JCC Arlon adventures something Walgreens very exciting

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheGuardianofArlon, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Sauntaero Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree. I work with lots of people who are completely baffled by computers, much less multi-option printers. And really, from my experience, a decent lab* can give you better quality prints, most of the time for little to no cost difference.

*This probably excludes many Walgreens labs, sorry... I have used a couple good ones though for my prints.
  2. Trika_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    I am one of those folks with no high-tech photo printer. I just used the prestigious Walgreens photo lab to print a few 4"x6" photos, and it cost me about a dollar. For as little as I care to print photos, it's a good option for me.
  3. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    Well I didn't do photo stuff today I did the front cashier work. I got my receipt here which states I had 76 customers today, 241 items sold, 2 items were the suggested items. Suggested items are what we try to sell at the desk for instance its planters and gum. Most sales were cigarette related. I even smell like cigs just by standing by that stuff all day.

Trouble is a guy came in handed me his license, and I looked at it. It had a bubble in the middle. Now mind you this is the last type of license before we switched to this a new type, but from the training it said bubbles in the means it could be fake. I scanned it, and it rang up as real. So I gave him his cigs, he payed with card and left.

But I still think it might of been fake even though it scanned and I'm still thinking of calling my manager about it....

:(
  4. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    I wouldn't worry about it, tomorrow is just another day.
  5. block Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I doubt you smell like cigarettes, being that they are wrapped in plastic, and not being smoked while you stand there.
  6. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9

Place 4 candy bars around you. It will combat the cigarette aroma and you'll smell like chocolate.
  7. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I once touched a hemp rope and I smelled like pot for three days!
  8. block Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll bet you could hear colors though!
  9. GallifreyanSith Jedi Master

star 1
    If you do report it, be ready to update the resume. I don't know about Walgreens, but most places I've worked at that dealt with cigarettes would fire someone for selling if they suspected the ID was fake.
  10. Aytee-Aytee Force Ghost

star 5
  11. Jedi_Johnson Force Ghost

star 5
    Did you get high too?
  12. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    Well today I was helping to stock shelves. That was fun. Today I had 81 customers, sold 246 items, and sold 4 of the suggested items. So cool.

Towards the end this little girl came in, walked forward to a shelf, then turned to look at me and said seriously: "You don't want to know how much money we have at our house." Then turned and walked away to do her business. It was cute, but I was like: "Whoa wait what?" Her mom came in and they bought this coin rolls for the little girl (actually the little girl bought them) because she has lots of money at home (she says over $300).

I had this one guy come in and buy a tall box of trojans. I noticed something. Why doesn't it ask for ID for those? I mean this could could of been 16 (probably not), but none the less why don't be ID those?
  13. Jedi_Johnson Force Ghost

star 5
    Why would you need to ID someone for condoms? There's not an age restriction on buying them.
  14. Aytee-Aytee Force Ghost

star 5
    And yet they actively card 21 for liquor and ammunition. What the HELL is up with that?
  15. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    I just thought they always were checked for Ids and that younger people than 18 couldn't get them.
  16. Aytee-Aytee Force Ghost

star 5

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-06-22/news/27067858_1_condom-distribution-policy-school-nurse-school-committee
  17. hudzu Chosen One

star 6
    arlon.

are you ****ing serious?
  18. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6

I knew you had to be IDed for ammo, but you have to be 21? I didn't know that.

That's disgusting. You don't need to be teaching preschoolers about sex.

Yes[face_plain]
  19. Aytee-Aytee Force Ghost

star 5
    Best way to keep anyone under 18 from buying condoms...meet them with a cold, icy, discouraging stare.

Its like playing chicken.

Nine times out of ten, their face will go beet red and they will scurry off to put them back on the shelf before hurrying back out the door.
  20. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    Where does it say anything about pre-school?
  21. AaylaSecurOWNED Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, I think it's a great idea to discourage teenagers from buying condoms. As we all know, teenagers who are unable to buy condoms will definitely not have unprotected sex anyway.
  22. IellaAntilles Jedi Knight

star 3
    Don't forget about being carded for canned air. That one still surprises me, probably since I buy it at most, twice a year?

and oh noes! That 15 year old is buying condoms, for shame! Seriously Arlon? Do you think those kids are going to have mommy or daddy buy the condoms?
  23. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    I thought it did, my bad. But still elementary school kids don't need to be taught that stuff....nor preschoolers..
  24. hudzu Chosen One

star 6
    what would be an appropriate age then, arlon
  25. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    1) The article say nothing about teaching them anything other than proper condom use (a useful and safe thing to know). I would rather condoms be available than not, as not having them won't prevent anyone from having sex. And according to the article in order to get the condom they have to speak to a school nurse first, so they aren't handing them out like candy.

2) What's wrong with teaching kids about sex? I doubt they are teaching them anything tawdry or showing them perverse imagery, but rather teaching things like anatomy and human reproduction. These are natural "God given" facets of humanity.