1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Aria of the Soul

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ramza, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Carolyn Summers (Lyn)
    Near Campus in Newark, Delaware, USA

    Lyn was still trying to grasp what was going on when the being turned towards her. "As for your question, Lyn," he began, turning to face her, "It?s certainly a pertinent one. You see, my people, the Malakh, are at war with Ahriman?s people, the Shedim. This war has raged since before what you folks know as time even began, and at its focus has been one very important object."

    He drew a rectangular shape with his forefingers in front of him. Within a second, an image appeared in the space he had outlined. She stood, not blinking as the image appeared.

    "Metatron?s cube: the single most powerful source of spiritual energy in all existence. For countless millennia the Malakh have used its energies to good ends? but now the Shedim have taken it, and are using it for their own diabolical ends."

    *Blink*

    He snapped his fingers, and the 'screen' changed to a view of a city, being overrun by hell hounds and all sorts of fantastic, horrific beings. "This is the city of La Plata, Argentina? or I suppose I should say it was. Using the cube?s power, the Shedim?s leader, Samael, has brought the whole of his forces to Earth. Their plan is relatively simple."

    He snapped his fingers again and a diagram outlining three distinct images came into view. The rightmost was labeled Shedim,' the leftmost 'Malakh,' the center 'Earth.' "By conquering the Earth, the Shedim gain control of the only juncture between the two main spiritual realms. It then becomes easy to amplify the Cube?s signal to breach into the realm of the Malakh. What has for eons been a rather precarious balance?" the colors in the diagram all shifted to match that of the Shedim region for effect, "Quickly becomes a monopoly. We need your help to prevent this plan from coming to fruition."

    *Blink*

    "We will need two days to prepare you for your journey to Argentina. You will be acting as a sort of 'squad,' so if you decide to help us combat this threat, you will probably want to get to know each other. I won?t lie, it?s going to be extremely dangerous, so if you want out, speak up."

    As Lyn was desperately trying to find her breath, one of the other folks in the group spoke up.

    "I guess there isn't much choice then. I am Laxtiin Bach Kiar, or Little Fugue. I for one though would like to know if there is a reward for services rendered beyond sense of fulfillment and on the job training if we servive, and if that includes raising the dead? As that offer was already made by the Shedim, a counter offer on your part might inspire...action from some."

    ?!?!?! WHAAA?? Someone was wanting....to be reimbursed for this?!.. this madness! Lyn was trying her best not to sound like a sputtering record, when she heard the being reply.

    "I presume you?re talking about the 'wishes' offer the Shedim made?{/i] Fravashi said, turning to Little Fugue. "I can?t promise a comparable offer, I don?t even think they were being fully genuine, but we can attempt to accommodate your needs as best as we can. I believe your case is more than workable, Little Fugue. Furthermore," he turned to face the others as well, "We?re going to be providing you with increased spiritual power over the next two day period. If we gave it to you all at once, the shock alone might have had dire consequences, thus the reason for the delay. Anything else you would like to know?"

    Lyn vaguely heard her spirit guide and Max as she had been listening to this massive amount of information.

    Spiritual cube.

    Demons on Earth..

    And sending US THERE?!!

    "WHHHAAATTT?!?!?!" was what she finally managed to get out. "If spiritual energy was the ONLY thing we needed, then Im sure you guys could have womped on them without bringing US into the picture!

    She took a breath, her mind whirling with far too much information, as she leaned on her cane. Will there be other groups going with us as well?" she finally asked, as she decided now was a GREAT time to sit down, mutt
  2. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    The Man/ Walther Kane
    Summoning Chamber, Palace, Nepal

    "Lord of a Realm of Man, Kane." The Creature . . . Lord Iblis reminded him of this. He spelled it out two times. Man. Whatever Man was . . . he thought. The Shedim tried not to stop him. Tried not to intimidate him. Or subdue him. Iblis knew he couldn´t be stopped. All they had tried hadn´t worked. In this aspect, he and Iblis were quite alike. They both accepted the others . . . monstrosity.
    "Man. Are you a man, King? Or is a King no man? Do you consider yourself above men? Untouchable, so to say. Superior. In a ccertain sense . . . chosen." Kane said in a mocking tone. The drums were there, they were there. He stepped closer, awating a sign. A clear sign. A single frequency in his head and he would know. Please, please let it be him. Please . . .


    Tag: Trimaj
  3. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 6
    GM Notice: As you might have realized... I was unable to send any morality updates on Friday. A lot of factors ganged up on me this weekend and cost me a lot of precious update time. My focus right now has to be on my other games (Which I sorely need to update), and homework (Which is my top priority at all times), and so the morality updates are being delayed until Friday barring the very real possibility that something comes up.

    I apologize again for inconveniences, classes and life are kind of ganging up on me at the moment.:oops:
  4. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 6
    GM Notice: There will be no update this Thursday. You definitely do not need to worry about getting your update in within 48 Hours. Sit back and relax.


