guy pretty much had ignored him.

    Max's ears perk up, when he hears mentioned that one of the men, might be a military type. Max shook his head. Was the other side so pathetic, that they had started sending in Clowns to handle Monty' Lets Make a Deal?

    A slight breeze blew, and Max heard his bags rustle softly. He stood up, and walked over to his cart. He bent down, listening for a moment, and then pushed his cart, to move it behind the safety of the wall. He walked back up behind the others.
    Then he started to laugh.

    "Hehehehehe... ....pathe
  15. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Laaxtin Bach Kiar (Little Fugue)
    Near the University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, USA

    The thing, this Shedim, it spoke to him on so many levels. On one side he wanted nothing more to do than kill this being, but on the other...it was offering what he had expected to be impossible. His parents back.

    He was going to leave but now, he couldn't seem to move his feet away from the Shedim. He was anchored. "What about invincibility and revenge for my family. Would you grant the wish to kill those Shedim directly or indirectly involved in what happened to them?"

    He had to know, but there was definately a lure here. Something he could not ignore, but he had to know the full truth before he commited himself to any power.

    TAG: Delaware, Shedim GM
  16. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

    Member Since:
    Apr 13, 2001
    star 6
    IC: Jeffrey Bryant
    Near Campus, Newark, Delaware, USA

    The offer was tempting. Jeff wasn't going to attempt to lie about that. It wasn't everyday a spiritual entity of some sort appeared from another realm to deliver them the promise of three wishes. Three wishes could go a long way with setting things right within the world, but at what cost? Sell his soul to the devil? March in line with the armies of darkness for the rest of his life? They were speaking to a demon, after all, how beneficial could his promises possibly be?

    Jeff's gaze was glued to the demon's pompous appearance as he ran a finger along the length of the crucifix hanging about his neck. It was a gentle reminder that the true power of the universe came from the Lord Almighty. Anything else was the work of the evil one and only led to a life of suffering. He had learned that a long time ago and it was enough for him to make a decision.

    "I decline," he said with confidence, his voice betraying him as it cracked slightly out of fear on the last syllable. He inhaled deeply through his nose and inclined his head to recollect his bearings before continuing. "I have too much to live for to t-throw it away on you."

    Closing his eyes, he squeezed the crucifix tight within his fist and waited.

    TAG: Ramza, Delaware group
  17. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2007
    star 5
    Assistant Anubis
    -????


    The man was trying his patience, but seeing as he could possibly spend multiple years in this place waiting for his body to die, Anubis settled down and closed his eyes. He had to be calm. He had been warned that there would be a time when his people would need him and that time had begun today. Horrible, but special phenomenons were taking place all over the world and he had to get back to his body.

    "What is the alternate route? Try me."

    Tag: Ramza

    -------
    Ko-Garfield Esonne Brown
    -Delaware


    KG had been silent while the demon spoke. Not out of respect, but because he was considering the offer laid before him. There was nothing that KG officially wanted, but at the same time his life was far from perfect. Not to mention that he could give the thugs around here some real reasons to be afraid of Justice. His sister could have a better life, not that it was particularly bad, but she had taken care of him and going to school was not paying her back for all she had done for him.

    Not to mention that he liked how this demon carried himself. Raising his bat to his shoulder, KG took a stride over to the monster. "Where do I sign?", he said with a large grin on his face.

    Tag: Ramza, Delaware
  18. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Dec 11, 2008
    star 6
    IC: Nobody
    Delaware


    Nobody could scarcely recall the last instance in his life where he truly felt afraid. It was but a pale shadow against his massive reservoir of force, a faint darkness against his all-encompassing light. Nothing could breach his will. Nobody would let it slip from his grasp only after drawing his final breath ? and not a second before. His physical strength may crumble and fail him; his mind may whither and break. But his will would never die.

    But somehow, something sickly overwhelming that cloyed his senses and reeked of destruction, something about this man, struck heavily against his soul and weighed on his heart.

    Nobody knew no fear, but fear was drawing ever nearer.

    "Now, I?m sure you?ve all got a lot of questions,? said Ahriman, flashing an unnatural grin that seemed to be artificially plastered upon his facial features. "But for now they?re going to have to wait."

