Ark ArkanSith - Find Local Fans In Your Area

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Peanut butter time where do you live someone might be able to give you a ride or we could gettogher in your town so it would be eaiser for you . If you would PM your friends name and I can tell you who he is on the boards plus I can pat them on the back for a new member.
    Henry
  2. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Welcome Peanut Butter...

Neat user name by the way....

We will be in Searcy on the 16th for a Library event. Photo op, Q and A... that sort of thing...

Anyway, what kind of costume are you working on?

You don't have to have a costume to participate, like we told solo71... we are a fan group that happens to participate in costuming events... But, we can always use folks not in take photos and be spotters for people who can't see out of their helmets...

So, with that... On behalf of the ArkanSith Galactic Renegades, I would like to welcome you to the boards and look forward to meeting you...

Any questions or anything that we can help you with... PM Nyborg, as mentioned above, he is our chapter rep/president or PM me... I'm the secretary/treasurer...

Welcome.
  3. Peanut_Butter_Time Jedi Padawan

Thanks hyper I hope I can get down to meet you guys there at the library dont know what going on in my calender yet and for my outfit that I would like to do is a Dark Jedi or a Darth character dont know which one but I like darth maul a lot and I see you dont have one of those it looks like in your merry group yet altough I dont know where I can find a pattern that I could do that one with and Im getting a bit o help from the 327th star corps there on where I can find the Vestigial horns at sorry if I put my first and this post in the wrong area didnt realize I did thought this was like the welcome wagon area.=P~
  4. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    This is the welcome wagon area. You were correct.

Might be able to help you out with a pattern for a Maul. Let me do some digging.

Thought I'd throw the costume information out there here since it's where you posted.

We're not that strict about where what gets posted. (At least most of us aren't...)

Welcome. If you can't make the library thing... There'll be more events to come..

Bacon
  5. Peanut_Butter_Time Jedi Padawan

Feel free to search for a good maul pattern that would be great if you can find one let me know
  6. solo71 Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is an official shout out to Hyperspace, Kynstar, Nyborg13, D, and all the others (sorry, don't know everybody's names yet) for a great time at the Searcy Library event. My boys had a blast, and so did I. All of your costumes looked great, and I was impresed with how good you all were with the kids and how you worked the crowd.
    Nyborg13, thanks again for the figures. Thanks to all of you for being so informative and answering all my questions.
    Hyperspace, I'm jonesing for that Jedi costume, now.

Hope to see you all again soon.
  7. sora_skywalker Jedi Padawan

Hello Every im new here and im in arkansas its hard to find fans like me in my Area

I live in Benton AR lol dont know many star wars fans around me

I do collect force fx lightsabers

Mace ROTS

Anakin ROTS

Obi-Wan ROTS

Darth Vader ANH

And

Darth Vader ESB

those are my sabers i have no costume that i will be working on one soon hopefully once i get the money XD nice talking to you

Sora_Skywalker-DJ

BTW DJ is my real name XD and im 14
  8. sora_skywalker Jedi Padawan

is this place even active?
  9. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Welcome Sora
    Yes where here its just summer and alot of people are out of town or working alot.
    We get together ever so often at my house wich is about 30 mile from NLR towards Memphis. If you are 14 as you say you are welcome to come but will need an adult with you.
    But we are glad to hear from you and will be intouch.
    You can email me or PM anytime. If you want.
    Henry
    ArkanSith CR
    Nyborg13
    TK9468
  10. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Definitely welcome aboard! :) The more the merrier! [face_dancing]
  11. Stez Jedi Padawan

Hey, another noobie here. :) My real name's Stephanie, I'm in Fayetteville. I'm a big fan of Star Wars. I'm not much of a collector of things when it comes to movies and TV shows I like, but I confess that I have a little Darth Vader action figure. eheheh. I've wanted to make a DV helmet for a while now, so maybe I'll actually get around to it someday. I like to backpack but I had a severe back injury last fall so I am completely out of shape, so my doc has told me that I can start going on short day hikes later this year, so I'm hoping to do that later. Once I do get back into shape, and can do longer hikes, if anyone's interested in going I may post a message here. One hike I want to complete is the Eagle Rock Loop, down in the Ouachitas, will take about a week to do. But there are easier/shorter hikes I also would love to do. My dream is to hike the Pacific Crest Trail that goes from Mexico to Canada - someday, if not soon. :)

Favorite TV shows at the mo' are Battlestar Galactica (the new one, hey!) and Grey's Anatomy. Is it true there's going to be a Star Wars show on TV? That would be freakin' awesome.