    With apologies to BobaMatt... I hope.
  5. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 6
    January 27, 2012

    La Plata, Province of Buenos Aires, Argentine Republic

    IC: Agent 655321


    Agent 655321 was having one of his worse days on the job. Oh, sure, MI6 had insisted that it was a good drop camouflage, but that coffin?

    His shoulders hurt just thinking about it.

    He glanced down at the scene below out of his binoculars again. Yeah, those things were definitely the ?S-types? the briefing had mentioned, but why were they here? Why Argentina? Were they planning some type of governmental overthrow? Not that it was difficult, they were mere miles from the capital city. And where had they all come from in the first place? One did not simply walk into Argentina?

    Did they?

    ?Bloody crazy is wot this is?? he muttered. As if in reply, there was a hard rapping on the top of his skull. He turned to face his assailant, about to draw his gun? When he recognized the familiar pipe (And face!) of the MI6 supernatural affairs expert.

    ?Doctor Torrence, sir, what brings you to Argentina??

    Torrence lit his pipe and took a long draw on it before replying. ?The S-types, my boy. I think I?ve got them figured out.?

    Two Days Earlier

    Downtown London, England, UK

    IC: Putto


    ?A pleasure to make your acquaintances, Kale and Mac,? Putto replied with smile and a firm handshake. He wasn?t aware of it, of course, but the two of them might have noticed there was a bit too much power behind it.

    He turned to Nazmina. ?And Naz, nice to see you again, it?s been awhile,? Putto continued, ?As for what brings me here? well, I wish the circumstances were happier??

    Putto took a few moments to explain the situation in Argentina, and the plan, to the group of humans. ?However, they tell me it?s probably going to be a bit dangerous, so I understand if you don?t want to go along. And? um??

    He stood for a few moments, as if trying to remember what he should do next, his mannerisms as child-like as ever. ?Oh! I?m supposed to answer your questions now. Whenever you?re ready.?

    TAG: London

    Suburbs near Chicago, Illinois, USA

    IC: Michael


    ?Fear not, I shall keep Anubis safe from harm until the day his soul can be restored to him. Cid, I?m sorry I couldn?t persuade you otherwise, be careful. I can not shake the feeling that something bad is on the near horizon.? Michael turned to the others as he floated Anubis? body over towards himself. ?As for the rest of you, I will see you in two days? time. Until then, fair well.?

    And in the blink of an eye, Michael, along with Anubis, had vanished.

    TAG: Chicago

    Near the University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, USA

    IC: Fravashi


    Fravashi nodded his head. ?Yes, Lyn, I actually had the same concern myself. I honestly don?t know why it needs to be you humans. Metatron would only tell me that it was ?of the utmost importance.? We?ll be going in as well, as well as two other teams of humans. The human groups will be acting almost like Special Forces, getting inside the enemy territory while we concentrate on the front lines. Here,? he added, handing her a cup of Starbucks? coffee that? probably hadn?t been in his hand before. ?I know this is all a bit sudden.?

    He shook his head. ?I?m sorry that we?ve had to burden all of you with this kind of responsibility, but for whatever reason, it?s the only way.?

    TAG: Delaware

    GM Note: April Fools! ? But I think it worked a bit too well :p

    Holding off on Nepal and Blu's characters since? well, only Fins posted. As for the other groups, I?d like to get us off to Argentina with all due haste, so if you have any pressing concerns, you?ll need to get them posted now.

    Next Thursday, get ready for Aria of the Soul: South America Style!

    The spiritual bonus comes in a +10 stat point bonus, with all c/>/>/>/>
  6. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    OOC: dang it... was working on an update ram... you just beat me to it. and that was NOT 48 hours.:p

    ok... point addition. nice. mina is now... very nasty. she gets done later, don't have the time to post as her right now i don't think. if i do, she'll be coming up later.

    IC: Avinash Ekagrah/ Palace/ Kathmandu/ Nepal
    Summoning Chamber/ Private Quarters


    Being made to wait, and being able to feel the life go out of two of one's guards at the same time, is not pleasant for a king. Normally it is they who force the waiting, and as such take advantage of making whoever they are meeting with feel vaguely irritable, slighted and insignficant. This is a monarchs prerogative, and normally their is a good reason for the waiting. Killing two people at one's leisure is NOT one of those many reasons.

    When the man entered, blood still dripping from his hands, Ekagrah was not best pleased to put it mildly. They were his people, and if anyone was going to kill them it would be HIM, not some trumped up ancient dimwit.