    Cocking his brow, Nobody turned over the glinting steal of his two daggers, companions to him for so many years, balancing the significance of this little man?s words.

    "You see, as delightful as I think it would be to get more intimately acquainted with all of you, I?m afraid I?m here on strictly business matters. To which..."

    Nobody tensed as Ahriman snapped a delicately gloved finger and a scroll manifested itself in his right hand. With an elegant flourish, he unfurled the text, producing a spotless pair of reading glasses, and cleared his throat precisely.

    "On behalf of Lord Sameal, King of the Shedim et cetera et cetera, I would like to formally commend your performances, and offer you a most unique and rewarding opportunity. The Shedim victory in the war against the Malakh, the Hypocritical Menace of Free Will et cetera et cetera, is at the point nearly completely assured."

    A muscle twitched at the corner of Nobody?s grizzled cheek.

    "Resistance (And I do pardon my Lord?s phrasing here, a brilliant fellow but a but disinclined to irony.) is futile et cetera et cetera. Hence, the gist of this offer: In exchange for helping the Shedim in their righteous battle against the Malakh, the Shedim shall provide each new convert with three wishes, to be bestowed at request times. These wishes may cover anything and can include power, wealth, fame, love, et cetera et cetera et cetera."

    Futile? Not while he still lived. Nothing was futile.

    Nobody shook his head slowly, his jaw working in unbridled fury. Breathing deeply through his nose, easing the air, still fetid with the remains of the hellish beasts and their victims, Nobody struggled to center himself and stifle his anger.

    "Willing applicants need only sign below.? He rolled the scroll up with both hands and replaced his reading glasses in his pocket. ?I will field any questions at this time. I?ll begin by answering one that I know will come up."

    I?ve got a question. Do you feel lucky, punk?

    "Yes, ladies, I am available."

    Oh, disgusting. What a waste.

    The air was drenched in a heavy, combustible silence, prepared to implode upon itself with any stray breath.

    If anyone had dared to breathe.

    "Oh, I?m disappointed that none of you are taking me up on my offer..." he began, his voice remorseful. "Why not? Surely there?s got to be something you want. Like you," Ahriman continued, pointing to a man brandishing a jagged spear. "Mr. Kiar, I can give them back to you.

    "Yes..." he hissed, his eyes narrowing in measured spite. "I know all about your past. Those two that you lost, back, as if they had never been gone. Do I need to spell it out further? Your parents, Kiar, I can return them!"

    Nobody lowered his head, shaking it slightly. What this man promised was not only improbable, but it was perilous for the unconscious mind to be baited so.

    "And you, Mr. Hashier, wouldn't you want to know if your Wife and Child are safe? I can make it so they're not only safe, but so that you can be with them always! I can even make sure that none of you come to harm again, you need o
  19. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 7
    GM Note: You guessed it... 48 Hour Warning! Get those posts in!

    Remember, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.[face_devil]

    Also, I would like to take this opportunity to address something that is on my own, personal horizon, namely... Spring Break. I might be posting a bit more often than usual for the next week or so, so any day is a potential update day. (Just fair warning). Also, scheduling issues may make getting a post in precisely on Thursday next week a bit difficult. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.[face_peace]

    ~Ramza
  20. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2003
    star 10
    IC: Claire Glass, Delaware

    Claire had had a bad feeling the second she saw the demon. He looked beautiful in the plainest sense of the word, clean, expensive albeit strange clothing, gorgeous white teeth and perfect hair. But his entire appearance clashed with the scene. He didn?t fit at all. His smile looked ironed on. Taking her hand from over her mouth where it had flown when the young girl had been burned to ashes, she stood straight stiff. A look that was foreign to her character crossed her face. One of barely suppressed disgust.

    She schooled her features as best she could but had great difficulty doing so. It just wasn?t possible. The stench, the events of the past hours and this character showing up out of a black void straight from hell. Claire kept her thoughts to herself, but knew her facial expression was a pretty close give away. As the demon, who called himself Ahriman, spoke of all the things he could do for the different people standing around and in front of her, she listened quietly. What a thing to offer, unfettered dreaming, wishes granted just like that. There were no qualifiers. None. Except you would have to give the devil your very soul. What a thing to do. But? three wishes. Any three. Mentally, Claire took stock of the situation. She already knew what she?d say but it never hurt to be sure.

