ArkanSith Election Headquarters. Please post your intent to run on the Throwing my hat in thread..

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by hyperspace_police, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    "Elected Positions"
    1. President/ CR
    2. Vice President (will also serve in a PR capacity when needed)
    3. Public Relations
    4. Secretary/Treasurer

Eligibility to run for office
    To be eligible to run for a position a member must meet the following requirements:
    1. Attend a minimum of 6 ArkanSith official events ("Official events will be announced as such on these boards)
    2. Member for at least one year. (This will not be a requirement for the upcoming January 06 election, however,
    candidates must meet the attendance requirement to run for office.)
    3. Be an active user on the TFN boards.
    4. Must be at least 21 years of age.

For this election ONLY, all registered members will be allowed to vote.

To be able to vote in the election a member must meet the following requirements:
    1. Attend a minumum of 3 ArkanSith official events. (See description of "Official" events above.)
    2. Have an user account on the TFN boards.
    3. Live in the state or be stationed here with the Military.
    4. For those who live more than 50 miles from central Arkansas, there will be a modified attendance policy that will
    be announced by the end of January.

The election schedule will be as follows:
    January 1 - January 15: Candidates will announce their desire to run for the 3 positions.
    January 15 - January 30: Voting (we will get a regional or a moderator to handle votes for us.
    January 31: Winners will be announced
    February 1: Winners take over office.

So, for our upcoming January 06 elections the following members are eligible to run for office:
    Nyborg13 (Henry)
    ShadowScout04 (Julia)
    Kynstar (Denise)
    Ramon (James)
    otis_dodge (Jacob)
    force_conduit (Darren)
    hyperspace_police (Bacon)
    jaria (Sharon)
    QueenMomidala (Maria Mae)

If you feel that your name should be this list and is not, or if you have questions or complaints about the voting process we have decided on pleas contact hyperspace_police or Nyborg13.

Candidates will be expected to run a clean campaign...We are all friends here!! I know we're Sith, but lets try and behave.

Good Luck to all who decide to serve the group.

2. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    I still thought we had decided a treasurer was necessary.

I didn't think we had decided to make a year voting requirement.
  3. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I thought treasurer would be combined, if needed, since we didn't officially decide on dues? (or did we) It was really late and I have had chemo 2 days since then.

And 1 year membership will be a factor starting with the 07 elections, just not this election. (I could be wrong...these are not set in concrete, hence point of having thread...)

Let me know what you think as I can change anything.

See your pm's
  4. Count_Santa Jedi Padawan

I am for officers having the 1 year requirement in 07, but I think that attending 3 events should be the only time/participation requirement for voting. Newbies who show they want to be contributing members should have a say, even if they have only recently found us.

Case in point: I wouldn't have been able to vote in the Memphis elections last year if we used those rules. In fact, New Tim wouldn't have been able to run in this year's Memphis elections by our rules. Interesting. Anybody think we should rethink that?

Anyway, I believe that the 1 year requirement for voting should be stricken from the rules.

All in favor say "Aye."

Aye.

Jacob
  5. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Can do, AYE.

That won't change any of the eligible voters for this year, the 1 year clause isn't considered a part of those lists. So, pipe in on here with how you feel of making voting strictly a three attendance eligibility...it works for me, but what say if they come into the group late in the year when they don't have a chance to attend 3 events because there are only 2 after their joining??? It's just a question.

I say if they have just joined and have been active, or have contributed to the group in significant fashion, Heck I don't mind letting everybody who's on the boards enough to see that we are having an election vote. Active members run, but why don't we let all members vote.

Any and all ok with this pipe in now.
  6. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
  7. Shadowscout04 Jedi Knight

star 1
  8. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, if such a situation did arise, where a new member showed up too late to attend three activity/events before the end of the election period then I think it would be up to a vote of the Sith Council to decide if they should vote--that way we can judge as a group whether this individual seems like they are going to stay active.

I move that we should add a "Distance" clause to the voting requirements. If you live more than 50 miles from Little Rock City Center you may vote with one event/activity under your belt, and no events if you live more than 100 miles away.

I want to see what people think of that before we put it to a vote.
  9. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That also sounds good. Hell the all sound good. Im to easy I guess or I just want all this political BS over so we can get back to being a fan club like we never was before.

Also if we are going to vote on newbies being able to vote then I wish to nomanate Tracy Wilson for voting privlages. He seems very happy to be here he came to Toy Hill and wore his Trooper costume, he also designed the new forum boards we are working on moving to. But he is unable for some security reason to log on to TFN but if aloud to vote he could email his vote to the AGR.
  10. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree that we should vote on that. Let's not do it in the public forum though. I move that we PM our votes on Tracy to Henry.

Sharon, did you meet Tracy also? If so, please post on the issue. Thanks.

Look forward to meeting you, Tracy.

Jacob
  11. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, I met Tracy. He seemed really enthusiastic about becoming an active member, especially if we do more events that he can go to.
  12. Korvyn Jedi Knight

star 1
    My problem is that i live in Waldron its nearly 4 hours to LR from my house. I also am married and use my time off for family things. i really hope that the events thing is figured up better i like the distance idea.
  13. ti7267 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    unfornately i live in Rogers and there is no one up this way :(
  14. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, nice to see our "distance" members here on the boards. Ahoy there.

Like I said, I would vote for such a clause. Bug the others to post some input so we can put it to a vote--by others I am referring to the people who are listed as being able to run for office.
  15. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    YA YA YA you know I'm easy heck I'm a clone and take orders very well. But I think instead of 50 it should be 75miles I know people that drive almost that to go to work everyday so doing once a year to hang out with friends at an event or somthing should not be that big of a deal. Heck how many of us drive 800 miles to go to CIII and then spend $1000or more when we got there. Trust the plastic boy this will be alot easier and cheaper than that.
    TK9468
  16. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, but you and I are different Henry. Well drive to another state to attend another club's functions...

I met a fellow a few weeks ago--shortly before my last movie night who went to C3 and said he'd come to the movie night and maybe even TimmyCon. Hasn't even returned my email. I hope we see him around, but we all have different priorities.

By the way, I was kinda using you and Conway as a standard for my "distance" clause. You are both well within the fifty mile radius, right?
  17. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Please post in the "Throwing my hat in" thread if you want to run for office.

I think that if we try and keep all the campaign info on one thread, it will be easier to follow.

Let us know what you want to run for and why.

Tell us a little bit about what you see in the clubs future.

You know, the usual campaigning stuff.

If you plan to vote, I need your real name if I don't already have it.

The following is a list of posters that I don't have a real name for. It will be required when you PM your vote. You will use your user name and your real name.

I need to send the list to our vote taker by the 14th of January.

Thanks, just post it or PM me if you don't want to post.

darthlaubin
    DarthArakis
    Dub273
    BetaHacker
    DieJediDogs
    Cronel
    leander
    PrincessNeko
    DejaVu
    Wickett1138
    JediStarKings
    Karilea_Ko
    CodyMonKenobi
    danielarnold

Thanks again.

Just trying to get organized and make this as simple as possible.

Good Luck to everybody who runs.
  18. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    OK Since it says in the by-laws that proxy voting must be announced to everyone....

Adakar (Gary) will be voting for his brother DarthMalice (James, not Ramon James) since he is currently without internet connection due to being at basic training with the Air Force.

Thanks
    Bacon
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.