    Apparently this Walther knew Iblis, and made mention of what was most definitely some ancient history. For this Kane creature to have been around since the time of Xerxes was something that was simply almost incomprehensible. Sure, Lillith had been around for at least as long as that, but for two beings to have the same kind of lifespan? It did set the gears in Avinash's head turning. Could this possibly be something that could be gained by himself? Immortality, a lifetime of pleasure and power? Who knew what could be accomplished with such an unlimted amount of time with which to work. It bore some looking into. How he had never thought to ask about it before was something that the King did not know, but it was something that would be remedied in the days to come now that he knew there was more than one immortal running around the world.

    The man who stood before Ekagrah was also not particularly pleased at having had his name revealed before his arrival. And Kane knew that had happened. Still, Iblis decided to make it a more formal introduction for him. Nodding very slightly to the man who stood before him, Avinash remained utterly silent. Aloof, and did his best to appear as though he truly did not care that two men had died. It was not so much their deaths that bothered him, but the principle of someone else having killed them. That was nearly intolerable.

    It seemed as though Walther found himself something of a wit, as his questions were meant to provoke thought. Actually it was something that Avinash had considered before, but he had come to the conclusion that he was not. "A man is what they make themself, be it King or peasant. What are you, Immortal? Have you so utterly lost your humanity that you have forgotten what it is like to be a man?" His voice went back to that hissing snakelike thing that niggled in the ear.


    TAG: FIN, RAM

    Updated stats:

    Combat
    - Melee : 8
    - Ranged: 1
    - Spiritual Attacks: 1
    - Spiritual Enhancements: 10
    - Physical Defense: 10
    - Spiritual Defense: 10

    :snoopy
  7. WINKWINK Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 15, 2008
    star 1
    IC Berruin Hashier
    delaware


    IMPROMENTS

    - Melee 5
    - Ranged 4
    - Spiritual Attacks 1
    - Spiritual Enhancements2 +8 =10
    - Physical Defense 9 +2 =11
    - Spiritual Defense 9



    ?Yes, Lyn, I actually had the same concern myself. I honestly don?t know why it needs to be you humans. Metatron would only tell me that it was ?of the utmost importance.? We?ll be going in as well, as well as two other teams of humans. The human groups will be acting almost like Special Forces, getting inside the enemy territory while we concentrate on the front lines. Here,?

    Berruin blinked when the Starbucks appeared in the Malakhs hand and he added ?I know this is all a bit sudden.I?m sorry that we?ve had to burden all of you with this kind of responsibility, but for whatever reason, it?s the only way.?

    Berruin sighed and addressed Fravashi "Well unless you want to equip us I guess anyone who wants some decent weapons can come with me" He said and then added "AFTER I get access to a phone or anyone who follows me gets their heads blown off" he said patting his shotgun "I hope you get my point"



    TAG Delaware group

    OCC I'm still waiting on a response From you about that PM Ramzha



    />/>/>
  8. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Nibiru Vajra

    Chicago, Suburbs


    The young monk remained seated in Lotus Pose, even as the arch angel vanished.

    His eyes remained closed as he spoke a moment later.

    "I don't think I can walk to Argentina in two days....."

    His comment was delivered without a hint of concern or worry. Nibiru was certain that if he was meant to be in La Plata, Argentina in two days, he would be there; regadless of the fact that he had less than twenty american dollars on his person and had no idea how he would get there, short of being transported the way Anubis had been transported.

    Silence claimed the young monk once again, before he continued chanting ohms.

    Tag: GM, Chicago group


    EDIT: NVM!! :p

    Here goes:

    - Melee :7(+2)=9
    - Ranged: 3
    - Spiritual Attacks:7(+2)=9
    - Spiritual Enhancements: 3 (+2)=5
    - Physical Defense:5(+2)=7
    - Spiritual Defense:5 (+2)=7

    :D


    />
  9. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Little Fugue
    Delaware

    He nodded slightly to what the others were saying, the coffee was over the top but it made him wonder what he could do if he learned to control and manipulate his spiritual energy better. He might never have to load up water or filters on long journey's again! Not to mention he could play some four hand pieces he had been wanting to try out without a second person, maybe just use the spiritual energy to push the keys.

    "I will go to the campus, I can sleep well enough in a pew at the chapel if they have one, or a music room with an organ. If any need to find me, just follow the music in the morning and the evening or look to an open space in the sun were I will be practicing..." he looked around at the assembled group, pity he didn't know anyone, "I guess." It was the best plan he could think of, considering he didn't really know the others in the group. Universities were easy to hide or stay at when one wasn't willing to pay for a motel.

    TAG: Delaware

    OOC: LBK vrrrroooom

    - Melee: 9
    - Ranged: 1
    - Spiritual Attacks: 1
    - Spiritual Enhancements: 4+8=12
    - Physical Defense: 10
    - Spiritual Defense: 5+2=7

  10. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    The Man
    Summoning Chamber, Nepal

    "A man is what they make themself, be it King or peasant. What are you, Immortal? Have you so utterly lost your humanity that you have forgotten what it is like to be a man?" The King tried to play his games. He forced himself not to smile, just because he wanted to avoid any clichée. Despite the one his own existence was.