    TAG: Delaware Group, Ramzzza
  21. Beeblebroxh2g2 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 13, 2009
    IC: Nettle, Chicago

    Nettle had remained quiet for some time. Ever since the appearance of the Shedim, her calm exterior did little to reveal her inner turmoil. The demon had made some good points. A kingdom was a rather inefficient way to run a country, let alone a universe. She hovered several feet from the ground, spear held loosely at her side. Now, with the barrier between the group and the rest of the word, it looked like it had to be time for action. Still... She was not one to judge. Judgement is for the self-important.

    With a slight smile, peaceful confidence radiating from her body, Nettle drifts slowly down to hover at eye level with the Shedim. One word from her lips.

    "Why"

    She meets his gaze without fear, and elaborates. Inactivity never pleased her, and since she knows she can't match this beast's strength, she'll attempt to match his intellect.

    "I have more of a reason to join you than anyone here. I almost did, eons ago. But mine is a philosophy of moderation. You claim free will is the prize for this battle. The humans were given free will. As for you and I? The distinction between pre-oordination and free will is less clear. But you offer nothing to these humans that they want. If you wish to garner support, then state your case. Your master does not want us dead. He wouldn't have sent you offering gifts if he did. And from what I have seen many of this group would rather die than fight for an unjust cause. So your job is easier than just fighting us until we give."

    She hovers back a few feet, and alights on the ground, her wings dissipating into the air. She looks around, taking in the faithful and the doubtful before addressing the Shedim again.

    "What do you fight for?"

    Tag: Ramza, Chicago group

    ((OOC: Sorry for the haitus. I just couldn't bring myself to write. I'm back in the game now))
  22. Hammurabi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jan 14, 2007
    star 4
    Emily Parker
    Chicago Suburbs


    Well. It didn?t look like she?d need to put that much effort into figuring out this spirit?s alignment. This being seemed unabashedly evil, and for all its talk of free will and choices, it didn?t seem like it was actually letting any of them decide their fate.

    Not that Emily wasn?t interested - she could do a lot with three wishes. But she didn?t want to be enslaved to some demon, and knew these sorts of contracts could have unforeseen consequences. Still, she was willing to give this demon further consideration. And perhaps she could negotiate this

    And so she stepped forward. ?Excuse me,? she began, ?but for all your talk about free will, you don?t seem to be keen on living up to your words. Can any of us actually trust you??

    Tag: Ramza, Chi-town
  23. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Nibiru Vajra

    Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois, USA


    Unreality was hitting Nibiru like a freight train.

    TWICE.

    First, he thought he had heard wrong when the lady with the wings and the spear spoke.

    "I have more of a reason to join you than anyone here. I almost did, eons ago."

    She almost did what how long ago?? was she implying she was...there??? No, she wasn't implying it. That's EXACTLY what she was saying. How was that even possible...?

    Before he could even try and find a rational explanation, the young monk forced himself to continue to listen to the woman's words.

    Was she really trying to reason with this demon?

    "What do you fight for?" The woman asked.


    What does a demon fought for? Nibiru thought that was pretty obvious. Complete and total subjugation of all things under creation. Why was he and the Egyptian the only ones who understood that?

    And then, before he could even begin to wrap his head around what was already transpirig, the other mental freight train hit him.

    Another female stepped forth and spoke her mind, her words sending his thoughts reeling.

    "Can any of us actually trust you?? The female asked in all seriousness.

    It took every erg and iota of self control Nibiru had for him not to blurt out immediately and ask her if she was daft! Granted, no one in their 'right-mind' would be out in the middle of nowhere fighting demons to begin with, but to pressume that a demon could be trusted??

    Even worse, what if it lied and said 'yes' just so she would believe him.

    Nibiru began to whisper a silent prayer. If this was the state of human faith, then perhaps it was only a matter of time before the forces of darkness made earth their playground of horrors. They in essence, had already won.