And now the schmoopy getting-to-know you stuff that sounds like a personals ad: I was born and raised in North Little Rock and Little Rock, also lived in Fort Smith for a while, went to college in AR and OK. I've traveled all over the US, and favorite parts so far were the N. California coast and New England. I'm into music of all kinds but I profess a complete adoration of all 70s music. I drive an old VW Beetle that I like working on in my spare time. :)

I would love to find other SW fans in the area to meet and hang out with!
  12. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Stez good to see ya here. We had a few members that lived up there but they just moved to the Dallas area last I heard. We do some costumeing but we are just a fan group and hang out alot. My cardiologist would love for me to go hicking with you but even with your injury your more fit than me Im sure. So ill pass on any big hikes.
    Henry
    ArkanSith CR
    Nyborg13
    TK9468
  13. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Totally failing at my 'Welcome" job here...

But, fortunately some of you guys have welcomed the "newbies"

Yes, our Fayetteville (Rogers) folks moved to Dallas just this past weekend... BUT, I have family in Bentonville so I am
    up there from time to time.

And to our new person in Benton. You are welcome as well. Just make sure that you have an adult over 21 with you if you
    come to an event/meeting.

Welcome to you both.

I'm in Washington DC at the moment so, when I get back home I'll try to get it touch with you both and let you know what
    we have coming up soon.

Bacon
  14. StarkRhavyn Jedi Master

star 3
    My wife and I lived in Fayetteville until just a couple of months ago.
    I used to do some light hiking near Siloam Springs but bugs and alergies and pretty much detered me. And now I'm in Little Rock and don't know of any parks in the area, even if I had time to go.
  15. sora_skywalker Jedi Padawan

thanks for the welcome im just seeing if i can actually find people my age to just hang with XD Im actually trying to start something called the

"Arkansas Jedi"

Sorta like the new york jedi i just wanna be around fans like me and i dont think ill be going to one of the "Meetings" my mom doesnt take me any where sadly so just have to figure something out for me to do
  16. niktom Jedi Padawan

"Niktom" = Scott from Nashville... GO SCRAPPERS!
  17. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    As I mentioned on the getting to know you thread...

Welcome to the ArkanSith Renegades.

We hope to get to know you... we always welcome another fan...

Looking forward to meeting you.

HP
  18. locokarma Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Welcome (belated) to our newest members!

I don't frequent here as much, since I can't tell from one day from the next when this site is blocked at work.... but I am trying to play catch-up on some of the posts.
  19. NealeCarter Jedi Padawan

Hello!

I've been meaning to post for a while now, and finally found the time.

Hi. I'm Neale. I've had the pleasure of meeting some of ya'll at MidSouthCon (Razorback_Jedi, hyperspace_polcie and kelnar if my memory's correct) about a week and change ago ago...and yes, Tracy, I'm the same guy that Brian introduced you to at work. 8)

I'm pretty much a fan-of-all-trades, with Star Wars holding a special place in my heart since it got me started on SF and fantasy, and from there to fandom, conventions, the SCA, etc.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you on the boards and maybe in person sometime.

Take care,everyone.

Neale

20. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Was good to meet you. Glad you found us.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Our "events" are posted on these forums. Hope you can make one soon.

21. herblady Jedi Padawan

Would any of those living in the Fort Smith rea " this includes Van Buren and Alma" please contact me privately? I would like to get something going.

-Charlotte-
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.