    Dadamm, dadamm, dadamm, dadamm.

    The drums grew quicker and slower the same time. They moved away. He wasn´t the one. Walter´s excitement immediately

    "Humanity. Do you have any idea how young this term is?" Walter Kane smiled and slowly circled the King. Looking to Iblis, who surely understood this joke and then back to the King. "King is a word. Man is another. I can . . . see your anger about killing what you considered was yours to take. And you are right. It was your position to end their lifes. As it is mine to end yours if I see fit. That you haven´t been given the right to end mine, what does that make me? King of the Kings? Oh know, I forgot. They gave away that title. To a guy who died on a cross. And I . . . I missed that. Two days late, can you believe it? Two days late." He laughed out. "So, as I am not really dressed to kill, we should probably talk. I am in a talking mood, after all. Without him." Walter pointed to Iblis. And nodded. One day he had to search for a way. Or he would go crazy, should the drums every sound for them.

    Tag: Ramza, Trimaj

    10 points
    - Melee 5
    - Ranged 1
    - Spiritual Attacks 10+5 = 15
    - Spiritual Enhancements 8+5 = 13
    - Physical Defense 2
    - Spiritual Defense 4
    />
  11. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    IC: Kale Elysar
    Downtown London, England

    Kale winced and extricated his hand. Putto clearly didn't deal with humans much; everything about him smacked of someone who had memorised a few lists of Things To Do and was putting it into practice for the first time. He even kind of reminded Kale of one of his teachers at school, the one who had attempted to use their slang in an effort to fit in and butchered it in the process.

    The Malakh proceeded to explain the purpose for which they were being recruited: a situation in Argentina, and a plan that involved sending in squads of humans as cannon fodder. ?However, they tell me it?s probably going to be a bit dangerous, so I understand if you don?t want to go along. And? um? Oh! I?m supposed to answer your questions now. Whenever you?re ready.?

    None of that struck him as especially confidence-inspiring.

    "So," Kale drawled, "you want us to go to Argentina, on some commando mission thing, and fight a bunch of Shedim for you?" He glanced around pointedly at the motley group assembled in the alley. Hellhounds were one thing, but even Mina didn't pick fights with the higher spiritual beings. "That sounds more than a bit dangerous to me. What's in it for us?"

    Oh, he would do it anyway, of course. Orders. But he'd make bloody sure he wasn't putting his neck right under the guillotine.

    TAG: Ramza, London

    Stats Update:
    - Melee 3
    - Ranged 15 (10+5)
    - Spiritual Attacks 1
    - Spiritual Enhancements 6 (4+2)
    - Physical Defense 6 (4+2)
    - Spiritual Defense 9 (8+1)
  12. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    IC: Avinash Ekagrah/ Palace/ Kathmandu/ Nepal
    Summoning Chamber/ Private Quarters


    Some of what the man before him said made little sense. Actually, many things made little sense, but this was just part of life. One learned to live with it and move on, going about a daily routine and ignoring the little things that should niggle the back of one's mind. Yet somehow this man worked past all of that learned ignorance and made Ekagrah actually think.

    Other parts of it made perfect sense, and to some degree it spoke to Kane's powers that he could actually feel the kings anger. Not many had ever managed to tell when he was angry in public, and even though this was his private chambers it was still public due to a stranger being present.

    Following that he started talking about ancient history that made absolutely no difference to Avinash. So a man who was nailed to a cross was called King of Kings. How did that effect him? Quite frankly, he did not buy the Judeo-Christian myth. Nor any other religion, such as they were. Having actually dealt with the beings in question on a number of occassions they quite simply were not worthy of worship or reverence. They were fallable, just like any human being, even if they did live for vast amounts more time.

    It seemed as though Walther wanted to talk even more, and since Avinash was not precisely in a killing mood himself it seemed like a vastly smarter thing for him to do. The fact that he wanted this conversation to be alone was something that the King did not precisely agree with, but as Iblis had already proclaimed his worthlessness in a confrontation it made no sense for him to remain.

    Turning to the Shedim, "Thank you for answering my summons and questions, you may depart now." Knowing that Iblis would leave, Ekagrah bowed and then started walking towards the door. He very much wanted this Kane person out of his summoning chamber, and preferably into someplace that he could actually be comfortable, assuming he would actually follow.

    From the summoning chamber the King headed towards what could be called a parlor, were there actually any chairs or couches arrayed in the room. Instead there were masses of cushions and pillows laid out on the rugs that covered the floor. Beautiful tapestries covered the walls and a fine low table sat in the middle of the room with some snacks and a teapot with steam coming out the spout arrayed on it. It was all warped to Avinash, but again this was what normal was to him. His perception of reality was so perverted by this point in his life that were something to appear actually normal he would likely gasp in shock at the sheer "wrongness" of it.