    Tag: GM ( Chicag group )

  24. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    IC: Nazmina Lazzal/ Downtown London/ England
    Some alley


    Beelzebub was less than impressed with her comments on being owned by the Shedim, which was as it should be. After all, she wasn't owned by them. The barest hint of a smile played across her lips at that. No, she most definitely was not owned, nor would she become so.

    From nowhere voices began whispering in the back of her mind of all that she could gain from signing that paper, all the power she could gain. Secrets of existence and how to manipulate it. Calling upon her spiritual defenses, she ruthlessly crushed the voices into oblivion. Being "attacked" in such a fashion was enough to set her against any deal. The fact that she already HAD one just made her more irritated. What she was unprepared for was a thought that came from the back of her mind, in some deep buried place she had forgotten about. What if the Malakh are right? Her eyes widening slightly, Mina crushed that though equally as ruthlessly. This was not the time for things like this to break her resolve. There was never a time for that.

    From somewhere she heard a very loud belch, and her nose nearly wrinkled in disgust. The hobo was not the most couth being in the world, which only became more evident everytime he did something. This was followed by Kale speaking again, saying that didn't answer his question in the least. It was true, Beelzebub had skirted the issue quite nicely. For most people it would have been enough of an answer, but Kale was generally more perceptive. Enough so that he had gotten on her nerves any number of occassions, and on just as many occassions had helped her out of many a jam. Unlike Clive, who was easily as perceptive but less interested in helping in any fashion. There was just something menacing about the man. Menace was something she was used to, and thrived on in many cases. But that menace wasn't actively directed at herself or Kale. Clives... well, that was a thought for another time as well.

    Apparently during her slightly distracted state the Japanese man had declined again, because Maked Boy had started tempting again. It was all related to something she had never heard of before, some group the man was apparently part of. It didn't appear to be making much of a dent in the man's opinion of the Shedim, which was somewhat unsurprising. Something about the Japanese just wasn't right for listening to a demon.

    Kale did finally get his answer though, and for some reason Mina thought the devil that stood before them in his masked glory might actually be speaking the truth. Although he did neglect to mention how unsafe everything would be after the Shedim one, but that was a minor detail that anyone who had actually worked for them would likely not care about anymore. They could kill pretty much any human they would come up against, and if the Shedim took it into their mind to kill one of them just for the hell of it... well, not much was going to stop that either.

    But again, it came down to the fact that she simply did not need another deal. She had her orders, after all. Following yet another burp, and a glare from her at the man who had perpetrated it, Mina turned to Beelzebub, "Sorry, but it appears you won't be getting anyone interested from this group. Need to work on your salesmanship a bit. Doubt you could sell water to a dehydrated fifteen year old." Her voice was less lilting now, with a steel forming a backbone that would make most humans shudder slightly. It was not pleasant in the least.

    Figuring that something was coming her way, appearances again, the Sorceress began augmenting her spiritual defenses. That was something she was VERY good at, augmenting her abilities. After two seconds she raised her spiritual defenses in a barrier blocking the entire alley. Beelzebub was effectively walled off, unless he got very angry. He wouldn't kill her, she knew that. But sometimes... sometimes he lost control. That was what worried her the most right then. Maybe he would lose himself and everything
  25. WINKWINK Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 15, 2008
    star 1
    IC Berruin Hashier.
    Delaware


    Eyes open but still unfocused he listened as the skater fell to temptation. He listened as the newcomer struggled with the same. He listened to the women again refuse.

    She's a good ally he thought distractedly keeps her cool, uses her head

    He relaxed, every muscle in his body going limp in an exercise his Master had taught him before he died.

    And then he felt it. The pressure, feeding off of his own feelings and growing stronger.

    Berruins eyes snapped into focus on the demon.

    "At first I thought your master had made a mistake sending you, but your more subtle than your appearance gives you credit" he inhaled "In fact, your foppish exterior just heightens our contempt for you, making it easier for you to manipulate us"

    Berruin looked from the demon to the women at his side "I'm impressed, aren't you impressed? Cause I am" he looked back to the demon.

    "No deal"








    OCC did I miss something? I don't recall ramza saying they where effecting us but so many people seem to be going with that I figured eh, why not?
    I think I worded it so that if thats not the case it still makes sense.
    />
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.