main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark ArkanSith - Find Local Fans In Your Area

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Do we need to get an RSA to unsticky this thread and lock it so we can start a new one since Elan- started it and he isn't here to edit it anymore?

2. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    We can unstick it and move evrything to the new board also have the stick a post to the new board for newbies. What ya thank

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    We need a stick link to the other board that stays on top so we don't have to keep bumping it up.

More new people find this one than the other one (for now)but, it would be nice to have the link up top so we can send people to the other board to meet Tracy (and anyone else who can't get on this one where their internet access is.)

4. Enderan

Enderan Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    Hi, I'm new around here. Wanting to get involved. Jedi Ark Li'Tel or Enderan Alpharius, more commonly known as Joseph. Give me a hit jwmwestbrook@comcast.net or dissidentknights@unimwebcenter.com . I'd love to get involved and do some stuff. I also train Jedi in saber technique and spiritual guidance.

5. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Welcome, Joseph! Glad to see you made it around here.

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
  7. plainhavoc

plainhavoc Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2006
    Plainhavoc= Van Buren <//=- Robert Porter

also that database could be placed on the yahoo site, it's actually set up for info like this.

HaVoC out

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Welcome Robert.

Can we look forward to meeting you at an event?
    (I realize that VanBuren is quite a ways off...but, thought I'd make sure you know you're welcome to any event anyway.)

Hyper

9. plainhavoc

Jun 28, 2006
    Still trying to get finances in order. I've been beating down doors for sponsorship for the possible ARcon to be held in Ft. Smith. I have been in contact with the agents for Kenny Baker and Anthony Daniels to do appearances. It will be expensive (high estimates 30k) for the two appearances. I have everything worked out already with cost on renting out the commercial building and office spaces at Kay Rogers Park. Now, it's just a matter of setting an (actual) date and confirming appearances. If anyone else knows of anyone that could sponsor please let me know. I'm trying to get ahold of the owners of Vintage Stock as well. Also, vendors are needed. (collectibles, soda, beer (possible) that's what I am working on as of right now.
    However, I DO want to attend a meeting at a date closer towards Christmas. I hope to formally meet everyone at that time and discuss further plans and ideas about Arkansith involvment in this Con. I can't do it alone, and my one only other volunteer has just had a baby as well. I think this has come a long way, and I would like to see it go the distance.

Sincerely and MTFBWY!
    Robert Porter aka HaVoC

10. plainhavoc

Jun 28, 2006
    This list has been added to my site. Please visit to see if I left anyone out or any new updated info.

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ArkanSith/database?method=reportRows&tbl=2

Please let me know If I missed anything. Porter

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Most of that information is wrong and out of date.

There have been many changes since this thread started. The correct information appears in other places and on the other website.

Thanks

hyper, Secretary, ArkanSith Galactic Renegades.

12. lysander316

lysander316 Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2006
    Greetings. I am a resident of Ft. Smith and recently joined the Jedi Assembly after attending my first DragonCon ever. It was AWESOME!!! But what concerned me was that there did not seem to be much in the way of Arkansas members @ the Assembly. Boy, was I wrong!

Not only are there Force Fans in Arkansas, but there are events that take place in and around Ft Smith! YAY!!!

So, I've added myself to the database, but I just wanted to introduce myself and have my info added here, seeing as you're looking for peoples and their locations. Thanx!

May the Force be with you all....

13. plainhavoc

Jun 28, 2006
    Lysander316, please contact me. We might be of benefit to one another. 208-2075 after 3:30pm on weekdays please. This number is for anyone else that wishes to give Ideas about the (upcoming) meeting about ARcon at Kay Rogers. There's been a couple of setbacks and I need some heeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllppppppppppppp!!!! sorry.. been a bit stressed as of late... Everyone have a great weekend!
    Porter aka HaVoC

14. plainhavoc

Jun 28, 2006
    It's on the other site? okay, I'll do my best to copy that over this weekend.

15. Kamikaze_TIE

Kamikaze_TIE Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2006
    I would be Kamikaze_TIE : John Wieger

16. Kamikaze_TIE

Kamikaze_TIE Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2006
    Mayflower,Ar

17. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Glenda - Wynne

18. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    We welcome you new guys.

Kamikaze: Has your location changed to morrilton yet?

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    OK. The lady on the phone says it's not leaving...So, we'll try for the 21st as previously planned. More details to come soon... This way Jaira will be able to participate...

Thanks for your patience and understanding...

Bacon

20. VaderLover

VaderLover Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2007
    Hello Nyborg & the rest of you guys that I met at CIV. This is Cheryl from Little Rock. Hope everyone is transitioning well back into the "real" world after a great 5 days in LA!

21. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Welcome Cheryl.

Nice user name... Glad you found us.

You might want to check out the Searcy Library event on the 16th... The time and details should be posted soon.

Great to get another Arkansan on here. It was great meeting you... And running into you at our hotel.

Hope you enjoyed the con and had a safe trip home...

(Now that I said all the other stuff...I hope you're the lady we met with the dark haired little boy...if not, sorry and I'll remember who you are sooner or later)

Hope to see you soon at an event or meeting/hang out.

Welcome to the Arkansas Star Wars Fan Force.

22. VaderLover

Jun 1, 2007
    Yes, I am the one with the little boy who stayed at Wilshire.

23. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Welcome Cheryl we really just made it home and unpacked. Spent yesterday trying to readjust to a slower pace. We've been on the go since we left 1.5 weeks ago.
    Hope to see ya soon.
    Henry
    Nyborg13
    TK/TX9468

24. VaderLover

Jun 1, 2007
    Thanks for the welcome Henry... It's good to hear from you.
    I'm unpacked but still trying to figure out where I'm gonna put all the stuff that I bought. It's pilled high on a table right now. Need another room!!! Cheryl

25. Peanut_Butter_Time

Peanut_Butter_Time Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2007
    Hey Everyone,kinda new to the whole board thing but I will get used to it dont have a costume yet but I am seriously searching hard to find a good one dont know what to go with first a friend of mine I know hes on here refered me to you guys but I dont remember what he said his screen name was but Im glad to meet you all anyway and maybe I can make it to one of these events sometime soon if I can ever get my ride fixed ttyl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.