    A servant came in and prepared a cup of tea for him, and inquired what Walther would have, if anything.

    Taking a seat before the tea was handed to him, Avinash waved a hand for the Immortal to have a seat as well. "If we are to talk it may as well be in some degree of comfort." There was just something that Kane that he simply did not like. It had been amazingly tempting to smash his head in as he walked past him in the other room, but patience was something that he had cultivated for a number of years. A very large number of years at this point, and throwing those lessons away due to a minor amount of anger seemed a rather stupid thing to do.

    Taking a sip of tea, and presenting a relaxed face to his opponent, he waved away the servant after she had taken care of Walther. "What would you like to discuss now that we are alone?" A light curiosity entered the hissing voice, and he tried to hold a benign look on his face.


    TAG: FINS, RAM (if there is anything he wants to do)

    OOC:
    mina'll come after i scrub my computer, which may be a while.

    :snoopy
  13. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Uh... Mac..
    Downtown London, England, UK


    "A pleasure to make your acquaintances, Kale and Mac," Putto replied with smile and a firm handshake. REALLY firm handshake. Mac's smile simply grew even wider, as he shook the beings hand. That he even accepted the handshake was good enough for Mac.

    Putto continued, "As for what brings me here? well, I wish the circumstances were happier?" Putto took a few moments to explain the situation in Argentina, and the plan, to the group of humans. "However, they tell me it?s probably going to be a bit dangerous, so I understand if you don?t want to go along. And? um?"

    He stood for a few moments, as if trying to remember what he should do next. "Oh! I?m supposed to answer your questions now. Whenever you?re ready."

    Mac had only one question. "How we gettin' there?"

    He had been waiting for this for a long time. He was already packed with everything he would need for this trip.




    TAG: London Group


    Stat Update:
    14 (+4) - Melee
    11 (+3) - Ranged
    1 - Spiritual Attacks
    1 - Spiritual Enhancements
    10 (+2) - Physical Defense
    3 (+1) - Spiritual Defense



    Carolyn Summers
    Near the University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, USA

    Fravashi nodded his head. "Yes, Lyn, I actually had the same concern myself. I honestly don?t know why it needs to be you humans. Metatron would only tell me that it was ?of the utmost importance.? We?ll be going in as well, as well as two other teams of humans. The human groups will be acting almost like Special Forces, getting inside the enemy territory while we concentrate on the front lines. Here," he added, handing her a cup of Starbucks? coffee.

    Wait. That had NOT been in his hands before. She tried very hard not to shake, as she took the coffee. She held it tightly, feeling the heat radiate to her hands.

    "I know this is all a bit sudden." Fracashi continued.

    THAT, had to be the hugest understatement of the century.

    He shook his head. "I?m sorry that we?ve had to burden all of you with this kind of responsibility, but for whatever reason, it?s the only way."

    Carolyn gently sipped on the steaming contents. So, there were other teams involved. Well, that was helpful. Argentina hum? Alf knew much of that area, maybe he could help. Carolyn shrugged her shoulders. "So, we need to make it to Argentina. Sounds great. But before we go, I need to go back to my shop. There are some...items, I need to retrieve."

    Lyn closed her eyes as she rubbed her head. Yes, she needed to take stock before she left. And gather her energies. Especially after that scene he had shown them.

    Berruin sighed and addressed Fravashi "Well unless you want to equip us I guess anyone who wants some decent weapons can come with me.." He says then added "AFTER I get access to a phone or anyone who follows me gets their heads blown off." he said patting his shotgun "I hope you get my point." Lyn frowned. A mac truck was more subtle. "There is a phone in my shop. It is not far." she said softly.

    The one called Fugue? spoke next. "I will go to the campus, I can sleep well enough in a pew at the chapel if they have one, or a music room with an organ. If any need to find me, just follow the music in the morning and the evening or look to an open space in the sun were I will be practicing..." he looked around at the assembled group. "I guess."

    Lyn sighed. "You can come to my shop as well. I have lots of couch
    space, and big overstuffed pillows even." She smiled. "If you dont mind a bit of incense, that is...and being seen with the local Fortune teller.." Lyn laughed softly.


    //"Oh Lovely Just what I need messing up the place ...."// Alfonso began to to sputter in his favorite complaint. "SHUT UP, ALF!" she growled in Ibo under her breath as she acted as if nothing had happened. Having someone that complained constantly in your ear could be rather annoying. Max whined in her purse, and she pulled him out so he could look around. Max sat, staring at each person,
  14. WINKWINK Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 15, 2008
    star 1
    IC Berruin Hashier
    Delaware

    "There is a phone in my shop. It is not far." The woman said addressing him

    "I will go to the campus, I can sleep well enough in a pew at the chapel if they have one, or a music room with an organ. If any need to find me, just follow the music in the morning and the evening or look to an open space in the sun were I will be practicing...I guess. The big man said before Berruin could respond

    Well thats... an odd picture he thought maybe I'll bring him a grenade... do i still HAVE any grenades?

    "You can come to my shop as well. I have lots of couch
    space, and big overstuffed pillows even."
    then she smiled "If you dont mind a bit of incense, that is...and being seen with the local Fortune teller.." she said laughing softly

    "Well then I guess I'm going with you Miss Lyn" Berruin said, bowing his head slightly in thanks. He started to say something to fog but then paused and looked at his gun and then the destruction around them [limited thought it was] in puzzlement. Particularly the what was left of the body. Lyn muttered something under her breath that he didn't catch.

    "Fravashi... what did you do with the police"?



    TAG Ktala. ramzha. Mitth fisto

    />
  15. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    *** Stat Upgrade ***

    - Melee: 1
    - Ranged: 1
    - Spiritual Attacks: 9 (+3) = 12
    - Spiritual Enhancements: 9 (+4) = 13
    - Physical Defense: 1
    - Spiritual Defense: 9 (+3) = 12

    IC: Father Benson
    Location: Chicago Burbs

    It has all seemed to pass so quickly. The Angel had arrived, informed the group about what was happening, and then had left.

    Father Benson scratched his head. Two days he would come again. No word of a plane or a trip or anything, so perhaps they would be transported there. Perhaps on angel's wings!

    That would be fantastic! A majestic and divine journey through time and space!

    It would be a spiritual experience.

    Or perhaps he would deliver the plane ticket. Ha! That would be quite the comedown.

    All very interesting.

    But what to do in the meantime!

    Hm. Perhaps he would return to Chicago. There was some work to do there. Especially if he was going to be off to Argentina soon to fight the legions of Satan.

    He looked over at the group, still for the most part milling about.

    Should he just leave them?

    He noticed the monk, seemingly meditating on the hill. What a strange thing to do at such a time!

    The priest paused. He didn't want to interrupt his meditations, but he wanted to talk to the man alone before he left.

    Hm.

    Fr. Benson walked over to the Easterner.

    "Um, excuse me." he said at about a normal volume. "Might I have a word?"

    TAG: Grey/>
  16. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Nibiru Vajra

    Chicago, Suburbs


    "Um, excuse me. Might I have a word?"

    Nibiru's head swiveled towards the soud of the voice. His eyelids fluttered lightly, then opened slowly as he smiled.

    "You have a strong spiritual presence, Father Benson." The young monk stated as he rose to his feet. He came up to stand at his full height and found that he was shorter than the goodly priest. This caused his smile to widen in self amusement.

    "It's a strong and clean aura. The Light shines brightly within you."

    Nibiru gave a deferential bow, then spoke again.

    "How may I be of service, Father Benson?"

    Tag: I_H
  17. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Dec 11, 2008
    star 6
    IC: Nobody
    Delaware


    "We will need two days to prepare you for your journey to Argentina. You will be acting as a sort of ?squad,? so if you decide to help us combat this threat, you will probably want to get to know each other. I won?t lie, it?s going to be extremely dangerous, so if you want out, speak up."
    Danger...what was danger when the fate of humanity rested upon the shoulders of the armies of the Shedim and the Malakh? What was danger when the forces of darkness now possessed the potential to march across the Earth?

    There was no danger. He glanced around shortly. Nobody was afraid.

    Neither was he.

    "I will go to the campus, I can sleep well enough in a pew at the chapel if they have one, or a music room with an organ. If any need to find me, just follow the music in the morning and the evening or look to an open space in the sun were I will be practicing...I guess."

    "I will come with you," Nobody said.

    TAG: Mitth, GM

    Melee: 10
    Ranged: 5
    Spiritual Attacks: 7
    Spiritual Enhancements: 6
    Physical Defense: 6
    Spiritual Defense: 6


  18. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

    Member Since:
    Apr 13, 2001
    star 6
    IC: Jeffrey Bryant
    Near the campus, Newark, Delaware, USA

    The spiritual being began speaking again, outlining more details concerning their upcoming mission, but Jeff found himself transfixed by Miss Glass' presence. She had been quiet at first, but now she was providing him with all the necessary information. Argentina under attack. A squad of defenders fighting against evil. It was all very surreal and it sounded like something that would come out of a children's fairy tale. Jeff was uncertain if this whole thing was real or some sort of elaborate trap put in place by members of the university's administration. They were never too keen on the idea of the supernatural or his position as a parapsychologist. It would be just like them to pull something off this convincing in an attempt to prove him wrong and show everyone just how much of a fool he really was.

    In fact, he was starting to believe that maybe they were right and he really was crazy until he caught something in Claire's words. Apparently this Fravashi being had proposed the idea of getting to know the other members of the group. Upon this revelation, Jeff couldn't help but notice something different in Miss Glass' gaze. Her body posture changed ever so slightly and was that a look of longing present in her eyes?

    Jeff swallowed and rocked back casually on his heels, shoving his hands into this pockets. He felt himself falling faster and faster and regardless of how ridiculous this whole situation was turning out to be, he knew he would agree to whatever it was this being wanted them to do simply because Claire believed in the cause also. The idea of spiritual enhancement and fame was tempting but in the end, it was a woman that was tipping him over the edge. Would he ever forgive himself?

    He shook his head, clearing his mind as he smiled over at Miss Glass. "I knew you were going to say that," he surmised in a lighthearted tone. "And since we already have so much in common, working at the same school and all, I figured we should stick together." He spread his hands invitingly. "I'm in."

    By this time, other members of their group were starting to disperse, going their separate ways to take care of last minute business or just to spend what little time they had left to relax. It didn't sound like such a bad idea and he adjusted his glasses before continuing. "Would you like to come back to my office for a while? You know, maybe grab a drink and relax a bit? I see you around the campus all the time but I don't think we've ever said a word to each other." He let out a small laugh. "How about we change that."

    TAG: Swan, Ramza, Delaware


    Stat Update:
    - Melee: 2
    - Ranged: 2
    - Spiritual Attacks: 5(+4)= 9
    - Spiritual Enhancements: 7(+3)= 10
    - Physical Defense: 5
    - Spiritual Defense: 9(+3)= 12

  19. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Saito Sakimori
    UK, Downtown London


    Argentina? At least now Saito was glad that they were being given a clear objective now despite the odds that seemed to be getting stacked before them as Putto spoke. The others seemed a bit questioning about that but Saito was only wondering about one thing which Mac suddenly asked.

    "How we gettin' there?"

    The question of whether he was going or not had been answered long ago, when Saito had first arrived at London for this little quest. He was just worried about getting there. Looking down at himself, Saito brushed another hand across his form, trying to get rid of anymore of the filth that had managed to get attracted onto him when he had killed his hellhound.

    TAG: London Group

    Stats:
    Melee: 10+5=15
    Ranged: 1
    Spiritual Attacks: 1
    Spiritual Enhancements: 5
    Physical Defense: 10+5=15
    Spiritual Defense: 3
  20. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Laaxtiin Bach Kiar (Little Fugue)
    Near the campus, Newark, Delaware, USA

    He had said a few words and then, then offer's had flown and words sown with great liberty. Much to think of, not to mention another had said he would go with him.

    So much to consider, so much to say, to respond. Too many paths to follow, to roads that lead to differing places that he could hardly tell which was right or wrong. Actually he couldn't tell.

    Once more he resorted to the ancient and sacred arts to divine which path to choose, those that had been handed down from generation to generation by word of mouth without being taught by written form.

    Inny Minni Miney Moe, Catch a Lion by it's toe...

    Thus it was decided, "Thank you for your kindness. But I have never met a couch made to handle one of my height, perhapes a pew is best. If you want I will come to you to visit but I have often rested on campuses before. Besides if I am to prepare..." at this he looked at the Malak that was before them before glancing back at her. "I will need to play my music, and an organ is the best way, as it is a...tradition to play one before I travel. To play my namesake, my nicknamesake and those, those songs most precious that my mother taught me."

    They were to get to know each other before they left, as any team had to, just enough. Already the one had shown himself confusing, yet surprisingly unsuptle in his preferences for firearms. Another absorbed in a woman, not surprising he guessed, even he had been known to fancy one on occassion though nothing ever became of it. And another, an enigma that had said he would go with him. So information he wouldn't normally volunteer it was. "It is my way of remembering my Mom, and my Dad. So that if they can see me, even though I can't ever see them, to let them know I haven't forgotten and still miss and return their love."

    "If you still want to come, you are welcome. Though if you want, and she is willing it sounds like you could have a couch Mr...." he didn't know what to call him. Malak one point, they didn't even know what to call most of each other. Definately a fine point that needed addressed.

    TAG: Delaware
  21. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    IC: Nazmina Lazzal/ Downtown London/ England
    Some alley

    - Melee: 1
    - Ranged: 1
    - Spiritual Attacks: 10
    - Spiritual Enhancements: 10
    - Physical Defense 8
    - Spiritual Defense: 10

    Introductions had gone the rest of the way around, and then Putto had explained the situation to them. Mina's face went somewhat blank when she learned their destination. Argentina. We're going to travel halfway around the world to deal with a major offensive against beings I wouldn't consider going up against on one of my better days. Lovely. At about this point she was nearly ready to say **** it and leave, but... there was her future to think of. And there would be a future, that was certain.

    Muttering almost silently to herself, she heard as Kale was inevitably Kale, and asked what they got out of this. Odds were they would get some blather about it being for the greater good, and how the world would fall without their help and so forth. The usual for those who are expected to do good. In other words, they would likely get nothing for their troubles and have to figure out some way to get their themselves. This was the second question asked by the homeless guy, Mac she thought his name was. It was a good question in Mina's opinion. All that was left to ask was what, precisely, their goal was going to be. "I was also wondering what, exactly, you are going to want us to go after while we're there? What objective, precisely, do you have for us?" If it was Samael she was would laugh in Putto's face.


    TAG: LONDON, RAM

    OOC:
    yea, short i know. not sure what else to do ATM.

    oh, that is a lot closer to what i was originally wanting Mina to be.[face_devil]

    :snoopy
  22. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Nov 15, 2004
    star 7
    Combat
    - Melee - 1
    - Ranged - 1
    - Spiritual Attacks - 9 (+3)
    - Spiritual Enhancements - 9 (+4)
    - Physical Defense - 1
    - Spiritual Defense - 9 (+3)

    IC: Lilith
    Nepal

    "Anyway, we are in trouble. The King is probably selling us out or negotiating to save his own skin as we speak, is he?" Rufus folded his arms and he sighed. "So what is this all about? What do you think?"

    Lilith allowed herself a small smile, not looking at Rufus. "It has something to do with the war - between light and dark. It's about to hit the endgame - that's all I can work out." She said that neutrally, as if she was a junior in the game. That she was in-fact a few decades old. Lilith looked back at Rufus. "Shall we go take a look?"

    She pointed at the gun. "You might want to bring that, I imagine."


    TAG: Sir_Dracp
  23. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 6
    GM Notice: Due to some circumstances beyond my control, this is the 48 HOUR WARNING! I apologize for the inconvenience of my pushing back to Friday, but I have essays that need writing.

    Some players have requested a slight delay before we head off towards Argentina, so if anyone has issues with it being delayed another week let me know via PM.

    Thanks for your cooperation, as always.
  24. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Carolyn Summers
    Near the University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, USA

    Lyn sighed. It seemed that everyone had a place they wanted to go. And this Fravashi seemed to NOT have a clue whatsoever. If they all split up, how were they going to get together? How were they getting to Argentina? For the unlimited time, Lyn found herself rubbing her head once more.

    Lyn spoke up. "Well then, if we are all separating..? She looked towards Fravashi, "How we will get together again to leave? Or our we supposed to make our own way there?" she asked.

    She then perked up, when Berruin asked "Fravashi... what did you do with the police"? IT was a valid question. She turned. "Personally, I dont think I want to know.. OR be standing here to try to explain ANY of this.

    Lyn started walking. "I will be at my shop, until otherwise notified. You need me, you know where to find me. Anyone else who wants to come, is welcomed."

    Max yipped softly as he started to follow behind Lyn. She had reached her fill. She needed her things, and she needed them now. This group seemed to be rather disjointed. But considering how they were all suddenly thrust together into this nightmare, she was not surprised. So far this entire adventure had been horrible. She could only help it would get better.

    Alf kept muttering in her ear, but she ignored him, waiting till she got back at her shop.






    TAG: WINKWINK, Mitth_Fisto, Delaware Group




    ...



    Uh... Mac..
    Downtown London, England, UK

    "How we gettin' there?"

    So far, no one had answered that question. This being was almost useless as far as he was concerned. And he was starting to get annoyed. He shouldered his pack over abit.

    "Look...you, ah..Putto. When you get a clue, let me know. Im gonna find a comfy spot, until you can get your crap together.."

    Mac turned, and started walking down the street, his hand tucked into his pockets. Stupid. The bags hadnt told him that he would be working with amateurs. Getting dropped into the ninth plane of heck didnt bother him as much as being dropped in with people who didnt have a clue. All this talk .. talk .. talk. Call him when it was time for action.

    Mac stopped, and searched his pockets, finding a few loose dollars. He then saw a pub. Looked like a good enough place for a drink.




    TAG: London Group
  25. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2007
    star 4
    The Man
    Palace Nepal

    The King did try to resist his urges. Almost frustrating. He loved it, when they killed him. He loved it, when they realized. He loved it when they tried. He hated it, they never succeeded. The old man, whatever one considered old, sat down. He obviously enjoyed his assumed power. He had no idea who he faced. No idea what he could do.

    "What would you like to discuss now that we are alone?" Slowly he turned. He looked at the tea, but did not sit down. Things became boring rather fast for him these days. He would try to avoid any further loss of time. Or he would probably kill the man despite the chance to ruin his chances . . . the drums. The drums.

    "I have been lead here. I wonder why. I thought it might be you. But it isn´t. Probably I need to have another look at your guest. But I got the feel, he isn´t what summoned me either. So, what is it? Why am I here, King? I think it is both our interest to find out. And you are the key." He asked and turned. Straightening his black suit and smiling. A cold smile. With no sense of humor.

    He wished he could care. Care for the mans plans or power. He wished he could make himself invest. But there were only the drums.

    Tag: Trimaj
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.